Are you looking for ways to get Disney Plus on your Apple TV? If yes, then you are at the right place as we have covered the 5 steps to get Disney Plus on Apple TV in our guide. Even if Disney Plus is not available in your country, you can still access it with the help of a premium VPN.
Do you want to know if your Apple TV supports Disney Plus or not? We have dedicated a section of our guide to the Apple TV Compatibility with Disney Plus; so that you can see if your device is on the list or not? We have also covered a section on accessing Disney+ on old Apple TVs.
How to get Disney+ on Apple TV in geo-restricted countries
If Disney+ is not available in your country due to geo-restrictions, you can still stream it on your Apple TV with the help of a VPN. The best way to use a VPN on Apple TV is with the help of a MediaStreamer. Follow the steps below to stream Disney+ on your Apple TV in geo-restricted countries:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its client on your PC.
- Sign in to ExpressVPN’s DNS Settings page.
- Click Register my IP address under the IP address registration option.
- Enable “Automatically register my IP address.”
7. Once your hostname gets registered on ExpressVPN, you can then easily set up Mediastreamer on your Apple TV.
Apple TV DNS Configuration
When you have gotten your MediaStreamer DNS IP address via ExpressVPN, you can continue with configuring the DNS on your Apple TV by following the below steps:
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Select Network, and select WiFi.
- Select your connected WiFi to see its settings.
- Look for the Configure DNS option.
- Select Manual, and enter the previously noted MediaStreamer DNS IP Address.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Once your Apple TV turns on, go to the App Store.
- Search for Disney Plus.
- Get the app and log in with your credentials.
- Enjoy streaming Disney Plus on your Apple TV via VPN.
Which Apple TVs are supported on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus is supported on the following Apple TVs:
1. Apple TV 4K
- Model number: A1842
2. Apple TV HD
- Model number: A1625
Disney Plus is not supported on the following Apple TVs:
1. Apple TV (3rd generation)
- Model number: A1427 or A1469
2. Apple TV (2nd generation)
- Model number: A1378
3. Apple TV (1st generation)
- Model number: A1218
How to watch Disney+ on older Apple TV models
If you own a 3rd generation or older Apple TV, then you won’t be able to download the Disney Plus application on your TV as the older Apple TVs do not have an app store.
However, you can take the help of AirPlay and stream your favorite Disney Plus shows and movies on your older Apple TV. You need to install the AirPlay application on your iPhone and follow the steps below:
- Ensure that your Apple TV and iPhone are connected on the same network.
- Launch the Disney Plus app on your iPhone.
- Select any of the movies, or TV shows that you want to watch.
- Tap the AirPlay option on the top-right side of your screen.
- Select your Apple TV and enjoy streaming.
Are you getting problems with your Disney Plus? Read our blog dedicated to the reasons why Disney Plus is not working.
How much is Disney Plus on Apple TV?
You can buy the monthly Disney Plus subscription for your Apple TV at $6.99 per month, or you can opt for the yearly package at $69.99 per year (Save $13.89 on the annual payment plan). There is also a Disney Plus special bundle that gives you Disney Plus, with Hulu and ESPN+ for a total of $12.99/month.
Although you can download the Disney+ application for free on your Apple TV, you need to pay for the Disney Plus subscription charges to access the streaming platform. You can get Disney Plus in South Africa, access Disney+ in the Philippines, or download Disney Plus in Malaysia, and enjoy watching Disney+ on your Apple TV.
What to watch on Disney+ with Apple TV?
Disney+ gives you access to 500+ movies and 7500+ TV episodes on Apple TV. You can enjoy watching your favorite shows and movies on the application on Apple TV.
Best Disney+ Movies
You can watch the following popular and high-rated movies on Disney+ on your Apple TV:
- America’s Funniest Home Videos
- Beauty and the Beast
- Black Panther
- Darkwing Duck
- Finding Dory
- Finding Nemo
- Gravity Falls
- Star Wars Rebels
- The Incredibles
- Toy Story
Best Disney+ TV Shows
We have shortlisted the best Disney+ shows that you can watch on your Apple TV as follows:
- Big City Greens
- Disney Parks Sunrise Series
- Legend of the Three Caballeros
- Mickey Mouse
- Pick of the Litter
- Sleeping Beauty
- Spider-Man: The Animated Series
- Star Wars – the original trilogy
- The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes
- The Imagineering Story
- The Incredibles
- The Simpsons
- X-Men: The Animated Series
What other devices does Disney+ support?
You can watch Disney+ on the following devices and platforms in addition to Apple TV:
- Amazon Fire Tablet and FireTV
- Android phone and tablet (Stream Disney Plus on Android devices)
- Android TV Devices
- Apple AirPlay
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Apple TV (4th Generation and later)
- Chromecast (Stream Disney+ via Chromecast)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Roku (Watch Disney+ on Roku)
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (Stream Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV)
- Sony PlayStation 4 (Watch Disney+ on PS4)
- Xbox One (Access Disney Plus on Xbox One)
Is Disney Plus available on Apple TV?
Why is Disney Plus not on my Apple TV?
How do I add Disney Plus to my old Apple TV?
We have shared the easy steps in this guide to help you access Disney Plus on your Apple TV. If Disney Plus is not available in your country, you can still access it with the help of a VPN. Even if you own an old Apple TV, you can still stream Disney Plus on your old Apple TV following the simple steps that we have shared in our guide.