If the ESPN Plus subscription has been a little heavy on your pocket, then it’s time you take a break and cancel ESPN Plus in New Zealand.
ESPN Plus is one of the most popular sports streaming channels across the globe, all hail to its live programming of diverse sports, documentaries, original content, and much more.
Since the price hike of ESPN Plus in 2021, ESPN+ has gone up to a monthly subscription of $6.99 and an annual subscription of $69.99. However, you can always avoid paying for the sports channel by cancelling its subscription.
The steps to cancel an ESPN Plus subscription depend on what platform you’re using and how you were billed for the service. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Note: ESPN Plus is unavailable inside New Zealand due to content licensing issues. So, to access the streaming service in New Zealand, you’d first require a VPN like ExpressVPN and connecting to its US server. Once you’re done, you can access ESPN+ and proceed with the cancellation.
How to Cancel ESPN Plus Subscription in New Zealand
Follow these steps to cancel ESPN Plus subscription in New Zealand:
- Get connected to a Canadian server with a premium VPN.
- Now open the billing page of ESPN+.
- Press “Login”.
- Select “Manage” from the drop-down menu.
- When prompted, tap “Cancel Subscription” and confirm the action.
How to Cancel ESPN Plus on a Web Browser
Follow the steps below to cancel ESPN Plus on the web:
- Visit the billing page of ESPN+.
- Press “Log in”.
- Click on “Manage”.
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription” and confirm the action when prompted.
How to Cancel ESPN Plus on Roku’s Website
To cancel your ESPN Plus subscription on Roku, first, visit my.roku.com/account, login, and follow the steps below:
- Click on Manage your subscriptions.
- Once the My Subscription page loads, all the subscriptions billed by Roku will be visible to you.
- Select your ESPN+ subscription and click Unsubscribe.
- Confirm this action when prompted.
Please make sure that you’ve connected ExpressVPN to your router before accessing the ESPN+ app on Roku. After cancellation, you can subscribe to Hulu in New Zealand and enjoy content other than sports.
Ways to Cancel ESPN Plus on Multiple Devices
You can cancel ESPN Plus through Apple, Amazon, and Android using iTunes, Google Play, and App Store. However, all these processes differ from each other. Here is how you can cancel ESPN+ on multiple devices:
How do I cancel my ESPN Plus subscription on Google Play?
Follow the steps below to cancel your ESPN+ subscription using the Google Play website:
- Fire up your browser, visit play.google.com, and log in.
- Tap on My Subscriptions present on the left.
- Select your ESPN+ subscription and click Manage.
- Choose Cancel Subscription, and confirm your cancellation.
Cancelling ESPN+ through Google Play is easy. But, first, ensure that you have a dedicated VPN app installed on your device and connect to its US server.
How to cancel ESPN Plus on an iPhone or iPad
Here is how you can cancel ESPN Plus on iPhone/iPad using your Apple ID:
- Go to Settings and click on your name.
- Click on Subscriptions (If you don’t see it, click on iTunes & App Store).
- Tap on the ESPN+ subscription.
- Click Cancel Subscription and confirm this action.
To access ESPN+ in New Zealand, you’d require a VPN like ExpressVPN. And once you’ve unblocked it, proceed with the cancellation process. You can also use the extra cash and subscribe to any other streaming service, like YouTube TV in New Zealand.
How do I cancel an ESPN+ subscription through iTunes?
If you subscribed to ESPN+ through iTunes, then you can cancel it through the iTunes app using your computer:
- Visit iTunes using your PC.
- Press Account > View My Account.
- Visit Settings on the Account Information page.
- Look for Subscriptions and tap Manage.
- Find your ESPN+ subscription, and click on Edit.
- Click Cancel Subscription to cancel it. You can also manage your ESPN+ subscription by switching to another plan.
Users outside New Zealand would require getting ExpressVPN on their device and connecting to its server in the United States before cancelling the subscription.
How to cancel ESPN Plus – Fire TV
Subscribing to ESPN Plus through Amazon or Fire TV would require you to cancel it through Amazon’s website. Here is how you can do that:
- Launch your browser, visit the subscription page of Amazon, and sign in.
- Choose ESPN+ in the Your Subscriptions section and click Actions.
- Tap on Cancel Subscription and confirm this action.
If you’ve cancelled your ESPN Plus subscription, but are still on the lookout for the best VoD channel dedicated to sports, then you can always opt for other popular options, like Sky Sports in New Zealand.
You can also connect to ExpressVPN’s US server and get Fox Sports Go in New Zealand.
How to cancel ESPN Plus on Amazon
You can cancel your ESPN+ subscription that is invoiced to your Amazon account at any time by going to the Amazon website.
Follow these steps:
- On your computer or smartphone, go here.
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in.
- Select Actions from your ESPN+ subscription.
- To terminate your subscription, go to Cancel your subscription.
- When prompted, confirm your cancellation.
Can I pause the ESPN+ subscription?
How do I suspend my ESPN Plus account?
How do I restart my ESPN Plus subscription?
- Launch the ESPN Plus app on your iPhone.
- Sign in to your account.
- Choose Settings present on the top-right of the app.
- Tap on ESPN+ subscription > Subscribe> Restore.
- Choose Set Up Account to complete the process.
So now you know how to cancel ESPN Plus membership. ESPN Plus is one of the best streaming services if you’re a sports fan wanting to watch all the latest leagues and championships, including UFC Fight Night 204 and NCAA Division | Wrestling Championships in New Zealand.
However, if you’re tired of paying for the streaming service and watching its content, then our guide can be quite helpful for you to cancel ESPN Plus in New Zealand and save your money.