9 Now is an Australian streaming service broadcasting fantastic shows and movies like Almost Human, Grey’s Anatomy, Call the Midwife, Saving Hope and Game of Silence. If you want to get 9Now on TV in New Zealand, keep reading our guide!
If you are wondering what is channel 9now, it is an on-demand video content service operated by Nine Network. It was launched in January 2016.
The best thing about 9 NOW is that it is a free-of-cost streaming service. To watch 9 Now for free on Television, you need to first activate the channel using the website or app on your PC or smartphone.
You can watch 9 Now on almost all the streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Hisense TV, Chromecast, Android TV, smartphones, tablet, PC, Freeview Plus, Samsung TV, LG TV, Telstra TV, Foxtel IQ, and a few more.
If you are traveling or currently residing in a region where 9Now is unavailable, you can use a VPN to watch 9Now in New Zealand. It will help you trick the streaming platform into assuming that you are located in Australia. We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for streaming.
We connected to the Melbourne server on ExpressVPN and enjoyed watching Love Island on 9Now in New Zealand.
Let’s see in our quick guide the steps to connect 9 Now on your TV.
How to get 9Now on TV in New Zealand [Quick Guide]
You can get 9Now on TV in New Zealand either through a PC or smartphone/tablet. Please note that you need to perform these steps one time only or when the 9Now app is updated.
Connect 9Now on your TV using a PC
Here are the easy steps to activate 9Now to your TV using a PC:
- Go to the 9Now website. On the homepage choose Connect your TV.
- Sign in to your 9Now account. If you don’t have an account, choose 9Now sign up.
- Now launch 9Now on TV. Select the show channel or live TV you want to watch.
- A login screen will appear. Choose log in.
- A code will appear on your TV screen. Enter this code on your 9Now account screen on your PC.
- You will receive a notification on your PC saying ‘hand tight, your code is being submitted. Now, wait for 20-30 seconds for your TV to connect. The show will start playing on your TV screen.
Connect 9Now on your TV using a smartphone or tablet
Here are the quick steps to connect 9Now on your TV using a smartphone or tablet:
- On your smartphone or tablet go to the 9Now app.
- Now choose the 9Now login option.
- Navigate to the menu and choose Connect your TV from the options.
- Launch 9Now on the TV. Choose a show or live TV channel you want to watch. A screen will appear on your screen asking you to log in. Choose log in.
- A code will appear on your TV screen. On your smartphone or tablet enter this code.
- You will get a notification on your tablet or smartphone screen saying ‘hand tight, your code is being submitted’. Wait for a few seconds for your TV to activate/connect. The show or live TV you selected will start playing on your TV.
How to Install & Activate 9Now on a Samsung TV in New Zealand?
If you are using Samsung TV, and want to activate 9Now on it, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the App Store on your Samsung TV.
- Find 9Now in the search option.
- On the drop-down option, choose 9Now and then choose download.
- Once the app is installed, open it and choose the 9Now login option. If you don’t have an account, choose 9Now signup.
- Now go to the activate option on the 9Now website.
- Sign in and then you will see a code. Enter this code on your Samsung TV.
- Now you can see 9Now on your Samsung TV.
Popular shows to watch on 9Now in New Zealand
Wondering what to watch on 9Now? Below we have shared a list of popular shows on this streaming platform. You can watch a variety of on-demand and catch-up content on 9Now.
Here are the popular shows on 9Now:
|House of the Dragon||Under the Banner of Heaven|
|Modern Family||My Brilliant Friend|
|Only Murders in the Building||Slow Horses|
|The Split||The White Lotus|
|She-Hulk: Attorney at Law||The Walking Dead|
How do I download 9Now app in New Zealand?
How do I add 9Now to my Sony Smart TV in New Zealand?
- Go to the Google Play Store from the home screen.
- Find the 9Now app in the categories or search for it by typing the name. Select it.
- Now choose install.
- Choose accept to begin the installation and follow the prompts on the screen.
Why Is 9Now Not Working On Your TV in New Zealand?
Does 9Now Cost You Money in New Zealand?
We hope our quick guide helped you understand how to get 9Now on TV in New Zealand. The steps for 9Now activation are easy to follow and do not need you to have much technical know-how.
If you are traveling outside Australia and want to activate 9Now there, remember to use ExpressVPN to bypass the geo-restrictions. With the help of a VPN, you can unblock all the best streaming services of Australia in any region. Don’t worry about legal issues, as it is legal to use VPNs for streaming.
So grab some popcorn and binge-watch. 9Now has many channels including 9Gem, 9Go, Channel 9, and 9life. You can even use Chromecast, Roku or AirPlay to watch 9Now shows and keep yourself entertained all the time.
If you have any further queries regarding 9Now connecting your TV or any streaming platform, feel free to ask us in the comments section. We’d be glad to help you. Happy Streaming!