Did you know that you can watch Disney Plus on Xbox One in New Zealand? If you didn’t know that, then you don’t have to worry because we have covered you with our easy guide to access Disney Plus on your Xbox in New Zealand in three easy steps.
Disney Plus is a USA-based streaming platform owned by The Walt Disney Company, and it has various content for its users. You can watch Marvel movies, Star Wars, Pixel, etc. However, if you live outside New Zealand, you will need a VPN like ExpressVPN to watch Disney Plus outside New Zealand.
You must sign up for Disney Plus and download the free application from the Microsoft Store on your Xbox to watch Disney Plus on your gaming console. Then, just log in to begin streaming shows like Andor and May it Please the Court.
Is Disney Plus geo-restricted in your country? Well, we have got you covered here as well. As our guide contains the steps to how to set up Disney Plus on Xbox One in New Zealand easily.
Keep reading this guide to learn more about accessing the giant streaming platform and learning about the Disney Plus on Xbox 360 hacks.
How to watch Disney Plus on Xbox One in New Zealand [Quick Steps]
If Disney Plus is available in your region, then you can follow the easy steps below to watch Disney Plus on Xbox One:
- You must subscribe to Disney Plus to stream Disney Plus on your Xbox console.
- On your Xbox, download the no-cost app from the Microsoft Store.
- Then, just log in to begin streaming.
Note: Disney Plus has the option of ‘Cancel Disney Plus Subscription,’ so if you don’t feel like watching it for any reason, you can easily cancel it.
What are the Requirements for watching Disney Plus on Xbox in New Zealand?
Disney Plus is accessible on the Xbox One lineup and the brand-new Xbox Series X and Series S consoles, which will please you. However, you must sign up for the service and become a member before you can begin watching else you will encounter the issues like Disney Plus on Xbox One not working.
The monthly cost of a Disney Plus subscription is NZ$9.30 ($7.99). You may also choose the yearly subscription, which would run you NZ$93.08 ($79.99) for a full year.
You will require one of Microsoft’s gaming consoles, such as the Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, or Xbox One X, to stream Disney Plus.
The streaming platform suggests having a high-speed internet connection of at least 5Mbps for HD streaming and 25Mbps for 4K streaming for the greatest experience.
Streaming Disney Plus in 4K on the One X, Series S, Xbox One S, or Series X is possible. The Xbox One from the last generation does not enable 4K streaming.
To stream Disney Plus, you should also use high-bandwidth HDMI cables and external screens that support HDCP 2.2 (for 4K streaming).
How to get Disney+ on Xbox in geo-restricted countries
If Disney+ is geo-restricted in your country, you can still stream Disney Plus on Xbox One with the help of a VPN. Although Xbox does not support a VPN client to be installed directly, you can use SmartDNS with the help of a Disney Plus VPN.
Here are the steps on how to log in to Disney Plus on Xbox:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its client on your PC.
- Sign in to ExpressVPN’s DNS Settings page.
- Click Register my IP address under the IP address registration option.
5. Enable “Automatically register my IP address.”
6. Visit ExpressVPN’s Setup page and get your MediaStreamer DNS IP address.
7. Once your hostname gets registered on ExpressVPN, you can then easily set up Mediastreamer on your Xbox.
After getting the MediaStreamer IP, you can easily watch Xbox One Disney Plus by setting up the DNS servers. The easy configuration steps are given in our next section.
How to set up DNS servers to watch Disney+ on your Xbox One in New Zealand
Follow the steps below to watch Disney Plus on Xbox One by setting up the DNS servers:
- Launch your Xbox One.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General and then select Network Settings.
- Go to Advanced settings.
- Select DNS settings and then select Manual.
- Enter your first MediaStreamer IP address for Primary IPv4 DNS.
- Press the menu button on your controller to continue the procedure.
- Enter your second MediaStreamer IP address for Secondary IPv4 DNS.
- Press the menu button on your controller again.
- Finally, press the B button to save your settings.
- Now, go to Settings and then select Systems.
- Select Language&Location and change your location to New Zealand.
- Restart your Xbox One.
- Download the Disney Plus application from the Microsoft store.
- Install the app and log in to it and enjoy streaming.
How to stream Disney+ in 4K on Xbox One in New Zealand
Disney+ offers 4K streaming, and you can take full advantage of it on your Xbox. However, you will need an Xbox One X or Xbox One S to stream Disney+ in 4K resolution. Unfortunately, you can not watch the famous streaming platform in 4K on your Xbox One.
A fast and stable internet connection is also needed for 4K streaming on your Xbox One X or Xbox One S. Make sure that you have an internet connection of at least 20 Mbps to stream your favorite shows on Disney Plus. Moreover, Disney Plus on Xbox series S is easily accessible.
How much is Disney Plus on Xbox in New Zealand
You can get a Disney Plus membership for your Xbox at NZ$9.30 ($7.99 per month). You can also opt for the one-year package at NZ$93.08($79.99 per year). Save NZ$16.16 ($13.89) on the annual payment plan). A Disney Plus special bundle gives you Disney Plus, with Hulu and ESPN+, for a total of NZ$16.28 ($13.99/month).
Although you can download the Disney+ application for free on your Xbox, you need to pay for the subscription charges to access the streaming platform.
What to watch on Disney Plus on Xbox in New Zealand
You can watch over 500 movies and 7500+ TV show episodes on Disney Plus on Xbox One. In our next section, we list the best TV shows and movies on Disney Plus.
Best Disney+ TV Shows in New Zealand
The following list of the best TV shows is available in the Disney Plus library and countless other shows. You can watch all these on Disney Plus Xbox series X:
- The Orville
- Moon Knight
- Big Shot
- Ms. Marvel
Best Disney+ Movies in New Zealand
You can watch the following list of popular movies on Disney+ on your Xbox:
- Werewolf by Night
- Avengers: Endgame
- Free Guy
- Black Widow
- Black Panther
What other devices does Disney+ support in New Zealand?
If you don’t have an Xbox, then you can access Disney+ on the following devices:
- Desktop Web Browsers (via streaming)
- Mobile Devices and Tablets (via free downloaded app)
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Android phone and tablet (Watch Disney Plus on Android devices)
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Set-top Boxes and Game Consoles (via free downloaded app)
- Apple TV (4th Generation and later) (Access Disney+ on Apple TV)
- Sony PlayStation 4 (Watch Disney Plus on PS4)
- Smart TVs (pre-installed or via a free downloaded app)
- Android TV Devices
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (Watch Disney+ on Samsung Smart TV)
- Other Streaming Devices (via free downloaded app)
- Amazon FireTV
- Apple AirPlay
- Roku (Access Disney Plus on Roku)
- Chromecast (Stream Disney Plus via Chromecast)
Why is Disney Plus not working on my Xbox One in New Zealand?
Is Disney Plus available on Xbox in New Zealand?
Is Disney plus free on Xbox in New Zealand?
Why can’t I download Disney Plus on my Xbox in New Zealand?
How do I transfer Disney Plus to Xbox One from my phone?
- Choose Settings.
- Using the search bar, type “dlna”
- Media server, Tap.
- Select Share media.
Does Xbox 360 have Disney Plus in New Zealand?
Why can’t I get Disney Plus on my Xbox in New Zealand?
You are now acquainted with the easy steps to watch Disney Plus on Xbox One in New Zealand and know how to connect Disney Plus to your phone. Ensure you have a stable internet connection while accessing Disney Plus to have the best streaming experience.
If you face any issues, we recommend you subscribe to ExpressVPN; with a VPN, you can unblock other Disney Plus libraries.
Moreover, ExpressVPN helps you resolve the Disney Plus error code 73 in New Zealand, which appears due to the geo-restrictions.