Funimation is an American streaming platform broadcasting dubbed East Asian content, primarily focusing on Japanese Anime.
Anime lovers enjoy watching the top shows and movies on Funimation in Australia like Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, The Black Phone, and Top Gun.
However, since Funimation has merged with Crunchyroll, subscribers are now wondering if they should cancel their Funimation subscription in Australia.
Our quick guide has shared the steps on how to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia.
Funimation is available only in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland. and geo-restricted in other countries. You can use a reliable VPN (Virtual Private Network) to watch Funimation outside Australia or access the Funimation app or website to cancel the subscription.
We mostly recommend using ExpressVPN for streaming services. It is fast and secure. Connect to the Australian server on ExpressVPN, and then you can easily access the Funimation application or website to cancel your subscription.
How to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia (Quick Steps)
Here are the quick steps on how to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia from your computer if you have subscribed to it through the website:
- Visit the Funimation website on the browser.
Visit Funimation website in Australia
- Log in with your Funimation account credentials.
Login to your account
- Select the purple icon in the top right corner. Choose My Account.
Choose My Account
- Select subscription and then choose to cancel.
Select subscription and choose cancel
- Confirm your choice by selecting the Cancel Subscription button.
Other Methods to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia
There are various methods to cancel your Funimation subscription in Australia depending on how you subscribe to this anime streaming service. Once you cancel your subscription on Funimation in Australia, you won’t be able to access the platform anymore, and it won’t charge you for the service.
We have shared the steps on how to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia on Android, iOS, Apple TV app, Microsoft wallet, and Amazon in-app purchase. You can also cancel Funimation free trial following these steps.
How to cancel a Funimation subscription in Australia (For iOS app Users)
To cancel your Funimation subscription in Australia on your iOS app, follow these quick steps:
- Go to the settings menu on your iOS device.
Go to the settings menu
- Select iTunes and App Store.
Select iTunes & App Store
- Tap the Apple ID and select to view it.
Tap View Apple ID
- Select manage from the subscription menu.
Select mangage from subscriptions
- Choose Funimation.
- Turn off Automatic Renewal by turning the green toggle off.
Turn off Automatic renewal
How to cancel a Funimation subscription in Australia (For Android app Users)
Here is the easy guide on how to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia on phone or tablet:
- Go to the Funimation application on your Android device.
Go to Funimation app
- Sign in to your account.
sign in to your account
- Navigate to the settings menu.
- Select Your plan. Google Play subscription page will open.
- Select Funimation and choose cancel subscription.
- Enter the reason for the cancellation and confirm.
Enter the reason to cancel
- A notification will appear that the subscription plan will cancel.
How to cancel a Funimation subscription in Australia (For Apple TV app Users)
Here are the easy steps on how to cancel Funimation subscription free trial or regular subscription if you subscribed to the service through iTunes on your Apple TV:
- Go to the settings app on the menu.
- Choose Account and then select Manage Subscriptions.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Choose Funimation.
- Switch off the Automatic Renewal and confirm your choice.
How to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia (Using Amazon In-App Purchase)
Follow these simple steps to cancel your Funimation subscription in Australia with Amazon in-app purchase:
- Sign in to the Amazon account you used for Funimation.
- Select Your subscriptions.
Choose Membership & Subscription
- Next to the Funimation renewal date, choose Action.
- Choose Turn off Auto-Renewal.
- Confirm your choice.
How to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia (Using Microsoft Wallet on Xbox One)
Follow the instructions below to cancel your Funimation subscription in Australia using Microsoft wallet on Xbox One:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Navigate to Services & Subscriptions.
- Select the Manage option, which appears next to the Funimation subscription.
- Select confirm cancellation.
Note: If you can’t cancel the Funimation subscription in Australia, check the account you logged in to on Microsoft. Use the same account you used to sign up for Funimation.
How to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia (Roku user)
To cancel your Funimation subscription in Australia through Roku, here are the easy steps:
- Navigate to https://my.roku.com/account.
- Sign in to your Roku account.
- Manage your Funimation subscription.
- Select Cancel subscription.
- Confirm cancel.
- Choose Done to end the process.
What are the Alternatives of Funimation in Australia?
The best alternative to Funimation is Crunchyroll, as both streaming platforms have merged. Another best alternative to Funimation is Netflix if you already have its subscription.
If you do not want to use Crunchyroll or Japanese Netflix, here is the list of some more alternative streaming services of Funimation in Australia:
- Anime News Network
- Anime Planet
- My Anime List
- 9 anime
Though the Funimation subscription cost is reasonable, if you still want to cancel it, you will find animated content on all the above-mentioned streaming services. Keep yourself entertained all the time!
Also Read: Anime On HBO Max in Australia
What happens if I cancel my Funimation subscription in Australia?
If you cancel your Funimation subscription in Australia, it will not charge for their streaming service, and you won’t be able to access the content on their platform any longer.
Should I cancel Funimation in Australia if I have Crunchyroll?
If you have a Crunchyroll subscription in Australia, you can cancel your Funimation subscription any time you decide. Crunchyroll and Funimation have merged; you can access the anime content of Funimation on Crunchyroll. However, you will not be able to access your Funimation content history in Crunchyroll.
When can I cancel my Funimation subscription in Australia?
You can cancel your Funimation subscription in Australia anytime you want to. The cancelation will be effective from when your current subscription plan ends. Navigate to the accounts menu, select manage subscription, and then choose cancel subscription.
We hope that our quick guide helped you to understand how to cancel Funimation subscription in Australia.
If you are traveling in a region where Funimation is unavailable, you can use a trustworthy VPN service to access the Funimation app or website and cancel your subscription in Australia. You can also use the VPN to watch Funimation shows or movies.
In addition to Funimation, you can also access other streaming platforms with a VPN like Sling TV, HBO Max, and Paramount Plus in Australia.
The best VPN for streaming platforms in Australia is ExpressVPN. It connects quickly, offers high speed, and is reliable.
If you can’t cancel Funimation subscription in Australia, you can contact their customer support department.