Looking for a way to watch Sky Go outside UK? Well, that it is not possible without a VPN as it is a geo-restricted OTT service.
Sky Go is a UK-based online TV service offering free live streaming and on-demand service for Sky TV subscribers. It is not available outside UK, and if you really wish to watch it, a VPN is necessary. We have listed the easy steps to unblock Sky Go in this guide.
We have also revealed the top 3 best VPNs to unblock Sky go.
Our quick guide includes the simplest ways to watch and stream all your favourite shows — including the Primetime Emmys 2021 Awards on Sky Go
Why Do You Need a VPN to Unblock Sky Go outside UK?
If you try to access it outside the UK, you will see the following error message on the screen:
Sky Go is only available to users connecting from within the UK or Republic of Ireland, unfortunately, we cannot confirm that you are within these territories at the moment. Please retry later.
Sky Go is only accessible in the UK thus you will need a VPN to access Sky Go to watch it outside UK. VPNs mask your IP address and encrypt all the internet traffic by connecting your device to your desired server. This is how you can access geo-restricted content and platforms with their help. A VPN can also let you unblock Channel 4 outside UK or unblock ITV outside UK.
The list of recommended VPNs in our next section could come in handy to access these platforms.
Best VPNs to Unblock Sky Go outside UK
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Access Sky Go outside UK
After testing 20+ VPNs, we recommend ExpressVPN to watch Sky Go as it not only unblocks Sky Go but has also proved to be the fastest in terms of speed.
In the speed tests we conducted, it managed to offer a download speed of 91.35 Mbps and an upload speed of 54.21 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
It is clearly a giant in the industry, rightfully popular because of its amazing speed and security features, and its larger network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries. It has around 160 high-speed servers in the UK, providing 256-bit encryption for secure streaming and preventing IP and DNS leaks. It allows 5 simultaneous logins so you can share them with your friends and family.
It is offering its limited-time deal which gives you a 49% discount on the regular monthly price. You can get their exclusive 12+3 months free plan to unblock Sky Go. You can use ExpressVPN to unblock Netflix, watch BT Sport outside UK, and watch EuroSport in UK with the help of ExpressVPN.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch Sky Go outside UK
Surfshark is an affordable VPN to watch Sky Go. Surfshark charges $2.49/mo on its 2-year package. It has unlimited device support. It has highly optimized servers, which are best for streaming, and this VPN is ideal for those on a budget. It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries.
It has all the essential data protection and safety features that a VPN should have, including 256-bit encryption. It maintains a no data logs policy and ensures no DNS or IP leaks.
It managed to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 75.52 Mbps and upload speed of 38.74 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network to Stream Sky Go in outside UK
NordVPN is a popular VPN for streaming Sky Go. It has a network of 5500+ servers in around 59 countries, out of which 440 servers are located in the UK. It has AES 256-bit encryption with a strict no-logs policy which ensures that none of your data is stored. Moreover, it provides a surety of no IP and DNS leaks.
NordVPN offers its services at $3.30/mo (VPN Awareness Month - 2 year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE) on its 2-year package. It allows up to 6 simultaneous connections along with features like a Kill switch, a friendly user interface, and a dedicated streaming mode. You can unblock Netflix using NordVPN and also watch Sky Sports outside UK by using a reliable VPN like NordVPN.
It managed to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 88.43 Mbps and upload speed of 46.62 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
Why is Sky Go blocked outside UK?
Sky Go is a UK-based service that is not available outside UK owing to geo-restrictions and copyrights. That is why it is blocked outside the UK.
Despite the geo-restrictions, Sky Go is quite easy to access outside UK. All you’ll need is a VPN with UK servers.
Can a Free VPN be Used to Watch Sky Go outside UK?
Yes, a free VPN can be used to watch Sky Go. However, owing to the limited features that free VPNs offer, you will face difficulty accessing it outside the UK.
Free VPNs have several drawbacks. To begin with, a free VPN will expose your device’s data to third parties for money. In addition, because free VPNs do not use any tunneling methods, your online information will be compromised.
A free VPN might flood your screen with irritating advertisements. which may be pretty unpleasant. To summarize, instead of using a free VPN, invest in a premium VPN like Express VPN.
How to Use a Smart DNS Proxy to Watch Sky Go?
Although it operates somewhat differently, a Smart DNS Proxy achieves the same objective as a VPN. The only difference is that, instead of encrypting and directing all device communication through a remote server, only the DNS queries are routed.
Setting up DNS servers is a little more complex than setting up a VPN. But you typically don’t need to download any additional software. Instead, DNS settings can be changed using the built-in settings on your device.
- Register with a Smart DNS proxy service.
- On the provider’s website, verify your app’s current IP address.
- In the settings tab of your machine, enter the primary and alternate DNS server addresses.
- Save your modifications and reboot your device.
- Navigate to the Sky Go website or use the Sky Go app and have fun!
Sky Go Subscription Cost
Sky Go is free for all Sky TV subscribers. Sky TV packages start from as low as 34.60 USD a month. You can get the Sky TV & Superfast Broadband package at 53.98 USD a month for 18 months, and they also give you an option to build your own customized bundle.
Sky Go Error Messages
Not using a VPN or using an unreliable VPN to access Sky Go will lead to the following error messages on Sky Go:
- “Failed to set location settings.”
- “Sky Go is only available to users connecting from within the UK or Republic of Ireland. You appear to be outside of these territories.”
- “This show is currently unavailable. Please try again later.”
- “Unfortunately, rights restrictions mean that this program is not currently available to watch on your device.”
- “Unknown error: please restart the app.”
- “Video unavailable.”
You can get rid of these error messages by using a reliable VPN like Express VPN.
Testing Methodologies for Sky Go VPN
Team Streamingrant regularly checks all the VPNs we suggest to guarantee they work as stated and satisfy our quality criteria.
We only suggest VPNs that successfully unblock Sky Go. We test each VPN client — both on web browsers (Windows and Mac) and on Android and iOS phones — for the following factors:
- Speed: By conducting frequent download speed testing in different places worldwide, we can provide the most recent speed statistics.
- Security: Encryption and leak prevention are significant priorities for every premium VPN.
- Streaming performance: Excellent download speeds and unblocking capabilities are essential for ensuring that a good VPN can easily unblock a broad range of streaming services, including Sky Go.
- Ability to circumvent censorship: If you wish to use Sky Go in areas with limited internet access, you should know if your VPN is capable of doing so.
- Customer care: If you have any issues with a VPN that you have paid for, help will be provided with one click only.
Sky Go Device Compatibility
You can watch Sky Go on the following list of devices:
- Android (Watch Sky Go on Android Devices)
- iOS (Access Sky Go on iOS Devices)
- PlayStation 3 & 4
- Xbox 360
Even though you can only access Sky Go on one device at a time, you can register up to six devices on one account. You also have the liberty to change the selected devices every month.
How to watch Sky Go on Android devices outside UK
You can watch Sky Go on Android 4.0.4 and the later versions by following the easy steps below:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Download the Sky Go Application from the Play Store.
- Use a reliable VPN and connect to its UK server.
- Open the Sky Go app, sign-in with your Sky ID and enjoy streaming.
How to watch Sky Go on iOS
iPhone users with iOS 8.1 or above can also access Sky Go by following the steps below:
- Open App store.
- Download and install the Sky Go application.
- Connect to a UK server using Express VPN.
- Open the Sky Go app and log in with your Sky ID.
- Select the TV channel that you want to watch.
Watch Sky Go on Roku
Sky Go is not yet available on Roku. However, you can watch Sky Go on your smartphone and use its screen mirroring function with Roku to view all great shows on the big screen.
Watch Sky Go on Firestick
The Sky Go application is not accessible on Firestick. The app is not yet enabled for Amazon Firestick devices. You may still download it on your Firestick by sideloading technique. Downloader, a third-party installer, is an option.
Watch Sky Go using Kodi outside UK
Follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a VPN and connect to a server in the UK (our recommendation is Express VPN).
- Click Kodi, navigate to the Main Menu, then select File Manager.
- Next, choose, “Add Source” then NONE.
- Check the box that says, “Enter name for the media source.”
- Go to Sky Go and press the OK button.
- Sky Go is now available on Kodi, with no limitations.
Watch sky Go on PS4
You can watch Sky Go on your PS4 by using the Sky Go app. However, remember that you must have a Sky Go account and active PlayStation. In addition, to allocate the Sky Go software, your PS4 hard drive should have 250 MB of least free space.
What Can I Watch on Sky Go?
Sky Go offers an on-demand library, the Premier League, live events, kid’s entertainment, and exciting sports. The following are some of the finest channels and shows you can enjoy on Sky Go outside UK:
Sky Go Channels
Sky Go is home to numerous popular channels offering a huge variety of content. Following are some of the most popular channels on Sky Go:
- All Sky Cinema channels.
- All Sky Sports channels.
- BT Sport 1/ BT Sport 2/ BT Sport 3
- BT Sport ESPN
- Premier Sports 1/ Premier Sports 2 star
- 5 USA
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
- RTÉ One/ RTÉ 2
- UTV Ireland
- Comedy Central
- ITV 4
- Sky Atlantic
Best Shows on Sky Go
Even though there are hundreds of shows available on Sky Go, we have compiled a list of the most popular ones below:
- Penny Dreadful
- Boardwalk Empire
- The Incredibles
- The Jinx: The Life and Death of Robert Durst
- True Detectives
- Big Little Lies
- The Outsider
- The Night
Watch the Primetime Emmys 2021 Awards on Sky Go
The much-awaited PrimeTime Emmys Awards will finally be held on September,19,2021 in Los Angeles — with a limited audience (nominees and guests only) who will be required to present vaccination certificates for entrance.
If you can’t wait to watch them but you can’t access them, You will be glad to learn that you can watch the Emmys Award 2021 on Sky Go very easily with the help of a premium VPN.
Can I watch Sky Go online outside UK?
Is it illegal to Watch Sky Go with a VPN?
No, it is not illegal to use a VPN to access Sky Go outside UK. There is no explicit regulation that forbids consumers from using a VPN while viewing Sky Go.
Does Sky Go work on FireStick?
Can I unblock Sky Go with Tor outside UK?
Yes, tor is a fantastic alternative for individuals outside UK who do not want to spend money to achieve their goals.
1. Install Tor.
2. After that, Set UK entry and then exit nodes.
3. Open the Sky Go official website.
Can I subscribe Sky Go outside UK?
If you want to subscribe to Sky Go but don’t have a Sky subscription, you’re in luck! Sky offers a Sky Go monthly ticket option that allows you to watch Sky Go without having to subscribe to SkyTV.
How many users can watch Sky Go simultaneously?
You can add up to six devices, and each additional device will be added immediately when you login into the Sky Go application with your Sky ID.
How much does a Sky Go subscription cost?
Sky Go is free for Sky TV members, so as long as you have a Sky subscription outside the UK, you may use it. Moreover, Sky TV packages cost as low as $34.60/month, and it’s Sky TV & Superfast Broadband package is $53.98/month for 18 months. Users can build a customized bundle of their own choice.
How can I watch Sky Go outside UK for free?
Follow the steps
- Download and set up the VPN.
- Start the VPN, select a server in the United Kingdom, and connect.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and reload the page.
Sky Go is an amazing streaming service, it consists of some amazing shows such as Chernobyl, The outlander, The incredible, and much more. The geo-restrictions make it a little discouraging for online streamers, but luckily, you can use a VPN like Express VPN to get Sky Go outside UK.