Looking for a quick solution on how can I watch IFC TV in New Zealand in 2022? As IFC TV is only available in the USA, you can use a VPN to watch it from your home country. Our top choice VPN service is ExpressVPN.
IFC TV is a US-based video streaming service broadcasting popular content like Quantum, Big Sky, Year of Rabit, and much more. You can sign up for IFC with your cable TV provider or through other streaming services like fuboTV in New Zealand.
However, like other streaming services, content licensing policies applies on IFC TV too. For this reason, you need a VPN to watch IFC TV in New Zealand. A VPN hides your current location, making you appear on the streaming platform as if you are located in the USA.
Our blog has shared a quick guide on how to watch IFC in New Zealand, the sign-up process, the best VPNs, compatible devices, and what to watch on IFC TV. Read the whole blog or jump directly to your preferred section.
How to Watch IFC TV in New Zealand? [Quick Guide]
- Get a subscription to a trustworthy VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Log in using your VPN credentials.
- Connect to the USA server. The New York server is perfect on ExpressVPN.
- Go to the IFC TV website (or a streaming service that offers IFC as an add-on).
- Sign in and enjoy streaming your favorite content on it.
Note: You need to sign up on IFC TV with your TV provider details or streaming service subscription credentials.
Why do You Need a VPN to Watch IFC TV in New Zealand?
You need a VPN to get IFC TV in New Zealand to bypass the geo-restriction on the streaming service. Although you can access its website from your country, you cannot watch any content on it.
To watch shows or movies on IFC, you need to sign up with the TV provider details or opt for a streaming service that offers IFC as an add-on.
For example, we visited the DirecTV website to watch IFC content, but as we are in New Zealand and we weren’t connected to a VPN, we got this error on our screen:
“Access Denied. You don’t have permission to access on this server.”
Then we connected to USA server on a VPN. It helped us unblock DirecTV in New Zealand and watch all IFC TV content on it. You might be wondering, what does a VPN do? It spoofs your current location, making you appear on the platform as if you are in the USA.
If you are concerned about the judicial matters of changing your IP address with a VPN, so don’t worry. It is legal to use a VPN for streaming. We haven’t seen anyone getting into trouble for using a VPN unless they aren’t into any criminal activities.
However, all VPNs are not capable of unblocking all the streaming services, such as Pluto TV in New Zealand. Therefore, we recommend using only paid VPN services as they are fast and reliable. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming.
How do you sign up for IFC TV in New Zealand?
- Subscribe to a high-quality VPN service. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Sign in and connect to the USA – New York server.
- Navigate to the IFC official website and choose sign in.
- Select your TV provider, such as DirecTV.
- Enter your DirecTV account credentials. If you don’t have a DirecTV account, create it by choosing Create one now.
- Now again, choose your service provider and click Continue.
- Add your Account number and Zip code.
- Enjoy watching your favorite shows and movies on IFC in New Zealand.
Best VPNs to Watch IFC TV in New Zealand in 2022
We tested 20 plus VPNs to find the best ones to watch IFC TV in New Zealand in 2022. Our evaluation criteria included the VPN speed, number of servers, customer service, money-back guarantee, price, security, and user experience.
Here are our top 3 VPNs to get IFC TV in New Zealand:
ExpressVPN: Recommended VPN for IFC TV in New Zealand
ExpressVPN is the recommended VPN to unblock IFC TV in New Zealand. It offers lightning-fast speed servers for you to enjoy streaming without any buffer. It has 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, including 20 plus servers in USA.
We connected to the New York server to watch IFC TV. We suggest users avoid the San Francisco server for its slow connection speed.
On the speed test, it offered us a download speed of 92.26 and an upload speed of 89.45 on a 100 Mbps connection.
When connected to the USA server on ExpressVPN, you can easily access Fox TV, watch CNBC live, or YouTube TV in New Zealand.
You can connect a maximum of five devices on one ExpressVPN account. This VPN offers a unique feature, MediaStreamer, for devices that do not support VPN. ExpressVPN has Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and Linux apps.
Kill switch, split tunneling, no-log policy, and AES 256-bit data encryption are some of its security features.
The cost of ExpressVPN is NZD 10.69 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan. It offers a money-back guarantee of one month. Its customer support is available 24/7 via chat and email support.
Surfshark: Pocket-Friendly VPN for IFC TV in New Zealand
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN to unblock IFC TV in New Zealand. Its cost is as low as NZD 3.69 /mo (US$ 2.30 /mo ) - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan, allowing you to connect unlimited devices on one account.
It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. This number includes 600 plus servers in the United States.
To stream IFC TV in New Zealand, we recommend connecting to the Chicago server. We suggest avoiding the Boston server, as it gave us slow speed when we connected to it.
On the speed test, it offered us a download speed of 88.48 and an upload speed of 79.42 on a 100 Mbps connection.
With Surfshark, you can get Sling TV in New Zealand. We also enjoyed watching our favorite content on Viki and unblock ABC Network. There was no internet lagging throughout our streaming time.
Surfshark ensures your online privacy by encrypting your data, offering a kill switch, split tunneling, camouflage mode, and a Clean Web. It never keeps a record of your data.
You can use Surfshark on Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and macOS. If you want to use it on Android or iOS, you can get its free trial for 7 days.
Surfshark also offers a one-month money-back guarantee. Its customer support team is available 24/7 to facilitate you anytime.
NordVPN: Largest Server network for IFC TV in New Zealand
NordVPN offers the largest server network to stream IFC TV in New Zealand. It has more than 1970 servers in the USA, and overall 5543+ servers in 94+ countries.
Our experience on its Atlanta server was awesome. However, we suggest avoiding the Miami server as our experience wasn’t good on it.
The speed test provided us with a download speed of 86.49 and an upload speed of 79.42 on a 100 Mbps connection.
When using NordVPN, you can watch Paramount Plus or A&E and all other USA streaming services.
NordVPN offers robust security features like a kill switch, threat manager, AES 256-bit data encryption, and a strict no-log policy. It has unique features like Nordlynx Protocol and Obfuscated server technology.
The cost of NordVPN is NZD 3.69 /mo (US$ 2.30 /mo ) - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 customer support.
What Devices are compatible with IFC TV in New Zealand?
The following devices are compatible with IFC TV in New Zealand:
How to watch IFC TV in New Zealand on iOS?
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Install its app on your iOS device and sign in.
- Connect to the USA – New York server on it.
- Go to the settings menu on your iOS device.
- Select your Apple ID and then select View Apple ID.
- Change the country/region to the USA.
- Go to the app Store and search the IFC app for iOS.
- Install the app and sign in. Enjoy!
How to watch IFC TV in New Zealand on my Android?
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Link to the USA – New York server on it.
- Create a new Google account with the USA as your location.
- Go to the Google Play Store and log in with your new account.
- Search the IFC TV app for android and install it.
- Sign in and enjoy watching your favorite shows on it.
How to watch IFC TV in New Zealand on my Roku?
- Choose a reliable VPN and subscribe to it. We suggest using ExpressVPN for its MediaStreamer feature. (Roku does not support VPN directly).
- Configure the VPN app on your router and connect to the USA – New York server.
- Go to the search menu on your Roku screen.
- Type IFC TV and choose ok.
- Select Add Channel on IFC TV app.
- Install it and choose Go to Channel.
- Once the app is installed, sign in and enjoy streaming IFC content.
How to watch IFC TV in New Zealand on Fire TV?
- Purchase a VPN service. Our best choice is ExpressVPN.
- Set up the VPN on your router.
- Connect to the USA – New York server.
- On your Fire TV, switch on Unknown Sources.
- Install the IFC TV app by choosing Download.
- Once the app is installed, open the app and log in on IFC TV. Enjoy!
What to Watch on IFC TV in 2022?
The content library of IFC TV is huge, offering movies, documentaries, and series in 2022. The content primarily focuses on horror and comedy, along with other genres.
Which are the Top Shows on IFC TV in 2022?
Here are the top IFC TV shows in 2022:
- Like So Many Things
- The Birthday Boys
- Comedy Bang! Bang!
- The Spoils of Babylon
- Four Eyed Monsters
- The Spoil Before Dying
Which are the Top Movies on IFC TV in 2022?
Following are the top movies on IFC TV in 2022:
- Shake, Rattle, and Rock
- Spin me Around
- The House That Jack Built
- Happy Accidents
- Sleeping Beauty
- Waking Life
FAQs – IFC TV in New Zealand
Is it legal to watch IFC TV in New Zealand with a VPN?
Can you watch IFC TV in New Zealand with a free VPN?
Can I simultaneously sign into multiple devices on IFC TV?
Is IFC app free?
How much is IFC channel?
Does YouTube TV have IFC channel?
We hope our quick guide helped you understand how to watch IFC TV in New Zealand. All you need is a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN and a subscription to a streaming service that offers IFC TV on its network.
So hurry up, sign up and binge-watch all your favorite content on IFC live stream for free. Don’t forget to grab some popcorn when you settle on your comfortable couch.
If you have any further questions on the IFC channel schedule, feel free to ask us in the comments section.