Nowadays, it is very difficult to get Netflix on Kodi because the official addon is no longer available. Therefore, you can’t get Netflix on Kodi very easily. However, all hope is not lost as there are still ways you can get the Netflix addon on Kodi 19. The solution is to download a zip file from a third party.
To watch Best TV Shows and Movies on American Netflix from Anywhere, Netflix is a fantastic Platform. Therefore, it is understandable that you want to get Netflix on Kodi. The disadvantage of downloading Netflix through a third-party platform is that there are security risks. The best way to avoid these risks is to use a reliable VPN.
A good VPN can encrypt your data and keep it private. This way, you can do your work safely. We recommend that you use Best VPN for Kodi like ExpressVPN. It provides the greatest speed so you can get your work done smoothly.
So, without any further delay, let’s start with how to watch Netflix on Kodi;
Quick Guide: 3 Simple Steps for Installing Netflix on Kodi
Here is how you can get Netflix on Kodi in 3 very simple steps.
- You should install a reliable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, to give you access to a secure server. You have to get a subscription for this VPN.
- Next, you have to update Kodi to the latest version available. You can do this by checking for available updates and upgrading Kodi. You also have to download the Netflix plugin zip file.
- Finally, you just need to install the contents of the zip file. After you’ve done that, you just have to log in to Netflix with your credentials.
The best VPN to use for this purpose is ExpressVPN as it provides the fastest speed and is very secure. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so there is no risk of you being unhappy with your purchase.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Netflix on Kodi
To get Netflix on Kodi, You should install the addon from a third party. This is because Netflix has not officially developed an addon for Kodi. The way to install the addon file from a third-party platform is to allow downloads from unofficial sources.
Doing this can make your device vulnerable to various threats like hackers, viruses, monitoring, etc. Therefore, the best solution to this is to use a VPN.
Furthermore, another problem is that Netflix chooses what tv shows and movies to offer to you according to your location. Some of them aren’t available if you’re traveling.
Therefore, using a VPN is a great idea. A VPN can change your device’s location to a server of your choice. This way, you can continue to watch your favorite tv shows and movies even if you’re traveling abroad. For instance, you can get Japanese Netflix in US and acess American Netflix in France through a VPN.
A VPN is an excellent idea because it solves all these problems. It can hide your actual IP address, encrypt your data and change your device’s location. This way, you can ensure your privacy and get your work done.
We suggest that you use ExpressVPN since it provides the fastest service, so it is the best VPN for Netflix.
How to Setup Netflix on Kodi: Step-by-Step Instructions
If you want Netflix on Kodi, You should download and install a repository from a third party. The process may sound daunting, but it’s pretty easy. You just need to follow the instructions carefully, and you’ll be good to go. Here is what you have to do:
- You must get a reliable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, to provide you with a secure server.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Kodi. This is because the Netflix addon is compatible with Kodi 19 and later versions.
- Once you have the latest version of Kodi, You should go to the Kodi settings.
- In the settings, you have to choose the ‘system’ option.
- Next, you must choose the tab that says ‘addons’ and set it so you can download addons from unfamiliar sources.
- Now, go to the system menu and choose the file manager tab. You have to click twice on add source and then on none. These steps will enable you to add the URL for your media.
- Next, you must paste the URL of the repository you want to access on Kodi. It is a good idea to change the name of your media source to one you can easily remember and recognize. After you click OK, the name should appear in the file manager.
- You now have to go back to the ‘system’ menu and choose ‘add-ons.’ Now, you have to click ‘install from zip file.
- You should locate the name of the file you created and choose the zip file so you can install the repository.
- You should choose ‘install from repository.’ Next, choose the name of the new repository, and choose the ‘video addons’ option that will be displayed.
- Now, you just need to select ‘Netflix’ and install it. This is how you can quickly get Netflix on Kodi.
Best VPNs to Set up Netflix on Kodi in 2022
To get Netflix on Kodi, You should use a VPN that provides you with reliable security measures to stay safe from cyber-attacks and viruses. Therefore, you must invest in a very reliable VPN service. This is because you can’t download the Netflix addon from reliable sources and You should install it from a third party. Check our guide if your VPN not working with Kodi.
Here is what we recommend if you want a reliable VPN.
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Set Up Netflix on Kodi
ExpressVPN is the most recommended VPN to install Netflix on Kodi According to our test, it has a speed of 92.26 Mbps in various places. Moreover, with this VPN you can easily change the Netflix region.
During the speed test, ExpressVPN offered a download speed of 92.26 Mbps and an upload speed of 89.45 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection.
This VPN also gives you a variety of servers. This VPN has 3000+ servers located in 94+ countries, including 25 US server locations. ExpressVPN keeps your data secure from any cyber threats because of its Advance Encryption Standard (AES) technology.
You also have the very useful option to use Media Streamer, an intelligent DNS tool, in case you face any trouble connecting it to your television. However, the New Jersey server is not recommended due to the slow speed.
Moreover, you also have the option to connect 5 devices to ExpressVPN simultaneously.
It even supports various devices such as Mac, Chromebook, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, etc. You have to pay US$ 6.67 /mo - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan to get ExpressVPN’s yearly plan. For best results, we suggest you use a server that is close to your location.
This VPN provides a mobile-specific 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can also get 24/7 live chat support option if you face any issues you can contact the customer support team right away.
Furthermore, this VPN allows you to watch Netflix on Apple TV and fix the Netflix error code within seconds.
- Great connection speed.
- Wide server network.
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections.
- Strong security.
- Has Mediastreamer feature for unsupported devices.
- Compatible with devices running on major operating systems.
- 24/7 customer support service.
- A little expensive.
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Get Netflix on Kodi
We also suggest Surfshark VPN if you want to get Netflix on Kodi with the budget-friendly VPN service. This VPN costs US$ 2.30 /mo - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan or $59.76 for two years. At this price, you can easily watch Netflix on PS4 and Chromecast.
Surfshark is also fast enough to enable you to enjoy watching Netflix with little or no interruptions. The VPN offers a download speed of 88.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42. However, the Atlanta server is not recommended due to the slow speed.
Surfshark VPN allows you to choose from more than 3200+ servers that are distributed in over 65+ countries, including 600 servers in US.
Moreover, this encryption technology used is AES-256-GCM. This means it takes all the necessary measures to keep your data secure and safe. It also comes with a kill switch and leak protection.
Surfshark VPN supports many devices like Linux, Mac, Windows, Chromebook, Android, iOS, etc, and you can even use it on as many devices as you want.
This VPN provides a mobile-specific 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can also get 24/7 live chat support option. If you face any issues, you can contact the customer support team right away.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- 24/7 customer support service.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Compatible with major operating systems.
- Low cost.
- Some servers may take some time to connect.
NordVPN – Largest Server Network to Unblock Netflix on Kodi
If you use NordVPN to get Netflix on Kodi, you will get the largest server network to choose from. We recommend NordVPN because it gives you the option to select from more than 5543+ servers spread over 60+ countries, including 1970+ US servers.
The download speed that NordVPN offered was 86.49 Mbps, and the upload speed was 79.42 Mbps on a connection that was 100 Mbps. However, we do not recommend the #8054 server due to the slow speed.
NordVPN uses IKEv2/IPsec, 256 encryption, and Open VPN protocols, making it very secure and private. Furthermore, NordVPN supports devices like Mac, iOS, Linux, Android, Chromebook, Windows, etc. It also allows you to use it on six devices simultaneously.
This VPN chooses the server which will work best for you automatically. However, you can set it manually as well. NordVPN will only cost you US$ 3.49 /mo - Save 60% on 2 Years Deal for two years.
This VPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can also get a 24/7 live chat support option. If you face any issues, you can contact the customer support team right away.
- The blazing speed guarantees lag-free streaming.
- Up to 6 simultaneous connections.
- 24/7 customer support service.
- Tight security measures.
- Compatible with all major operating systems and devices.
- The desktop may be a bit slow.
Why Doesn’t the Kodi Netflix Addon Work? Easy Solutions for Common Errors
Sometimes the Kodi Netflix Addon does not work properly. Here are some easy solutions for some problems that occur commonly.
- Incorrect password error: If you face this issue, the best solution is to reset your Netflix password simply. This error message shows up in case you enter the wrong credentials. However, if changing your password does not help, you may want to sign in to your account using an authentication key.
- Request Blacklisted by Exchange Service error: If you face this error, You should go to your addon settings and choose the ‘expert’ tab. You should find the ‘ESN/Widewine’ settings. Next, choose the ‘Change ESN’ tab to change its details. When you are done, just click on ‘apply changes now.’
- This Title Is Not Available to Watch Instantly. Please Try Another Title error: If you see this error, You should follow the steps for fixing the previous error. You should re-enable the Widevine-Force security level. So, follow the steps you took to fix the last error and this time just click on ‘Force L3’ instead.
Is the Netflix Kodi Addon Legal?
Yes, installing Netflix on Kodi is totally legal, safe, and secure as long as you have a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN.
A VPN will protect you from cyberattacks and any attempts at stealing your private information online that may arise from using third-party addons on Kodi, like Netflix. Using a VPN, you can surf the web without any worries.
How to Pick the Best VPNs for Kodi
We have described the features of all the top VPNs on our list to get Netflix on Kodi, and you can choose any one of them according to whichever fits your needs.
While selecting the best VPN to watch Netflix on Kodi, we consider the following selection criteria;
- Large Server Network: The selected VPN should have an extensive Server Network around the globe, so it offers enough server locations for the user to connect with.
- Blazing Fast Servers: The selected Netflix VPN must have high-speed servers to provide the bufferless streaming service. On Netflix, it should have at least 25 Mbps speed on 4K.
- Highly Secured and Safety Features: While installing Netflix on Kodi, you must make sure that the selected VPN should have a No Log policy and should have the ability to protect your online activities with its highly secured attributes.
- User-Friendly Interface: The selected VPN must be easy to handle and in case if you need any help their customer support should be available for you 24/7.
- Money can be Refunded: The selected VPN should have a money-back policy, so if you don’t like its service, you can always have your money back.
By keeping in mind the above points, you can easily select the Best VPN to watch Netflix on Kodi.
Is Installing Netflix on Kodi legal and safe?
Can you run Netflix through Kodi?
How do I download Netflix on Kodi?
What are the best Netflix Kodi addon alternatives?
Having Netflix on Kodi can be very convenient as it is an amazing platform to binge-watch your favorite TV shows and movies. It is a great source of entertainment.
Unfortunately, the official addon isn’t available anymore, but you can install the Netflix addon on Kodi using a VPN like ExpressVPN and download the repository from unofficial sources.