You can change your Netflix Region in Canada and access any country’s library using a VPN. Follow our guide to learn the easy steps to change the Netflix region and access Netflix library of your own choice.
Netflix has a specific content library for every region. Every library has numerous similar content titles, but some movies and TV shows are restricted to particular regions. These restrictions are in place because of content distribution regulations and licensing issues.
Changing Netflix region might seem like a tough thing to do, but it is quite simple in reality. However, if not done smartly, Netflix can easily notice that you are doing something fishy and block your IP address. Follow the method explained in this guide to easily change your Netflix location and enjoy binge-watching your favourite shows with your Netflix subscription.
Why Would I Want to Change Netflix Region in Canada?
You would need to change Netflix location in Canada as it has a separate library for every region. Many content titles are limited to specific regions. To access the geo-restricted content tiles, changing the Netflix location is the only option.
For example, content titles like Batman: The Killing Joke, Criminal Minds, Dexter, The Twilight Zone are available on US Netflix only. For example, if you are using Netflix in Canada, you will not be able to access any of these movies or TV shows. To watch these shows you will have to bypass the geo-restrictions and for that, you will have to change the Netflix location.
Why Do I Need a VPN to Change Netflix Region in Canada?
As mentioned before, you will have to swap your region to Canada to bypass the Netflix geo-restrictions and for that the best VPN options to stream Netflix in Canada is necessary. When you connect to a VPN server, assigns you a new DNS and IP and encrypts your traffic. Thus, not only does it spoof your location but it also protects your privacy.
Once your location is spoofed and you are done changing the Netflix country, you will have access to the Netflix content of the region you are connected to through the VPN connection. Netflix checks your DNS and IP and then provides you access to the library corresponding with it.
For example, if you are accessing Netflix in Canada, then it will show you the Canadian library because it identifies your region through your IP and DNS. However, if you use a Virtual Private Network and connect to a USA server, then you will be able to access American Netflix in Canada. A VPN can help you to get different Netflix libraries in your region without any interruption. It will allow you to stream Netflix on your Smart TV or any other device.
Best VPNs to Change Your Netflix Region in 2022
After testing more than 15 VPN providers, I have shortlisted the following 3 Best VPNs that you can use to change the Netflix region or country in Canada and access Netflix content.
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Change your Netflix Region
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for changing your Netflix region and getting Netflix libraries. It has a massive network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries. It is the #1 choice in terms of speed and security but is slightly more expensive than its competitors.
You can also take advantage of their exclusive 12 months + 3 months free deal in which you will get their service for free for 3 months straight when subscribing to their exclusive package. Also, we tested ExpressVPN for potential leaks and found that it has no DNS leaks. It is necessary to use a good quality VPN because Netflix detect the use of a VPN.
Here are some of the key features of ExpressVPN for watching Netflix:
- 3000+ servers across 94 countries.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- Kill switch feature.
- Split tunnelling and P2P enabled.
- 5 Simultaneous Connections allowed.
- Strict No-logs policy.
- Browser Extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- Compatible with Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, FireOS, Linux, etc.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Change your Netflix Region
Surfshark is an affordable VPN to change the Netflix location access Netflix in Canada and hence is at the second spot on our list. Its servers are protected with AES-256 military-grade encryption, and it guarantees no IP and DNS leaks.
Surfshark works well with Netflix as it allows unlimited multi-logins so that you can share your account with your friends and family. It charges CAD 2.75 /mo on its 2-year package.
Following are some of the key features of Surfshark:
- 3200+ servers in 63 countries.
- Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protection.
- Private DNS on every server.
- Strict no-logs policy.
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited multi-logins.
- Ad-blocker feature.
- Multi-hop and kill switch feature.
- Supports all major OS like Windows, Android, FireOS, iOS, Linux, macOS, etc.
Surfshark provides 24/7 live chat support that you can access on their official website. You can also view their Netflix guide on their website. This VPN can unblock many streaming services like BBC iPlayer, and many others.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network to Change your Netflix Region
NordVPN is a favorable option for changing Netflix location in Canada as it offers 5400 servers from 59 countries for streaming Netflix.
With NordVPN, you can enjoy watching HD movies and TV Shows on Netflix without any buffering or lagging. Moreover, you can also watch other streaming sites such as Amazon prime video.
NordVPN is a reliable VPN provider to unblock Netflix because it does not leak IP or DNS and bypasses the Netflix firewall easily. It charges CAD 4.64/mo for its 2-year package and provides high-end features.
Below are the key features of NordVPN:
- Automatic Kill Switch.
- DNS leak protection.
- No-logs policy.
- Military-grade encryption.
- Supports six simultaneous connections.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- A browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- P2P Sharing.
- 30 day money back guarantee
You can have all your queries answered on NordVPN’s 24/7 live chat support. Go through their Netflix guide to know more about their services.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Change the Region on Netflix in Canada?
No, you cannot use a free VPN provider to change the region because free VPN providers are not reliable. Their security protocols are weak, and they can leak your IP and DNS very easily. Free VPN services are infamous for selling your data to third parties.
Moreover, free VPNs service is not up to par so they can’t easily bypass the Netflix geo-restrictions. To watch Netflix Canada I recommend using a reliable VPN.
How to Change Netflix Region to get Netflix libraries on iPhone
You can access any Netflix shows and movies on your iPhone by changing your Netflix billing country in Canada with the help of a VPN. Follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Visit the App Store and download the VPN application on your phone.
- Install and log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a server of your desired region.
- Open the Netflix application, and enjoy accessing your selected server’s library.
How to Change Netflix Country on Android
You can easily change region on Netflix in Canada on an Android phone by following the steps below:
- Subscribe to a trusted and reliable VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
- Visit the Google Play Store and download its application.
- Install and log in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Connect to a server of your desired Netflix library’s region.
- Launch your Netflix application and enjoy accessing the selected region’s Netflix catalogue.
How to Change Netflix Country on PS4
You can not Install a VPN app directly on PS4 but you can change the Netflix location in Canada on PS4 by using MediaStreamer. Follow these simple steps to change the Netflix country on PS4 without any hassle:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Open the ExpressVPN website and sign in to your account.
- Now, open the ExpressVPN DNS settings page.
- Head to IP address registration and click on Register my IP address.
- Turn On Automatically register my IP address option.
- Now, go to the ExpressVPN setup page and look for your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address.
- Now Boot your PS4 and open its Settings.
- Go to the Network section and click on Set Up Internet Connection.
- Now, choose Use Wi-Fi or Use a LAN cable under How do you want to connect to the network option.
- If the system asks you to use existing wifi settings, click Yes.
- Under How do you want to set up the Internet connection?, choose Custom.
- Select your wifi connection and enter your password.
- Choose the following settings: IP Address Settings – Automatic; DHCP Host Name – Do Not Specify; DNS Settings – Manual. Then select Primary DNS.
- Enter your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address (found in step 4) and click Done then Next.
- Finally, select the following settings: MTU Settings – Automatic; Proxy Server – Do Not Use; Internet settings updated – Test the Connection.
Now restart your PS4 and then your Netflix location will be changed.
How to Change Netflix Region on Roku
Roku is another system that does not support native VPN apps, but there are a few options for changing the Netflix location on Roku if you’re willing to put in some effort:
- Set up a VPN router and connect your Roku to it.
- Create a VPN -protected wifi hotspot on your laptop computer, and connect your Roku to it.
- Screencast to the Roku using a VPN-protected Android smartphone or tablet.
How to Change Netflix Region without a VPN in Canada?
Here’s how to change Netflix country without a VPN:
- Smart DNS: It is a type of DNS service that works similarly to proxies, with the exception that your IP address remains the same. A proxy server, unlike a VPN, requires manual configuration, which means you’ll have to add DNS server addresses yourself.
- Proxy website: They’re typically free, but they’re not as safe as a VPNs.
If you are wondering how do I change my region on Netflix for free, then a proxy website is your answer (but they are not safe).
Best Movies and Shows on US Netflix:
Here are the best movies and shows available on US Netflix
- 365 Days
- Anatomy of a Scandal
- The Adam Project
- Peaky Bliders
- The Shawshank Redemption
- It Follows
- Lady Bird
- I Think You Should Leave (S1-2)
- Cobra Kai (S1-4)
- Ozark (S1-4)
- Attack on Titan (S1)
- Seinfeld (S1-9)
- Squid Game (S1)
- The Queen’s Gambit (S1)
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople
- Uncut Gems
- I Care a Lot
- BoJack Horseman (S1-6)
- Chef’s Table (S1-6)
- Arrested Development (S1-5)
- Master of None (S1-3)
- Orange Is the New Black (S1-7)
- House of Cards (S1-6)
- The Battered Bastards of Baseball
- Nocturnal Animals
- Better Call Saul (S1-5)
- Stranger Things (S1-3)
- Breaking Bad (S1-5)
How Do I Solve the Netflix Proxy Error?
If Netflix detects that you are using a proxy service or a VPN, it will give you a Netflix Proxy Error, and you will see the following message:
However, you can easily fix this proxy error by following our steps below:
- Subscribe to a VPN server that can easily unblock Netflix. (Our recommendation is ExpressVPN due to its high-speed servers and great functionality).
- Download the application or browser extension and log in to it.
- The next step is to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Try accessing Netflix again, if it still doesn’t work then try switching your server.
Countries with Largest Netflix library
According to new data, Ireland held the world’s largest Netflix media library, with 6,379 films available as of January 2021. Malaysia came in second place with 6,361 titles, followed by Indonesia and the Philippines.
|Country||Number of titles in the Netflix library|
Is it legal to change Netflix region in Canada?
Why does Netflix change in different countries?
Which country has the best Netflix in 2022?
The USA has the best Netflix in 2022 because it contains the maximum number of content titles, i.e., 5900+ making its library quite diverse.
Can you use Netflix in two different countries at the same time?
How does Netflix know my location?
How do I change my Netflix payment region?
After reading the whole blog, you must now be acquainted with the easy steps to change your Netflix region in Canada. You should always use a reliable and trusted VPN service like ExpressVPN to change your Netflix country as it will mask your identity and give you optimal security. Changing the Netflix location will unlock the library of that selected region so that you can enjoy streaming your favourite TV Shows and movies on that region’s library.