Are you looking for ways to watch Disney Plus on PS4? If yes, then you are at the right place as we will be unveiling the seven easy steps to watch Disney Plus on PS4.
In this article, we’ll go over how to get Disney Plus on PS4 and what you’ll be able to stream. Whether you’re a die-hard Marvel Cinematic Universe fan or prefer to explore the real world with National Geographic, Disney Plus is a veritable goldmine of content.
Recommended: Watch Marvel Movies in Order
Is Disney Plus on PS4 in 2022?
Yes, On November 12, 2019, at 6:00 a.m. EST, Disney Plus was released on the PlayStation 4 in North America. In terms of the rest of the world, Disney+ will be available in Europe on March 31, 2020.
How to get Disney+ on PS4 in geo-restricted locations
If you can not directly access Disney Plus in your region due to geo-restrictions, you can still watch it in your country with the help of a VPN. You can set up Smart DNS on PS4 to watch Disney+ from anywhere with the help of a VPN.
- Subscribe to a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Go to ExpressVPN’s DNS setting page and sign in using your credentials.
- Under the IP address registration option, click on Register my IP address.
4. Head towards the ExpressVPN’s setup page and note the MediaStreamer DNS server IP address
Now that you have a new DNS IP address, you can proceed with setting up the DNS servers on your PS4 to watch Disney+.
How to set up DNS servers to watch Disney+ on your PS4 in Australia
- Go to the Settings tab on your PS4.
- Go to Network and then select Set Up Internet Connection.
- The next step is to select your internet connection.
- Select Custom and then select “Automatic”.
- Select Do Not Specify and then select Manual.
- Select Primary DNS.
- Enter the address that you noted in the previous steps and select Done.
- Select Next and then select Automatic.
- Finalize setting your smart DNS on your PlayStation.
- Now, open the Disney+ app and log in with your credentials.
- Enjoy streaming your favorite shows.
How does Smart DNS Allow you to Access Disney+ on your PS4 from Anywhere?
When you access Disney+ from your location, it fetches your IP and DNS addresses. According to the Disney+ geo-blocking policies, you can not directly access its content from the geo-blocked locations. So, if you try accessing Disney+ from a geo-restricted location, it will give you a location error.
You can use a VPN’s Smart DNS service to mask your IP address and set up the IP address of the location you are trying to access. So, if you will access Disney+ on your PS4 using a VPN’s Smart DNS, it will change your IP and make Disney+ think that you are accessing it from a different location, and easily bypass the geo-blocks.
How to update Disney Plus on PS4
Follow the steps below to update Disney Plus on your PS4:
- Launch your PS4.
- Select the Disney Plus App.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Check for Update in the options menu.
- Press the X button on your controller.
- Now, your PS4 will check if there is a new version of Disney+ available or not.
- If there’s an update available then your PlayStation will start downloading it.
- You will be notified once the update has been completed.
- If your app is already updated, then you will see the message that the installed application is already in the latest version.
How much is Disney Plus on PS4
The monthly plan of Disney Plus costs $6.99 per month. If you want to subscribe to their yearly plan, you can get it at $69.99 per year (Save $13.89 on the annual payment plan). Disney+also offers a special bundle that comes with Disney Plus with ESPN+ and Hulu for a total of $12.99/month.
You may select the package that suits your requirements. Once you have purchased the Disney+ subscription, you can then enter your login credentials to enjoy streaming Disney+ on your PS4 or PS4 Pro.
Best Disney+ Movies
Disney+ lets you access the following popular movies on its library:
- Beauty and the Beast
- Black Panther
- Jungle Cruise
- Finding Dory
- Inside Out
- Mary Poppins
- Raya and the last Dragon
- The Princess Bride
What other devices does Disney+ support?
You can access Disney+ on the following devices:
- Desktop Web Browsers (via streaming)
- Mobile Devices and Tablets (via free downloaded app)
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Android phone and tablet (Watch Disney+ on Android devices)
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Set-top Boxes and Game Consoles (via free downloaded app)
- Smart TVs (pre-installed or via free downloaded app)
- Android TV Devices
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (Watch Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV)
- Other Streaming Devices (via free downloaded app)
Is Disney+ available on PS5?
Yes, Disney+ is available for PlayStation 5 console. You can install and watch it on PS5 from the PlayStation Store, just like Netflix or YouTube.
Is Disney Plus available on PS4?
Why is my Disney Plus lagging on PS4?
Is Disney Plus on PS4 UK?
Does Disney Plus cost money on PS4?
Can you watch Disney Plus in 4K on PS4?
Is Disney Plus on PS5?
How to cancel Disney Plus on PS4?
1) Open the Disney+ app on your PS4 and log in with your credentials.
2) Select the Profile icon and click Accounts.
3) Select your active subscription plan.
4) Click on the cancel subscription button.
5) Finally, click Complete Cancellation to cancel your Disney+ subscription on PS4.
You now know the easy steps to access Disney plus on PS4. Even if Disney Plus is not available in your country, you can still access it with the help of a VPN like ExpressVPN and enjoy its streaming experience on your PlayStation.