You can change your Netflix Region in Canada and access any country’s library using a VPN. Follow our guide to learn the easy steps to change the Netflix region and access any Netflix library of your own choice.
Netflix has a specific content library for every region. Every library has numerous similar content titles, but some movies and TV shows are restricted to particular regions. These restrictions are in place because of content distribution regulations and licensing issues.
Changing a region might seem like a tough thing to do, but it is quite simple in reality. However, if not done smartly, Netflix can easily notice that you are doing something fishy and block your IP address. Follow the method explained in this guide to easily change your Netflix region and enjoy binge-watching your favorite shows.
Why Would I Want to Change Netflix Region in Canada?
You would need to change the Netflix region in Canada as it has a separate library for every region. Many content titles are limited to specific regions. To access the geo-restricted content tiles, changing the Netflix region is the only option.
For example, content titles like Batman: The Killing Joke, Criminal Minds, Dexter, The Twilight Zone are available on US Netflix only. For example, if you are using Netflix in Canada, you will not be able to access any of these movies or TV shows. To watch these shows you will have to bypass the geo-restrictions and for that, you will have to change the Netflix region.
Why Do I Need a VPN to Change Your Netflix Region in Canada?
As mentioned before, you will have to change your Netflix region in Canada to bypass the Netflix geo-restrictions and for that the best VPN options to stream Netflix in Canada is necessary. When you connect to a VPN server, assigns you a new DNS and IP address and encrypts your traffic. Thus, not only does it spoof your location but it also protects your privacy.
Once your location is spoofed, you will have access to the Netflix library of the region you are connected to through the VPN. Netflix checks your DNS and IP address and then provides you access to the library corresponding with it. For example, if you are accessing Netflix in Canada, then it will show you the Canadian library because it identifies your region through your IP and DNS. However, if you use a VPN and connect to a USA server, then you will be able to access American Netflix in Canada.
Best VPNs to Change Your Netflix Region in 2021
After testing more than 15 VPN providers, I have shortlisted the following 4 Best VPNs that you can use to change the Netflix region in Canada.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for changing your Netflix region. It has a massive network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries. It is the #1 choice in terms of speed and security but is slightly more expensive than its competitors. You can also take advantage of their exclusive 12 months + 3 months free deal in which you will get their service for free for 3 months straight when subscribing to their exclusive package. Also, we tested ExpressVPN for potential leaks and found that it has no DNS leaks.
Here are some of the key features of ExpressVPN:
- 3000+ servers across 94 countries.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- Kill switch feature.
- Split tunnelling and P2P enabled.
- 5 Simultaneous Connections allowed.
- Strict No-logs policy.
- Browser Extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- Compatible with Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, FireOS, Linux, etc.
Surfshark is an affordable VPN to change the Netflix region in Canada and hence is at the second spot on our list. Its servers are protected with AES-256 military-grade encryption, and it guarantees no IP and DNS leaks. Surfshark works well with Netflix as it allows unlimited multi-logins so that you can share your account with your friends and family. It charges $2.21/mo on its 2-year package.
Following are some of the key features of Surfshark:
- 3200+ servers in 63 countries.
- Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protection.
- Private DNS on every server.
- Strict no-logs policy.
- Unlimited multi-logins.
- Ad-blocker feature.
- Multi-hop and kill switch feature.
- Supports all major OS like Windows, Android, FireOS, iOS, Linux, macOS, etc.
Surfshark provides 24/7 live chat support that you can access on their official website. You can also view their Netflix guide on their website.
NordVPN is a favorable option for changing the Netflix region in Canada as it offers 5400 servers from 59 countries for streaming Netflix. With NordVPN, you can enjoy watching HD movies and TV Shows on Netflix without any buffering or lagging. NordVPN is a reliable VPN provider to unblock Netflix because it does not leak IP or DNS and bypasses the Netflix firewall easily. It charges $3.71/mo for its 2-year package and provides high-end features.
Below are the key features of NordVPN:
- Automatic Kill Switch.
- DNS leak protection.
- No-logs policy.
- Military-grade encryption.
- Supports six simultaneous connections.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- A browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- P2P Sharing.
You can have all your queries answered on NordVPN’s 24/7 live chat support. Go through their Netflix guide to know more about their services.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Change the Region on Netflix in Canada?
No, you cannot use a free VPN to change the region on Netflix because free VPN providers are not reliable. Their security protocols are weak, and they can leak your IP and DNS very easily. Free VPNs are infamous for selling your data to third parties. Moreover, their service is not up to par so they can’t easily bypass the Netflix geo-restrictions.
How to Change Netflix Region on iPhone
You can access any Netflix library on your iPhone by changing your Netflix region in Canada with the help of a VPN. Follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Visit the App Store and download the VPN application on your phone.
- Install and log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a server of your desired region.
- Open the Netflix application, and enjoy accessing your selected server’s library.
How to Change Netflix Country on Android
You can easily change your Netflix region in Canada on an Android phone by following the steps below:
- Subscribe to a trusted and reliable VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
- Visit the Google Play Store and download its application.
- Install and log in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Connect to a server of your desired Netflix library’s region.
- Launch your Netflix application and enjoy accessing the selected region’s Netflix library.
How to Change Netflix Country on PS4
You can not Install a VPN app directly on PS4 but you can change the Netflix region in Canada on PS4 by using MediaStreamer. Follow these simple steps to change the Netflix region on PS4 without any hassle:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Open the ExpressVPN website and sign in to your account.
- Now, open the ExpressVPN DNS settings page.
- Head to IP address registration and click on Register my IP address.
- Turn On Automatically register my IP address option.
- Now, go to the ExpressVPN setup page and look for your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address.
- Now Boot your PS4 and open its Settings.
- Go to the Network section and click on Set Up Internet Connection.
- Now, choose Use Wi-Fi or Use a LAN cable under How do you want to connect to the network option.
- If the system asks you to use existing wifi settings, click Yes.
- Under How do you want to set up the Internet connection?, choose Custom.
- Select your wifi connection and enter your password.
- Choose the following settings: IP Address Settings – Automatic; DHCP Host Name – Do Not Specify; DNS Settings – Manual. Then select Primary DNS.
- Enter your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address (found in step 4) and click Done then Next.
- Finally, select the following settings: MTU Settings – Automatic; Proxy Server – Do Not Use; Internet settings updated – Test Internet Connection.
Now restart your PS4 and then your Netflix region will be changed.
How to Change Netflix Region on Roku
Roku is another system that does not support native VPN apps, but there are a few options for changing the Netflix region on Roku if you’re willing to put in some effort:
- Set up a VPN router and connect your Roku to it.
- Create a VPN -protected wifi hotspot on your laptop computer, and connect your Roku to it.
- Screencast to the Roku using a VPN-protected Android smartphone or tablet.
How Do I Change My Netflix Country without a VPN in Canada?
You can also change your Netflix country without a VPN using a DNS proxy. However, this method is quite weak as compared to a paid VPN, as Netflix can easily block a DNS proxy. Follow the steps below to change your Netflix region with a DNS proxy.
- Get a working DNS server address from your provider.
- Go to the Network Settings on your device.
- Click on “Custom and Manual” and enter your DNS server addresses.
- To activate the DNS settings, restart your network connection.
- Open Netflix and access the Netflix library in your selected region.
How Do I Solve the Netflix Proxy Error?
If Netflix detects that you are using a proxy service or a VPN, it will give you a Netflix Proxy Error, and you will see the following message:
However, you can easily fix this proxy error by following our steps below:
- Subscribe to a VPN server that can easily unblock Netflix. (Our recommendation is ExpressVPN due to its high-speed servers and great functionality).
- Download the application or browser extension and log in to it.
- The next step is to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Try accessing Netflix again, if it still doesn’t work then try switching your server.
Countries with Largest Netflix library
The following countries have the largest Netflix libraries:
|Country||Number of titles in the Netflix library|
Is it legal to change Netflix region in Canada?
Yes, it is completely legal to change your Netflix region in Canada with a VPN as long as you don’t access any illegal content.
Why does Netflix change in different countries?
Which country has the best Netflix in 2021?
The USA has the best Netflix in 2021 because it contains the maximum number of content titles, i.e., 5900+ making its library quite diverse.
Can you use Netflix in two different countries at the same time?
How does Netflix know my location?
How do I change my Netflix payment region?
After reading the whole blog, you must now be acquainted with the easy steps to change your Netflix region in Canada. You should always use a reliable and trusted VPN service like ExpressVPN to change your Netflix country as it will mask your identity and give you optimal security. Changing the Netflix region will unlock the library of that selected region so that you can enjoy streaming your favourite TV Shows and movies on that region’s library.