Do you want to know how to get HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand? I’ll provide you with a few simple steps that will allow you to watch HBO Max shows, Anime, and movies on your Firestick.
HBO Max is available in the United States as well as 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean. However, due to geo-blocking policies and copyright agreements, not all countries have access to the same content library. Due to these content geo-restrictions, HBO Max in the United States has the most popular content library including Elvis movies and shows when compared to other countries.
To get the HBO Max in New Zealand you will have to use a premium VPN to watch your favorite shows and movies like Vampire Diaries, House Party, Westworld, South Park, and 8-bit Christmas.
Let’s Dig into the guide to know the best VPNs to unblock HBO Max.
How to get HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand?
The Firestick is a new device that has joined the ranks of entertainment streaming technologies. Firestick connects to your TV’s HDMI port, allowing you to watch your favorite TV shows, movies, sports, and more. The Firestick can store all of your favorite content and is portable.
There are two ways to get HBO Max on Firestick. We’ll go over it further with you.
Despite this, you can also check out our guide on How to Get Channel 4, TSN, and ESPN on Firestick.
Best VPNs to get HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand
We have provided the best 3 VPNs to stream the HBO Max on Firestick in 2022:
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to get HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand
ExpressVPN is our top recommendation to stream HBO Max on Firestick, thanks to its ease of use, strong security features, and high speed of servers.
It has resulted in up to 87.18 Mbps download speed and 52.13 Mbps upload speed, which is enough for high-end streaming.
ExpressVPN is undoubtedly the best VPN to watch HBO Max. In addition to incredible speeds and excellent unblocking ability, it boasts 20+ plus US servers with blazing streaming speeds at a price of NZ$ 10.29/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan.
One of its best features is the Media streamer, which works well for streaming HBO Max on iPhone along with devices that don’t support VPNs like gaming consoles. The VPN service provider also has 3000 servers in 90 countries, and it’s a cross-platform app.
This VPN can also be used to watch Youtube TV or Vudu in New Zealand.
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to get HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand
Surfshark is known to be the most affordable VPN in the industry, Surfshark only charges NZ$ 3.55/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan with a 30-day money-back guarantee in exchange for brilliant unblocking and good speeds. It also provides unlimited multi-logins so that you can share them with your family and friends.
In addition, Surfshark works perfectly with HBO Max. All you need to do is connect to one of the highly-optimized US servers to stream HBO Max, even in HD.
The upload speed after connecting to Surfshark’s server was 49.42 Mbps and the download speed was 86.55 Mbps (on a 100 Mbps connection).
It also supports the Smart DNS feature and works with devices that don’t usually support VPNs. Surfshark has 3200 servers in 65 countries. The Surfshark app supports all streaming devices and operating systems.
This VPN can also be used to watch CNBC or ESPN+ in New Zealand.
NordVPN – Largest Server Network to get HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand
The NordVPN speeds are fast, and the VPN has the most servers, 5,500 servers in 59 countries, to be exact. SmartPlay is the best NordVPN feature because it makes it possible to watch HBO Max even on devices that don’t support VPNs.
According to our test results, you can enjoy buffer-free streaming because there is a tiny speed change after connecting to the server. Your internet connection has a typical speed of 100 Mbps. The upload speed was 44.07 Mbps and the download speed was 86.56 Mbps when using Nord VPN.
It also supports Smart DNS technology and even has a kill switch on all clients.
A NordVPN subscription NZ$ 5.38/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) - Save 60% on 2 Years Deal with a 30-day money-back guarantee makes NordVPN a great VPN to stream HBO Max in New Zealand.
The app is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, Android, and manual installation on specific routers.
This VPN can also be used to watch ABC in New Zealand.
How to Select the Best VPN to Access HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand?
VPNs are not all the same, even though they may all claim to be excellent. Many streaming services are smart enough to block VPNs every now and then, and many VPNs are unable to bypass these restrictions.
When selecting a VPN, always look for the following features:
- It should be capable of unblocking a variety of websites.
- VPN must be fast in terms of connectivity and streaming speed.
- It must have a wide range of servers spread around the globe.
ExpressVPN is our top recommendation since it includes all of these capabilities and has an easy-to-use interface.
How to Fix HBO Max Errors on Firestick?
Here are all of the tried-and-true solutions for HBO Max problems.
- The HBO Max Fire Stick app needs to be updated. Updating to the most recent version of the app is one of the simplest ways to resolve any issues that may be affecting you or other users.
- You should update your Fire Stick. Some apps and services may require an operating system update on your Amazon Fire Stick in order to function properly.
- Reboot both your router and modem. If you’re experiencing a lot of buffering or your movies aren’t loading properly, try restarting your modem and router. This will reconnect you to your internet service provider and, in most cases, result in faster download speeds.
- Cancel any other devices’ downloads. A computer or smart device on the same Wi-Fi connection that is downloading a large number of files can cause the internet to slow down for everyone.
- Relaunch the HBO Max app. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Apps > HBO Max > OK. To close the app, press the Force Stop button.
- Clear the cache on the Fire Stick. This takes only a few seconds but can be very effective at repairing errors and speeding up your Fire Stick.
- Start the Fire Stick again. To do so, hold down the Select and Play buttons until the streaming stick turns off and reboots. This will refresh the streaming stick and, hopefully, resolve any issues with HBO Max.
- Sign out of HBO Max if you don’t want to watch it anymore. To log out of the Fire Stick app, go to the HBO Max website and select Profile > Manage Devices > Fire Stick > Sign Out. Log out after you’ve finished.
- Install the HBO Max app again. The app download could have been corrupted. To resolve this, uninstall the app and then install the HBO Max app for Fire Stick.
- Restart the Fire Stick. You can only restore your Amazon Fire Stick to factory settings as a last resort. This can fix a variety of issues that aren’t resolved by the previous solutions, but you’ll have to redownload all of the apps you installed after purchasing it.
- Watch HBO Max on a different device. HBO Max is available on a variety of devices, including popular video game consoles. If you can’t get the app to work on your Fire Stick, try it on another device.
HBO Max Loading Error on Firestick
Movies and TV shows are not properly loading on the Fire Stick. The HBO Max app is usually the result of the HBO Max service being unavailable, a slow or disconnected internet connection, or a software glitch involving the app or the Fire Stick operating system.
Try the solutions shown above to resolve such HBO Max loading issues. As a last resort, you can contact HBO Max customer service directly at 1-855-442-6629.
HBO Max Buffering Issue on Firestick
Check to see if HBO Max on the device is up to date, and if not, update it. Restart the device after closing all other apps or programs. Restart the local router, but first, check to see if the internet is slow with other apps as well.
Which Amazon Firestick Devices are Compatible with HBO Max?
HBO Max is currently available on all Amazon Fire TVs, Fire Tablets, Firesticks, and Fire Cube devices. The app also works with older models of each of these devices.
What other Streaming Services are available on Amazon Firestick?
There are hundreds of potential channels available to you, as well as thousands of movies and TV shows to stream that can leave users indecisive about which service to use which leads them to compare different streaming services like HBO Max vs Netflix or Peacock vs Hulu. In addition to HBO Max, you can download apps for major streaming services such as Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu, and, of course, Amazon Prime, but access to their massive content libraries requires a monthly fee (though most do provide a free trial).
Individual channels such as sports (ESPN), news (NBC), cooking (Vegan Life), fitness (Peloton), movies (Hallmark), music (Spotify), and kid’s entertainment can also be downloaded.
The best part? Often, you don’t have to pay anything. Crackle offers thousands of free movies, and Pluto TV offers ad-supported television and on-demand content.
What is an Amazon Firestick?
How do I change the country on my Amazon Firestick?
- Select Home > Settings > My Account from the menu on your Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, then select Deregister.
- You’re prompted to re-register your device. To register your Amazon Fire TV for use in your new supported country, enter your Amazon account information again.
Can you get HBO Max on Firestick?
How to download HBO max on Amazon Firestick?
Why does HBO Max keep freezing on Firestick?
How to Update HBO Max on Firestick?
- If you have sideloaded HBO Max to your Fire TV or Fire TV Handle, instead of upgrading your sideload software, you should uninstall the app and reinstall the official edition.
- First, on the Fire TV’s home screen, select and highlight the HBO Max App that you want to upgrade.
- When you press the Menu button on your remote while the app you want to update is highlighted, a menu will appear in the lower right corner of your screen. Select More Details from the drop-down menu.
- The app’s information tab will be loaded. This screen usually has an Open button, but if there is an update available for the app, it will also have an Update button. Click the Update button to force the app to upgrade.
- Installing an app from the Amazon Appstore will always send you the most recent update, regardless of which version you previously installed on your device.
In this guide, we have provided you with the simple steps to get HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand. If HBO Max isn’t available in your country, you can still get it by using a reliable VPN.
If you have any queries please let us know in the comments!