You can change your Netflix Region and access any country’s library using a VPN. Follow our guide to learn the easy steps to change the Netflix region and access any Netflix library of your own choice.
Netflix has a specific content library for every region. Every library has numerous similar content titles, but some movies and TV shows are restricted to particular regions. These restrictions are in place because of content distribution regulations and licensing issues.
Changing a region might seem like a tough thing to do, but it is quite simple in reality. However, if not done smartly, Netflix can easily notice that you are doing something fishy and block your IP address. Follow the method explained in this guide to easily change your Netflix region and enjoy binge-watching your favorite shows.
Why would I want to change Netflix Region?
You would need to change the Netflix region as it has a separate library for every region. Many content titles are limited to specific regions. To access the geo-restricted content tiles, changing the Netflix region is the only option.
For example, content titles like Batman: The Killing Joke, Criminal Minds, Dexter, The Twilight Zone are available on US Netflix only. If you are in the UK, Canada, or Australia, you will not be able to access any of these movies or TV shows. To bypass this geo-restriction and enjoy streaming freedom, you will have to change the Netflix region.
Best VPNs to Change Your Netflix Region in 2021
After testing more than 15 VPN providers, I have shortlisted the following 4 Best VPNs that you can use to change the Netflix region in 2021.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for changing your Netflix region. It has a massive network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries. It is the #1 choice in terms of speed and security but is slightly more expensive than its competitors. You can also take advantage of their exclusive 12 months + 3 months free deal in which you will get their service for free for 3 months straight when subscribing to their exclusive package. Also, we tested ExpressVPN for potential leaks and found that it has no DNS leaks.
Here are some of the key features of ExpressVPN:
- 3000+ servers across 94 countries.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- Kill switch feature.
- Split tunneling and P2P enabled.
- 5 Simultaneous Connections allowed.
- Strict No-logs policy.
- Browser Extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- Compatible with Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, FireOS, Linux, etc.
Surfshark is an affordable VPN to change the Netflix region and hence is at the second spot on our list. Its servers are protected with AES-256 military-grade encryption, and it guarantees no IP and DNS leaks. Surfshark works well with Netflix as it allows unlimited multi-logins so that you can share your account with your friends and family. It charges $2.21/mo on its 2-year package.
Following are some of the key features of Surfshark:
- 3200+ servers in 63 countries.
- Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protection.
- Private DNS on every server.
- Strict no-logs policy.
- Unlimited multi-logins.
- Ad-blocker feature.
- Multi-hop and kill switch feature.
- Supports all major OS like Windows, Android, FireOS, iOS, Linux, macOS, etc.
Surfshark provides 24/7 live chat support that you can access on their official website. You can also view their Netflix guide on their website.
NordVPN is a favorable option for changing the Netflix region as it offers 5400 servers from 59 countries for streaming Netflix. With NordVPN, you can enjoy watching HD movies and TV Shows on Netflix without any buffering or lagging. NordVPN is a reliable VPN provider to unblock Netflix because it does not leak IP or DNS and bypasses the Netflix firewall easily. It charges $3.71/mo for its 2-year package and provides high-end features.
Below are the key features of NordVPN:
- Automatic Kill Switch.
- DNS leak protection.
- No-logs policy.
- Military-grade encryption.
- Supports six simultaneous connections.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- A browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- P2P Sharing.
You can have all your queries answered on NordVPN’s 24/7 live chat support. Go through their Netflix guide to know more about their services.
Can I use a free VPN to change the region on Netflix?
No, you cannot use a free VPN to change the region on Netflix because free VPN providers are not reliable. Their security protocols are weak, and they can leak your IP and DNS very easily. Free VPNs are infamous for selling your data to third parties. Moreover, their service is not up to par so they can’t easily bypass the Netflix geo-restrictions.
How to change Netflix region on iPhone
You can access any Netflix library on your iPhone by changing your Netflix region with the help of a VPN. Follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Visit the App Store and download the VPN application on your phone.
- Install and log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a server of your desired region.
- Open the Netflix application, and enjoy accessing your selected server’s library.
How to change Netflix country on Android
You can easily change your Netflix region on an Android phone by following the steps below:
- Subscribe to a trusted and reliable VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
- Visit the Google Play Store and download its application.
- Install and log in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Connect to a server of your desired Netflix library’s region.
- Launch your Netflix application and enjoy accessing the selected region’s Netflix library.
How do I change my Netflix country without a VPN?
You can also change your Netflix country without a VPN using a DNS proxy. However, this method is quite weak as compared to a paid VPN, as Netflix can easily block a DNS proxy. Follow the steps below to change your Netflix region with a DNS proxy.
- Get a working DNS server address from your provider.
- Go to the Network Settings on your device.
- Click on “Custom and Manual” and enter your DNS server addresses.
- To activate the DNS settings, restart your network connection.
- Open Netflix and access the Netflix library in your selected region.
How do I solve the Netflix proxy error?
If Netflix detects that you are using a proxy service or a VPN, it will give you a Netflix Proxy Error, and you will see the following message:
However, you can easily fix this proxy error by following our steps below:
- Subscribe to a VPN server that can easily unblock Netflix. (Our recommendation is ExpressVPN due to its high-speed servers and great functionality).
- Download the application or browser extension and log in to it.
- The next step is to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Try accessing Netflix again, if it still doesn’t work then try switching your server.
Is it legal to change Netflix region?
Yes, it is completely legal to change your Netflix region with a VPN as long as you don’t access any illegal content.
Why does Netflix change in different countries?
Which country has the best Netflix in 2021?
The USA has the best Netflix in 2021 because it contains the maximum number of content titles, i.e., 5900+ making its library quite diverse.
How do I change my Netflix from the UK to the US?
You can easily change your Netflix from the UK to the US by connecting to a VPN provider with a US server.
After reading the whole blog, you must now be acquainted with the easy steps to change your Netflix region from any part of the world. You should always use a reliable and trusted VPN service like ExpressVPN to change your Netflix country as it will mask your identity and give you optimal security. Changing the Netflix region will unlock the library of that selected region so that you can enjoy streaming your favorite TV Shows and movies on that region’s library.