Are you wondering how to pay for Hulu in Japan? Watching Hulu can be challenging, but by using the best VPN for Hulu, you can pay for Hulu in Japan and enjoy watching all your desired content.
You wonder, “What forms of payment does Hulu accept?” Hulu payment options are virtual Gift Cards, iTunes, Prepaid cards, and StatesCard. Streaming watch Hulu in Japan is made easy with a VPN. Hulu isn’t officially available in Japan premises. We will tell you what are the best VPNs to watch Hulu.
Hulu detects your location based on your IP address, but a VPN enables you to use a US IP address. With this, you can easily pay for Hulu subscription costs and access its content, like The Secrets of Hillsong in Japan. Read on to know more!
How to Pay for Hulu in Japan in 2023? [3 Quick Steps]
Wondering out loud, “how do I pay for Hulu in Japan?” Here’s the 3-step simple process on how to pay for Hulu in Japan:
- Download a VPN like ExpressVPN that has fast speeds and a large USA
server network. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a US server to get a US IP address for Hulu account (Recommended: New York).
- Pay for Hulu subscription by purchasing a Hulu gift card from MyGiftCardSupply or using other payment methods.
Why You Need a VPN to Pay for Hulu in Japan?
Hulu’s availability is limited to the US only due to licensing restrictions. If you try to access it from another country, the platform uses strong geoblocks to prevent you from accessing its content. This means you’ll encounter an error message that reads:
“Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.”
This is because Hulu is geo-restricted with licensing agreements that limit its content to viewers in the United States. This means that if your IP address is detected as being in Japan, you won’t be able to access Hulu’s streaming services.
So, you might hear yourself ask, “how to use Hulu in Japan?” Simple, VPN. A VPN masks your IP address, allowing you to access Hulu in Japan by rerouting your traffic through a server in a different location.
This will make it appear as if you are in the correct licensed region for Hulu payment methods, making it easier for you to avail the service.
How to pay for Hulu in Japan without US Credit Card? [5 Easiest Ways]
Wondering with curiosity, “How do I pay my Hulu account?” You can consider the following quick steps before attempting any of the five methods to sign up for Hulu:
- Obtain a VPN. You can select any of the VPNs from my shortlist, but I suggest using ExpressVPN for its superior speed and multiple US server options.
- Connect to a server in the USA. Since Hulu is exclusive to the US, you must connect to a server in the country for Hulu login.
- Go to Hulu and subscribe to your favorite plan.
After that you can use any of the five Hulu payment methods to sign-up and watch the best movies on Hulu in Japan. Now let us show you how to pay for Hulu in Japan using a gift card.
Method 1. Use MyGiftCardSupply to Pay for Hulu in Japan
If you’re looking to subscribe to Hulu without credit card and asking around, “How do I pay for Hulu with a gift card?”, we got you covered. Here’s how to how to pay for Hulu in Japan using a virtual gift card:
- Sign-up for ExpressVPN and connect to its New York server.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and buy a Hulu gift card that matches your desired subscription level, ranging from $25 to $100.
- Ensure the gift card value matches your Hulu subscription price.
- Retrieve the code from your email. Once you receive the gift card, open the email and copy the code.
- Redeem the gift card. Visit Hulu’s redemption page, enter the code, and create an account using a US address and zip code to avoid registration errors.
- After Hulu payment methods, log in to your Hulu account or visit the Hulu website for Hulu login.
- Ensure your VPN is connected to a US server.
- That’s it. That’s how to sign-up for Hulu using a Hulu gift card.
Method 2. Use iTunes to Pay for Hulu in Japan
If subscribing to Hulu without credit cardis your forte then we got your back. Here’s how to how to pay for Hulu in Japan using iTunes:
- Sign-up for ExpressVPN and connect to its New York server.
- Set up a US iTunes account. Visit the Apple website and create a new account.
- Add fundsto your iTunes account. You can do this either directly through iTunes or by using a iTunes gift card.
- Download the Hulu app to your device. Search for “Hulu” in the app store and download the app.
- Sign in to your Hulu account. Use your login credentials and pay for a subscription plan or renew your existing subscription using the funds in your iTunes account.
- Start watching. Once you’ve completed these steps, you can start to watch Hulu in Japan.
Method 3. Use Prepaid US Card to Pay for Hulu in Japan
Here’s how to how to use Hulu in Japan and pay for Hulu in Japan using US Prepaid Card:
- Sign-up for a reliable VPN (Recommended: ExpressVPN).
- Launchits app and connect to its US server (Recommended: New York).
- Acquirea prepaid card issued by VISA or MasterCard. Make sure it is a US-issued card.
- Top-up money into the card. You can either do this directly or transfer funds from your bank account if permitted by the card.
- Log into your Hulu account. Visit the Hulu website, select a subscription plan, and provide the necessary information.
- Complete the registration process. Use your prepaid card to pay for the service. If the payment is unsuccessful, consider trying the gift card method instead.
- That’s it! Now get ready to stream Hulu in Japan.
Method 4. Use Paypal to Pay for Hulu in Japan
Here’s how to use Hulu in Japan and pay for Hulu in Japan using PayPal:
- Sign-up for an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Launch its app on your device and connect to the New York server.
- Open a PayPal account. Go to PayPal and ensure that you create a US-based account. Otherwise, it won’t be compatible with Hulu.
- Log in to your Hulu account. Use your login details to sign in to your Hulu account.
- Pay for your subscription. You can pay for your subscription using your PayPal account. If you’re a new customer, you may also be eligible for a free trial.
- Start watching Hulu in Japan.
Method 5. Use StatesCard to Pay for Hulu in Japan
Here’s how to use Hulu in Japan and pay for Hulu in Japan using StatesCard:
- Sign-up for one of ExpressVPN’s discount plans.
- Launch the app on your device and connect to an American server (Recommended: New York).
- Visit Hulu on your browser.
- Select “Start Your Free Trial.”
- Choose your plan.
- Fill in your personal information like you usually would and click “Continue.”
- Visit account.statescard.com and click the button to un-hide your StatesCard details. Take note of the card details and zip code provided for your StatesCard.
- On the Hulu payment page, choose “Credit Card,” fill in your StatesCard info as instructed, and click “Submit.”
- After the payment is processed, you can access your new Hulu account.
What are the Best VPNs to get Hulu in Japan in 2023? [In-Depth Analysis]
After extensive testing of 50+ VPNs, we have finally found the top three VPNs for streaming Hulu in Japan. These are:
These VPNs have stood the test of time VOD’s critical geo-blocking measuresfor you to pay for Hulu with Google Play.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Pay for Hulu in Japan
ExpressVPN is one of the top-notch VPN services that is perfected to watch Hulu in Japan. It pushes the bandwidth wagon to 89.78 Mb/sec and is a great option for binge-watchers to enjoy Hulu in Europe.
It has a diverse hub of more than 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, including servers in more than 25 US cities.
The speed test is a complete surprise, resulting in a high download speed of 89.78 Mb/second and an upload speed of 82.22 Mb/second, exceeding the 100 Mb/second base connection. We enjoyed streaming without any issues.
One of the best prospects of subscribing to ExpressVPN is the Mediastreamer (DNS) add-on, built for streaming content on hardware that is not configured for streaming (i.e: your Smart TVs and video game consoles).
It has broad OS support for Fire OS, Linux, iOS, Windows, and Roku, and is optimized for Hulu on Android in Japan.
You can secure up to five devices simultaneously with this VPN, making it convenient for protecting your iPhone, smart tablets, Android phones, MacBook, Xbox, iPad, Kindle Fire, and PC. Plus, it offers a lightweight, optimized app for PC.
With its no-logs policy and high-speed US data centers that offer 256-bit encryption, ExpressVPN is often overlooked. The encryption ensures that your web traffic is rigidly hidden in real time.
This VPN has a user-friendly roster of security features, including TrustedServer Security, split tunneling, lightway (UDP) protocol, API and network lock kill-switch.
To avoid Hulu Error P-dev318, and Hulu Error Code p-dev320 errors from happening, ExpressVPN also employs 24/7 customer reception with in-house representatives.
For the price of JPY 931.7 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan, you can get this exceptional VPN that is audited, fast, and extremely reliable.
2. Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Pay Hulu in Japan
Surfshark is the budget-fit pick for you to start streaming Hulu content in Japan. It costs JPY 321.28 /mo (US$ 2.30 /mo ) - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan stapled with a 30-day money-back guarantee, meaning it’s fit for streaming Hulu in Denmark.
It has an interconnected network of 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. This includes 600+ servers in 23 US cities for international binge-watchers and gamers that are trying to access US-based services.
Surfshark maintains high-speed connectivity, a fact that we observed in the speed test; 79.42 Mb/s uploading and 88.48 Mb/s downloading speed for our 100 Mbps standard ISP package. Interestingly, you can search for the fastest server from your area and will be connected to it promptly.
This VPN is perfected to work with macOS, Windows, iOS, Linux, ChromeOSand Android, making it the best VPN for Hulu. It has simple apps for devices, meaning you don’t need to be tech-savvy to install it on Android phones, iPad, iPhones, and laptops.
The best part of all: streamers enjoy unlimited simultaneous connections, meaning there’s no need to pay for more than a single sub. This VPN service employs AES-256 bit GCM protocol which makes it virtually impossible for hackers to chip in or chime while you watch Pandian Stores in Japan on Hulu.
It is packed with surprisingly good one-click features under a single UI-friendly app, including OpenVPN (UDP), bypasser, Shadowsocks, VPN kill-switch, P2P connections, and camouflage mode.
If you ever encounter a performance drop, you can consult the 24/7 live-chat forum to resolve your issue on time. If you want to cancel your plan, you can redeem the 30-day money-back guarantee via Surfshark customer care.
3. NordVPN – Largest Network VPN to Pay for Hulu in Japan
NordVPN has the largest server network VPN to watch Hulu in Japan. It has unbelievably good streaming capabilities and offers 5543+ servers in 60+ countries, making it possible for Hulu in the Philippines.
This VPN offers 10 Gbps servers that set a new standard for speed. On a speed test, this VPN delivered a promised 93.42 Mbps downloading and 87.68 Mbps uploading speed for my 100 Mbps ISP package. These servers run on RAM memory, meaning they can’t store your data.
This VPN is broad compatibility for major platforms, including iOS, macOS, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, and Android, to stream the best shows on Hulu.
You can get NordVPN for popular devices such as Firestick, iPhone, laptop, iPad, Android phones, laptop,s and Roku. You can enjoy up to six connections at a single time!
NordVPN comes with a preinstalled AES-256-bit protocol on all of its servers. It is compact and is an effective guard against hackers that are lurking on the internet.
In addition to this, the service is packed with next-gen features such as an ad-blocker, specialty servers, double VPN, streaming support, custom DNS, mesh net, and Nordlynx that drastically minimize your speed drops.
NordVPN has introduced a 24/7 live-chat help center to resolve issues on time. They can devise troubleshooting tips for you and offer courteous service when you need them the most.
The 2-year plan comes at a cheap rate of JPY 487.5 /mo (US$ 3.49 /mo ) - Save 60% on 2 Years Deal, and if you’re looking to cancel your plan, you can get in touch with the VPN’s live chat to redeem the promised 30-day money-back policy.
Can I use these ways to pay for a Hulu account on Apple, Android, or other streaming devices?
Yes, you can use all of the aforementioned Hulu payment options to pay for Hulu on iOS and Android devices, which can also be used on modern platforms such as Roku, Chromecast, Kodi, and Fire TV.
To get started on Hulu payment options, ensure that you have a reliable VPN that works with Hulu and is compatible with your preferred device. Afterward, follow the steps provided to log in to your Hulu account and select a payment method for your subscription.
Can you use Google Play to pay for Hulu?
If you have a compatible Android mobile or Android TV device and an active Google Play account, you have the option to pay for Hulu directly through Google.
To verify if you are being billed through Google, simply navigate to the Payment Information section of your Hulu Account page. The billing party for your Hulu subscription will be listed there. Interestingly, you can even pay for Hulu with Google Play.
What should I do if my VPN is not able to unblock Hulu for payment processing?
Sometimes, Hulu may encounter playback issues on certain devices due to compatibility or performance problems. In such cases, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
- Ensure that you have updated your VPN app to the latest version.
- Attempt to use a different server from your VPN‘s list of US servers if the IP address you are using has been blocked from accessing Hulu.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache, which may be used to track your location and prevent access to the platform.
- Contact customer support for assistance with identifying a server that can access Hulu and provide a detailed explanation of your issue to expedite the process.
Why is Hulu not accepting my card?
Why does Hulu keep saying I need to update billing info if it's not my account?
Can I pay for Hulu subscription through Amazon in Japan?
How can I create a Hulu account without a credit card in Japan?
Is Hulu streaming available for free in Japan?
Does Hulu accept international payments?
In brief, a trustworthy VPN can help you on how to pay for Hulu in Japan. Simply connect to a US server to obtain an American IP address and check our 3 easiest step guide.
You can ask, What forms of payment does Hulu accept? As of now, the streaming service is optimized to transact with virtual Gift Cards, iTunes US, Prepaid US cards, PayPal, and even StatesCard. We personally recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for Hulu.