Are you looking for ways to get Disney Plus on your Android device? You would be pleased to know that Disney+ has an application for its Android users; however, it is only available in a few countries.
If Disney+ is not available in your country, then you can access it with the help of a VPN. We have listed down the 5 easy steps to unblock Disney Plus in your country, and we have also listed down the Best VPNs to unblock Disney+ on an Android device. Keep reading this blog to know more about Disney+ and how to get it on your device.
Best VPNs to unblock Disney+ on Android
We have shortlisted the top 3 VPNs for accessing Disney Plus on Android devices as you need to buy a trusted VPN service subscription plan and browse the internet securely.
1) ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch Disney Plus on Android
ExpressVPN is the best and most reliable VPN for streaming Disney Plus on an Android Device. You can get 12 months of unlimited access plus an extra three months (free) and have their services at $6.67/mo only for 15 months, with their limited-time special offer.
ExpressVPN has high-speed servers for streaming, is protected with AES 256-bit encryption, and providing unlimited bandwidth. People looking for a VPN to watch Disney+ will surely be pleased with its performance. It allows five simultaneous logins so that you can share your account with your family and friends.
2) Surfshark – Affordable VPN to get Disney Plus on Android
Surfshark is an affordable choice for streaming Disney+ on Android devices. It offers 3200+ servers from 65 countries. Surfshark applies WireGuard tunneling protocol in the VPN industry and protects your data through it. Also, it provides unlimited multi-logins, and thus you can share your account with whomever you want.
You can buy Surfshark at just $2.49/mo for its 2-year package. It secures users’ data from hackers by various protocols, including OpenVPN, IPsec, IKEv2, and Shadowshocks. Surfshark can be used to get Disney+ in South Africa from anywhere.
3) NordVPN – Popular VPN to watch Disney+ on Android
NordVPN is quite a popular option for accessing Disney Plus on Android devices. It offers 5400 servers in 59 countries. You will get optimal protection with features like automatic kill switch and military-grade encryption. With their no-log policy so you can surf the internet without worrying about your privacy leakage.
NordVPN charges $4.89/mo for its 2-year package and offers 24/7 support on its live chat. It allows you to use your account simultaneously on six devices. It also guarantees no IP or DNS leaks.
Why you need a VPN for Disney Plus on Android in geo-restricted regions?
You will need a VPN to access Disney Plus if it is not available in your region to bypass the geo-restrictions. Disney+ is a geo-restricted service just like Hulu (Best Hulu VPNs), Netflix (Best VPNs for Netflix), and many others that are only accessible in a few regions. If Disney Plus is not available in your country and you try accessing it without a VPN, you will get the following error message:
VPN masks your IP address and makes the service think that you are accessing from a region that is not geo-restricted. This changes the virtual location of your device and you can access any of the services and website that you wish.
With a VPN, you can access Disney+ in Malaysia, and even watch Disney Plus in the Philippines. All these regions do not have Disney Plus service but a VPN can bypass the restrictions easily and let you access them easily.
How to sign up for Disney Plus on an Android Device
You can easily sign up for Disney Plus on an Android device by following the easy steps below:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its application.
- Log in to the VPN client with your credentials.
- Connect to a US, UK, Canada, or any other region’s server where Disney+ is available.
- Purchase a Google Play US Gift Card from Amazon.
- Note the gift card code.
- Go to “Settings” on your device.
- Click on “Google.”
- Click on “Add another account.”
- Add a new email address.
- Open Google Play Store and log in with the new email address.
- Redeem the Gift Card by entering its code.
- Enter a US phone number and Zip code (you can easily find both on Google).
- Download the Disney Plus application from the Playstore.
- Install the application and create a new Disney+ account.
- Disney Plus will accept your gift card balance as payment.
- You can now enjoy watching your favorite TV shows and movies on the Disney Plus application on your Android device!
Which Android Mobile Devices are supported on Disney Plus?
Most of the Android mobile devices are supported on Disney Plus, isn’t it pleasing? According to the Disney Plus help center, if your Android mobile phone is running on an OS 5.0, i.e., Android Lollipop, or any later versions, your smartphone will easily support Disney+. You can also access Disney+ on other devices and platforms like Xbox One (Watch Disney+ on Xbox One), Roku (Get Disney Plus on Roku), Samsung Smart TV (Get Disney+ on Samsung TV), and Windows 10.
You can stream all your favorite movies and TV shows on Disney+ seamlessly on your Android smartphone if it is any of the following versions:
- Lollipop 5.0 – 5.1.1
- Marshmallow 6.0 – 6.0.1
- Nougat 7.0
- Nougat 7.1.0 – 7.1.2
- Oreo 8.0
- Oreo 8.1
- Pie 9.0
- Android 10 10.0
- Android 11
Also, make sure that you are using a stable and fast internet connection on your smartphone. You will need fast internet to enjoy buffer-free streaming.
How to watch Disney Plus on Android TV
Follow the easy steps below to watch Disney+on an Android TV:
- Subscribe to a VPN and connect to a US server.
- Sign up for Disney+ and create a new account.
- Open the “Google Play Store” on your Android TV.
- Download the “Disney Plus” application on your Android TV using the “install” button.
- Locate “Disney Plus” on your Android TV’s home screen.
- Open the application and sign in using your credentials.
- If you see a prompt asking for an 8 digit code, then head to the Disney Plus website.
- Get the code from the Disney+ website and enter it to access the app on your Android TV.
- Enjoy watching Disney+ TV shows and movies on your Android TV.
Disney Plus Subscription Cost on Android Devices
You can purchase the monthly Disney Plus subscription for your Android device at $6.99 per month, or you can opt for the yearly package at $69.99 per year (Save $13.89 on the annual payment plan). There is also a Disney Plus special bundle that gives you Disney Plus, with Hulu and ESPN+ for a total of $12.99/month.
Although you can download the Disney+ application for free on your Android device, you need to pay for the subscription charges to access the streaming platform.
Is your Disney Plus causing problems with a VPN? Read our blog to know the quick fixes if your Disney Plus is not working with a VPN.
What to watch on Disney Plus
The Disney Plus application on your Android device allows you to watch more than 500 movies and 7500+ TV shows episodes. We have compiled a list of the best TV shows and movies on Disney+ in our next section.
Best Disney+ TV Shows
The following list of popular TV shows is available on the Disney+ application for all Android users:
- Agent Carter
- America’s Funniest Home Videos
- Darkwing Duck
- Diary of a Future President
- Marvel’s 616
- Marvel’s Runaways
- Raven’s Home
- So Weird
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- The Imagineering Story
- The Mandalorian
- The Proud Family
Best Disney+ Movies
You can watch the following list of popular movies on Disney+ on your Android device:
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
- Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Frozen (2013)
- Hamilton (2020)
- Inside Out (2015)
- Iron Man (2008)
- Sleeping Beauty (1959)
- Soul (2020)
- Star Wars – original trilogy (1977 – 1983)
- The Incredibles (2004)
- The Lion King (1994)
- The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy (2003 – 2007)
- The Toy Story trilogy (1995 – 2010)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Is Disney Plus available for Android?
How do I download Disney Plus on my Android?
How can I watch Disney+ on my Android?
Is Disney Plus free on Android?
What version of Android is needed for Disney Plus?
How to install Disney Plus on older Android versions?
How do I cast Disney Plus to a TV using Android Phone?
1) Open the Disney Plus application on your phone.
2) Play the content title that you want to watch.
3) Select the “Chromecast” icon on the top of the screen.
4) Proceed with selecting your streaming device.
5) Enjoy streaming Disney+ on your TV.
Can I install Disney Plus on Android Box?
You now know how to watch Disney Plus on an Android device and stream all of the shows and movies available on the streaming platform. Not just that, you can access any country’s library on Disney Plus with the help of a VPN like ExpressVPN. No matter if it is Australia (Watch Disney+ Australia Abroad), Germany (Access Disney+ Germany Abroad), or New Zealand (Get Disney+ NZ Abroad), or any other country where Disney Plus has already been released, you can access them using a VPN for Disney Plus and enjoy streaming their content.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?