Netflix is a globally favorite streaming platform and if you’re looking for a way to watch Netflix on Smart TV then this is the right article. Our detailed guide explains how to access Netflix on Smart TV, in various ways.
The streaming service is available in most countries; however, the only drawback is that you don’t have access to all the content in every region because the content is geo-restricted as per region guidelines and laws.
Moreover, there are still some countries where Netflix is unavailable. If you’re in such a region then you’re probably facing the geo-restriction error, but worry not! We have covered in our guide how to watch Netflix from geo-restricted countries; which means you can enjoy access to different regional Netflix libraries on Smart TV as well.
How to Get Netflix on Smart TV in Geo-restricted Countries?
Follow the easy steps below to get Netflix on Smart TV in geo-restricted countries:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS settings page and enter your credentials to sign in.
- You will see the IP address registration page and click “Register my IP address.”
- Now visit the ExpressVPN setup page, and you will find your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address, note it down.
- Press the Menu button on your Smart TV remote.
- Select Network and then select Network Status.
- Wait for the process to finish and then select IP Settings.
- Select DNS settings and then select Enter manually.
- Enter your previously noted MediaStreamer IP address.
- Press Enter and open the Smart Hub.
- Search and download the Netflix app.
- Log in with your credentials to enjoy watching Netflix on your TV.
How to Get Netflix on Older Samsung Smart TV?
Are you using an older version of Samsung TV and want to watch your favorite Netflix shows on your TV? No need to worry! We have shared the easy steps below to download Netflix on older Samsung TVs quickly:
- Press the internet@TV button on your remote.
- Select the content view.
- Now select internet TV.
- Use the search option to find the Netflix app.
- Download and install the app on your TV.
- Open the app and log in with your credentials to enjoy streaming Netflix on Smart TV.
You can also read our latest guide on Sleep Timer Feature For Android Users.
How to Watch Netflix on LG TV?
Netflix is pre-installed in most LG Smart TVs. LG comes with two different types of smart TVs, one with the webOS and the other one powered by Roku TV. Follow the steps below to watch Netflix on your LG TV:
- Turn on your LG TV.
- On your home screen, navigate to the Netflix app.
- If you are using an LG Roku TV, then head towards the Streaming Channels section.
- Enter your Netflix log-in credentials.
- Sign in to the app to enjoy watching your favorite content on your LG Smart TV.
How to Update Netflix on Smart TV?
Update the Netflix app on Smart TV by following the steps below:
- Press Home on your TV remote to get to the Smart Hub.
- Select Apps, and search for the Netflix app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update it.
- Launch the updated Netflix app and enjoy watching your favorite content.
How to Activate the Netflix App on Smart TV?
Activating the Netflix app on Smart TV is a piece of cake. Follow the easy steps below to activate your Netflix app on Smart TV:
- Turn on Smart TV.
- Launch the Netflix app on your TV and select login.
- Select Activate on a computer.
- Visit the Netflix activation page on your PC and log in to get the code.
- Enter the code on Smart TV to activate your Netflix account.
How to Switch Netflix Profiles on Smart TV?
Switch your profiles on Netflix on Smart TV by following the steps below:
- Open the Netflix app on Smart TV.
- Navigate to the account icon and select it.
- Now select Profiles from the menu.
- Switch your profile by selecting the preferred profile.
By using Express VPN, you can also change your Netflix region.
Netflix Not Working on Smart TV [Quick Fixes]
If Netflix is not working on Smart TV, then you may try the following quick fixes:
- Reset the Netflix app on Smart TV
- Try uninstalling and then reinstalling your Netflix app
- Clear the cache of your Netflix app
- Power Cycle-Smart TV to fix Netflix
- Update your Netflix app
- Update Smart TV framework
- Factory reset Smart TV
Best Netflix Movies and TV Shows on Smart TV
You can watch thousands of movies and TV shows on Netflix on Smart TV including the titles mentioned below:
- The Guest
- Always Be My Maybe
- The Social Network
- Harry Potter (Watch Harry Potter on Netflix)
- The Queen’s Gambit
- Sherlock Holmes
- Money Heist (Watch Money Heist)
- Never Have I Ever
- Immigration Nation
- The Witcher
- Breaking Bad
How do I get Netflix on my Smart TV?
Does Netflix work on Samsung Smart TV?
Yes, Netflix works with Samsung Smart TV. It also works with other smart TVs, including LG Smart TV, Android TV, and VIZIO Smart TV.
We hope after reading this guide, you understand how easy it is to watch Netflix on Smart TV. Even if Netflix is not available in your country, you can access it with the help of a VPN such as ExpressVPN and get access to all of your favorite shows and movies on Netflix on Smart TV.