Are you wondering how to watch Hulu on FireStick? Well, you have come to the right place. In this guide, I have elaborated the complete procedure of how you can install Hulu on FireStick and watch Live TV, movies, and TV shows, wherever and whenever you want.
How to Get Hulu APK File on FireStick
Follow these steps to get the Hulu APK file on FireStick:
- Go to FireTVStick Home and click on Search.
- Search for ‘Downloader’ and select the first search result.
- Download the app and open it.
- Now copy and paste this URL in the search box: https://m.apkpure.com/hulu-stream-new-tv-shows-movies-series/com.hulu.plus/download?from=details
- Download the APK file and install it.
- Return to Home when the app is installed
- Now go to the Apps section and select the Hulu FireStick app.
- Log in to the app if you have signed up for it already.
How to Watch Hulu from Outside the US
Just like you cannot watch Disney Plus in Malaysia, Disney Plus in HongKong without a Disney Plus VPN, you cannot access Hulu outside the USA without a Hulu VPN. Hulu is an American online streaming service that cannot be accessed outside the USA due to content licensing and distribution policies.
We can count Netflix among these services as well because the streaming giant also has restrictions on its library. You cannot access a geo-blocked service anywhere else than its host region without a VPN.
A VPN will help you spoof your virtual location and it will enable you to bypass any restriction without being identified.
Follow these easy steps to watch Hulu outside the US with the help of a VPN:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
- Get connected to US server from to location list.
- Visit the Hulu website and start streaming.
Hulu on Amazon FireStick Pricing
The pricing plans for Hulu will remain the same whether you are using it on a browser or on an Amazon FireStick.
1. Hulu Basic – $5.99/mo
Hulu Basic offers almost all the things that are available in the other two packages, except for a few things. First of all, it costs only $5.99 per month, which is a quite reasonable price. Secondly, with Hulu basic package, you will be getting some ads while streaming, which is a downside of this package.
Moreover, the basic Hulu package does not allow you to download and watch any TV show or movie, unlike Hulu (No Ads) package. You will be able to share your screen with another person simultaneously but you will not be having Live TV access.
2. Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99/mo
Hulu (No Ads_ package is better than the basic package and it costs $11.99 per month. If you get this package, you will be away from any ads interfering with your streaming. Moreover, you can also download and watch any movie or TV show that you like, that’s why it costs a little higher than the basic package. Nevertheless, you will still not get access to Live TV in this package.
3. Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/mo
In this package, you get Live TV and the feature to record Live TV with 50 hours of DVR cloud storage. This package costs $64.99 per month and has all the features that are not present in the rest of the two Hulu plans.
However, this package does not have a downloading option and if you subscribe to this package then you will be getting ads.
4. Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV – $70.99/mo
This package is almost like Hulu + Live TV plan, offering 65+ live and on-demand channels and 50 hours of DVR cloud storage. However, with this package, you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming because of its “no ads” feature and you can also download movies and TV shows for offline viewing.
Do Older FireStick Models Support Hulu?
No, you cannot use Hulu on older models of FireStick because they do not support the service. I have listed the Fire TV devices that you can and cannot use for watching Hulu TV:
Compatible Fire TV Devices
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Amazon Fire TV Recast
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Not Compatible Fire TV Devices
- Kindle Fire HDX and HDX WAN (2013)
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2013)
- Fire (2015)
- Fire 7 (2017)
- Fire HD 6 (2014)
- Fire HD 7 (2014)
- Fire HD 8 (2015, 2016)
- Fire HD 8 (2017)
- Fire HD 10 (2015 and 2017)
- Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2014)
Why is Hulu not working on FireStick?
The Hulu app works amazingly well on FireStick and does not cause the system to hang or slow down at all. However, you may still face some issues on Hulu on firestick, which are mentioned below along with their fixes:
Hulu Loading Error on FireStick
If you are having issues with Hulu like it’s not loading or taking too much time to play a content title then follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click on Applications > Select Hulu.
- Select both Clear Cache and Clear Data options and wait.
- Restart the FireStick and open Hulu app again.
Try playing any content title again and the issue should not persist. If the issue is still not resolved then you will have to re-install the application.
Amazon FireStick Hulu Stuttering/ Buffering issue
You might encounter buffering or stuttering issues at some point in time but they are very rare. To fix this issue, follow these steps,so you will easily get Hulu on Amazon FireStick:
- Switch-Off your Amazon FireStick device and Turn it on after one minute.
- Now Uninstall the Hulu app
- Once the app is uninstalled, turn off the device again for a minute.
- Now restart the FireStick device and Install Hulu again.
Hopefully, you will not encounter this issue again!
Why there’s an Installation Failure on FireStick
Though there could be a number of causes, we believe the issue is caused by network connectivity issues, a lack of storage space, or incorrect payment and shipping information on your Amazon account.
How To Fix Hulu’s Connection Error on FireStick
Follow these tricks in order to fix Hulu’s connection error on FireStick:
- Restart the Hulu app. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu, then choose Restart.
- Restart the Fire Stick.
- Reset using the Fire TV remote.
- Clear the cache and data on the Fire Stick. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hulu on Amazon Fire Stick?
How to Sign Up for Hulu for FireStick and Other Devices
- On the FireStick’s home screen, select the Find option in the middle bar.
- Now, go to Search and look for Hulu.
- Hulu will be displayed.
- Click the Hulu tile in the Apps & Games section on the following screen.
- Scroll down to the Apps & Games section if you don’t see it.
- If this is your first time downloading Hulu, click GET on the next screen.
- The Hulu FireStick app is now downloading and installing.
- Connect to US server.
- When the download is complete, click Open to begin using the app.
How to download Hulu + Live TV content on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network or turn on cellular downloads.
- From the global navigation bar, select Search.
- From the menu, select Downloadable.
- To browse, swipe through the various collections.
- Choose the movie or show you want to download on Fire TV Stick.
Why can't I watch Hulu on my Firestick?
This guide is your ultimate solution for how to install Hulu on FireStick, how to remove any errors and enjoy seamless streaming. However, if you are accessing the platform from outside the US, don’t forget to use ExpressVPN to easily bypass the geo-restriction of this platform. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and let me know.