Lucifer and Ella have been a superb duo when it comes to solving crime and working together. They like to keep things professional rather than getting personal.
From the very beginning of the show, Lucifer and Detective Chloe Decker have been together working and lurking. However, many times their love affair becomes a barrier in their professional work and messes something up. If we were to talk about true friends, ones that you can rely on on with your life, then Ella has Chloe Decker and they both have Lucifer.
The character of Ella Lopez was introduced in the Lucifer series at the beginning of season 2. Ella joined LAPD as a forensic scientist after being transferred from Detroit and started working with Lucifer, Dan, and Chloe Decker.
Having a lively and cheerful personality attracted Lucifer at first and he started to enjoy her company. However, Ella was always a person of higher cognition and a lady of faith even before meeting the devil himself. Ella likes to hug everyone she likes but when it comes to Lucifer, she seems to be quite clingy. This is something that even the devil tries to escape at times.
People are also obsessed with the pair of Ella and Lucifer. Here is a tweet of a fan sharing his opinion over this pair:
I love that already in 2×14 they’re implying that Ella and Lucifer talk and have a friendship outside of work. “Guess he hasn’t called you either.” Ella is still a fairly new character & the writers developed that friendship so quickly & organically.
— CH (wooleyduck) (@wooleyduck) October 12, 2020
Here are the 5 reasons why I believe, Ella and Lucifer are a better duo than Chloe and Lucifer:
- People are used to seeing Chloe Decker and Lucifer together as a team and they might be fed up.
- Lucifer and Chloe have messed up cases sometimes but he’s worked great with Ella.
- They both are smart and they do not indulge in anything personal.
- Their pair was successful in catching a serial killer once (Which was Ella’s boyfriend)
- Ella hangs out with Lucifer quite often and they are seen working together a lot.