You can watch BFI Player in Australia with the help of a VPN. We have given the four easy steps in this guide that you can follow to unblock BFI Player abroad and access your favorite channels and shows. Our top choice VPN is ExpressVPN.
BFI Player is a video-on-demand streaming service that lets you watch all the classic and critically acclaimed films. The most popular titles on BFI Player are Crimes of the Future, The Lost King, Parasite, American Psycho, The Handmaiden, The Innocents, and The Wicker Man.
However, like other streaming sites, geo-restrictions are also imposed on BFI Player. For this reason, you need a VPN to access its content in Australia. A VPN helps you virtually change your location, making you appear on the streaming site as if you are living in the UK.
Our quick guide has also included a list of the best VPNs to unblock BFI Player in Australia; our VPN rankings are based on speed, the number of servers, security, and reliability.
How to Watch BFI Player in Australia [Quick Guide]
You can watch BFI Player in Australia by following the quick steps below:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to a UK server after entering your credentials. We recommend using the Docklands server.
- Visit the BFI Player’s official website, and enter your credentials to enjoy streaming.
Why do you need a VPN to watch BFI Player in Australia
You need a VPN to access BFI Player in Australia because it is an OTT service that is only accessible in the UK due to the geo-restrictions. Using a VPN like ExpressVPN, you can easily unblock BFI Player in Australia and enjoy watching classic movies.
If you try accessing BFI Player Abroad without a VPN, you will get the following message on your screen:
“Location not authorised”
A VPN will let you connect to the UK server and hide your local IP address. This way, you will be able to trick the servers of BFI Player and will be able to watch all the content of BFI Player in Australia. A VPN also lets you watch CBS All Access, NOW TV, or BBC iPlayer in Australia without any interruptions.
However, as all VPNs are not strong enough to bypass the strong restrictions on the streaming services, we recommend using only premium VPNs. Our best-recommended VPN for streaming is ExpressVPN.
Best VPNs to Watch BFI Player in Australia
After testing 20+ VPNs, we have listed the best VPN services that will let you connect to the UK server and allow you to unblock BFI player.
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch BFI Player in Australia
ExpressVPN is the most recommended VPN to watch BFI Player in Australia, because of its blazing-fast servers around the globe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch BFI Player in Australia. It offers 3000+ servers in 94+ countries. It has high-speed UK servers in 4 locations.
This VPN offers a download speed of 89.42 Mbps, which is perfect for streaming movies and TV shows, and also it provides us with an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps.
We connected to the Docklands server on ExpressVPN to watch BFI Player in Australia.
It is compatible with Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and macOS. You can connect up to five devices simultaneously on one account. Its unique MediaStreamer feature allows you to stream on those devices that do not support VPN.
For security, it used AES 256-bit data encryption, a kill switch, and a no-log policy. With ExpressVPN, you don’t need to fear for your digital privacy. Also, we tested this VPN for potential leaks and found that it has no DNS or IP leaks.
ExpressVPN offers its services at just AU$ 10.2 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan. You can also use ExpressVPN to watch Sky Go and Channel 4 in Australia. For your help, the customer support team is available 24.7 live. It is a risk-free VPN with a money-back guarantee of one month.
2. Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Watch BFI Player in Australia
Surfshark is an affordable VPN to watch BFI Player in Australia. It offers a plan for AU$ 3.52 /mo (US$ 2.30 /mo ) - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan, which is the industry’s cheapest offer. It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries and offers high-speed servers in four UK locations.
This VPN offers a download speed of 88.14 Mbps which is perfect for streaming movies and TV shows, and also provides us with an upload speed of 83.72 Mbps.
We connected to the London server to watch our favorite shows on BFI Player.
Surfshark has all the essential data protection and safety features that a VPN should have, including AES 256-bit encryption, kill switch, Clean Web, and split tunneling.
It can unblock BT Sport and ITV in Australia, thanks to its strong servers.
You can connect unlimited devices on a single account, like Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and macOS.
Like other premium VPNs, Surfshark is also risk-free, with a one-month refund policy and 24/7 live customer support.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN to Access BFI Player in Australia
NordVPN is a popular VPN option to access BFI Player Abroad. It has 5543+ servers in 60+ countries and more than 440 servers in the UK.
On a 100 Mbps connection speed, this VPN provided a download speed of 86.38 Mbps, and an upload speed of 80.42 Mbps
We connected to the Edinburgh server on NordVPN to access BFI Player in Australia.
The strong unblocking powers of this VPN will let you unblock various streaming platforms like Sky Sports network and Eurosport in Australia.
It ensures AES 256-bit encryption with a strict no-logs policy and no IP or DNS leaks. More features like a kill switch, dedicated streaming mode, and a friendly user interface make this VPN popular. It also applies other tunneling protocols like PPTP, SSTP, IPSec, and IKEv2 to maintain its clients’ online privacy.
NordVPN charges AU$ 5.34 /mo (US$ 3.49 /mo ) - Save 60% on 2 Years Deal. It allows up to 6 simultaneous connections. You can use it on Windows, Android, iOS, router, macOS, and Linux.
How Do I Sign Up For BFI Player in Australia?
- Subscribe to a VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN client on your device.
- Connect to its servers in the UK.
4. Visit BFI’s official webpage.
5. Click the Sign-Up button.
6. Enter your details to create your account.
7. Enjoy watching your favorite shows on the BFI Player in Australia.
Can I use a free VPN to watch BFI Player in Australia?
No, free VPNs are highly unreliable and can not bypass BFI Player’s strong geo-restrictions. They have very limited servers flooded with numerous users worldwide, which slows down your connection speed and gives you a pathetic streaming experience.
Not only that, but you also risk your privacy with free VPNs, as they are infamous for leaking their users’ important information.
Nothing comes for free, as you might get the VPN service for free with these VPNs, but very few people know that many free VPNs are known for selling their user’s information to various third parties.
Keeping all the above points in mind, we recommend not using the free VPNs to watch BFI Player Abroad. Therefore, you should always use a premium VPN to watch BFI Player in Australia. You can use a premium VPN to watch Channel 4 in Australia as well.
What are the BFI Player Compatible Devices?
The BFI Player app is compatible with the following devices and platforms:
- Android mobiles and tablet
- iOS Devices (iPhones and iPad)
- Smart TV
- Apple TV
- macOS (MacBook Pro, iMac Pro, MacBook Air, iMac)
- Samsung Smart TVs
Is there a BFI Player app for Android?
- Go to the VPN app on your Android device. We recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Connect to the UK – Dockland server on it.
- Create a new Google account, choosing the UK as your location.
- Log in to the Play Store using your new account.
- Find the BFI Player app and choose to install it.
- Once the app is installed, sign in and enjoy a BFI Player subscription!
Can you get BFI Player on PS4?
- Navigate to the TV/ Videos option on your PS4.
- From the menu, find BFI Player.
- Choose the Get option from the drop-down list.
- BFI Player will now appear in the My Channels list on your PS4.
Is BFI Player on Roku?
Once the VPN is connected, follow these steps:
- Plug your Roku device into your TV with the help of an HDMI cable.
- Switch on your TV device.
- On your Roku home screen, you’ll find the BFI Player app. (If not, you can search for it from Roku Channel Store).
- Open the app and log in. Happy Streaming!
How do I get BFI Player on my Smart TV?
- Install a high-quality VPN app like ExpressVPN.
- Link to the UK – Docklands server.
- Navigate to the admin panel of your router device and configure the VPN app.
- Now turn on your Smart TV.
- From the app store, find the BFI Player app and download it.
- Sign in with your credentials. Enjoy Streaming!
Can you get BFI Player on Firestick?
- Go to the search menu on your Firestick screen.
- Choose Unknown Sources and install ExpressVPN.
- Link to the United Kingdom server, for instance, Docklands.
- Now, in the search app bar, enter BFI Player.
- The BFI Player app for Firestick will appear on the screen. Choose Get.
- Once the app is downloaded, open it and log in. Enjoy!
How to watch BFI Player on Apple TV?
- Set up ExpressVPN on your router device and connect to the UK – Docklands server.
- Launch your Apple TV.
- Open your App Store and search for BFI Player.
- Press Get to download the application.
- Open the application and sign in to the app using your credentials.
- Enjoy streaming BFI Player on your Apple TV.
Note: If you’re residing in Australia, you’ll need a VPN to watch BFI Player. Since Apple TV does not support a VPN client, you may use ExpressVPN’s Mediastreamer to configure SmartDNS on your Apple TV.
Best Movies to Watch on BFI Player
You can watch the following movies on the BFI Player:
- Knives Out
- Saint Maud
- La La Land
- Green Room
- My Old School
- Drive My Car
Is BFI Player available in Australia?
Is BFI Player free in Australia?
Can I watch BFI player abroad?
What VPN works with BFI Player?
Can I watch BFI through Amazon Prime?
BFI Player lets you rent the latest movies and classics on its paid subscription and also lets you watch content for free, but the problem is that it is only available in the UK.
We have solved this problem in our easy guide as we have shared the easy steps to watch the BFI Player in Australia. We believe that ExpressVPN is the best option among all VPN providers to unblock BFI Player abroad as it is reliable and has powerful servers.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask us in the comments section.