Are you looking for a way to watch Hulu Live TV on Firestick? Well, you have come to the right place. In this guide, I have elaborated the complete procedure of how you can install Hulu on FireStick and watch Live TV, movies, and TV shows, wherever and whenever you want.
How to Install Hulu on FireStick
There are two ways you can Install Hulu on FireStick. I have elaborated both of them for you, choose whichever suits you best:
Method 1: How to Get Hulu on FireStick with Amazon Store
- Go to FireStick Home
- Click on the Search tab from the top menu
- Type Hulu and search results will show you some apps along with the Hulu app
- Press Download and it will start downloading
- After it is downloaded, click on the Open button.
- Once you open the app it will give you a geo-restriction error if you are located outside US
- Subscribe to NordVPN if you haven’t already and connect to the US server
- Once connected, open the Hulu app again and now you will see two options ‘Login and Free Trial‘
- Choose your option and start streaming!
Method 2: How to Get Hulu FireStick APK
- Go to FireTVStick Home and click on Search.
- Search for ‘Downloader’ and select the first search result.
- Download the app and open it.
- Now copy and paste this URL in the search box: https://m.apkpure.com/hulu-stream-new-tv-shows-movies-series/com.hulu.plus/download?from=details
- Download the APK file and install it.
- Return to Home when the app is installed
- Now go to the Apps section and select the Hulu FireStick app.
- Log in to the app if you have signed up for it already.
How to Use Hulu from Outside the US
Just like you cannot watch Disney Plus in Malaysia without a Disney Plus VPN, you cannot access Hulu outside the USA without a Hulu VPN. Hulu is an American online streaming service that cannot be accessed outside the USA due to content licensing and distribution policies.
We can count Netflix among these services as well because the streaming giant also has restrictions on its library. You cannot access a geo-blocked service anywhere else than its host region without a VPN.
A VPN will help you spoof your virtual location and it will enable you to bypass any restriction without being identified. One thing you should know is that not every VPN is reliable for streaming and bypassing geo-restrictions. Some VPNs may leak IP and DNS, putting you into trouble. Therefore I have hand-picked three of the best VPNs that you can use on Amazon FireStick.
Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Amazon FireStick
Following are the three best VPNs you can use on Amazon FireStick to watch Hulu from anywhere:
ExpressVPN – Top Recommended VPN to Watch Hulu on FireStick
ExpressVPN is the most recommended VPN for watching Hulu on FireStick because of its impeccable service and security. It can unblock any streaming platform or website instantly and it provides unlimited bandwidth for seamless streaming. ExpressVPN has more than 3000 servers in 94 countries and all of its servers are protected with AES 256-bit encryption.
You can avail its 12-months package for $6.67/mo and get 3 months extra. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. It is known to be an industry-leading provider because its security features are top-notch and it has a strict no-logs policy. ExpressVPN allows 5 multi-logins so that you can share your account with others as well.
NordVPN – User-Friendly VPN for Watching Hulu on Amazon Fire TV Stick
NordVPN is easy to use on Amazon FireStick and watch Hulu. It has a very user-friendly interface and it can be easily downloaded from the Amazon app store. NordVPN is among the most popular VPNs worldwide because of its huge server network and high-end service.
It has more than 5400+ servers in 59 countries, out of which more than 1970 of its servers are in 15 different locations in the USA. It charges $3.71/mo for its 2-year plan. With NordVPN, you can use one account on 6 different devices simultaneously.
Surfshark – Pocket-Friendly VPN for Unblocking Hulu on Amazon FireStick
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN provider that binge-watchers can easily afford to watch Hulu on Fire TV stick. It is offering a 2-year package for $2.49/mo only. It has more than 3200 servers across 65 countries and more than 500 of its servers are in the USA only. Having this many servers in the USA will allow you to stream Hulu without any lags as you have a good variety of servers to choose from.
Surfshark allows unlimited multi-logins, which is something that no other provider offers. This enables you to share your Surfshark account with as many people as you wish.
Hulu on Amazon FireStick Pricing
The pricing plans for Hulu will remain the same whether you are using it on a browser or on an Amazon FireStick.
1. Hulu Basic – $5.99/mo
Hulu Basic offers almost all the things that are available in the other two packages, except for a few things. First of all, it costs only $5.99 per month, which is a quite reasonable price. Secondly, with Hulu basic package, you will be getting some ads while streaming, which is a downside of this package.
Moreover, the basic Hulu package does not allow you to download and watch any Tv show or movie, unlike Hulu (No Ads) package. You will be able to share your screen with another person simultaneously but you will not be having Live TV access.
2. Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99/mo
Hulu (No Ads_ package is better than the basic package and it costs $11.99 per month. If you get this package, you will be away from any ads interfering with your streaming. Moreover, you can also download and watch any movie or TV show that you like, that’s why it costs a little higher than the basic package. Nevertheless, you will still not get access to Live TV in this package.
3. Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/mo
In this package, you get Live TV and feature to record Live TV with 50 hours of DVR cloud storage. This package costs $64.99 per month and has all the features that are not present in the rest of the two Hulu plans.
However, this package does not have a downloading option and if you subscribe to this package then you will be getting ads.
4. Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV – $70.99/mo
This package is almost like Hulu + Live TV plan, offering 65+ live and on-demand channels and 50 hours of DVR cloud storage. However, with this package, you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming because of its ‘no ads‘ feature and you can also download movies and TV shows for offline viewing.
Do Older Amazon FireStick Models Support Hulu + Live TV?
No, you cannot use Hulu + Live TV on older models of Amazon FireStick because they do not support the service. I have listed the Fire TV devices that you can and cannot use for watching Hulu + Live TV:
Compatible Fire TV Devices
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Amazon Fire TV Recast
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Not Compatible Fire TV Devices
- Kindle Fire HDX and HDX WAN (2013)
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2013)
- Fire (2015)
- Fire 7 (2017)
- Fire HD 6 (2014)
- Fire HD 7 (2014)
- Fire HD 8 (2015, 2016, and 2017)
- Fire HD 8 (2017)
- Fire HD 10 (2015 and 2017)
- Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2014)
Hulu Errors on Amazon FireStick
Hulu app works amazingly well on Amazon FireStick and does not cause the system to hang or slow down at all. However, you may still face some issues, which are mentioned below along with their fixes:
Hulu Loading Error on Firestick
If you are having issues with Hulu like it’s not loading or taking too much time to play a content title then follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click on Applications > Selec Hulu.
- Select both Clear Cache and Clear Data option and wait.
- Restart the FireStick and open Hulu app again.
Try playing any content title again and the issue should not persist. If the issue is still not resolved then you will have to re-install the application.
Amazon FireStick Hulu Stuttering/ Buffering issue
You might encounter buffering or stuttering issues at some point in time but they are very rare. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Switch-Off your Amazon FireStick device and Turn it on after one minute.
- Now Uninstall the Hulu app
- Once the app is uninstalled, turn-off the device again for a minute.
- Now restart the FireStick device and Install Hulu again.
- Hulu + Live TV supported devices
Hopefully, you will not encounter this issue again!