Are you looking for ways to watch YouTube TV in Canada? You have come to the right place as we have shared the simple steps to stream YouTube TV in Canada using a VPN in this guide.
Why do you need a VPN to watch YouTube TV?
You need a VPN to access YouTube TV in Canada as it is only directly accessible in the USA. Even if you are an American citizen traveling abroad, you will not be able to directly access the service from any other region. YouTube TV servers can detect your DNS and IP address, and you will see this screen:
To bypass this geo-restriction, you will have to use a VPN as it will spoof your location, making it impossible for the host servers to detect your location and block you. VPNs are the best options for unblocking any geo-restricted site as it helps you access the platform and hides your identity. You can use a VPN to watch American Netflix in Canada as well.
Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Canada in 2021
After testing tens of VPNs, we have shortlisted the 3 best VPNs for YouTube TV in Canada as follows:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada. It offers 3000+ servers from 90+ countries, with 300 servers from 24 American locations. ExpressVPN’s speed and unlimited bandwidth make it a reliable VPN.
With their limited time special offer you can get 12 months of unlimited access plus an extra 3 months (free), giving you their services at $6.67/mo. Also, we tested ExpressVPN for potential leaks and found that it has no DNS leaks.
2. Surfshark – Affordable VPN for unblocking YouTube TV in Canada
Surfshark is an affordable VPN option for unblocking YouTube TV in Canada. It has over 1700+ servers in 63 countries and 500+ dedicated servers from 20 US cities. You can share your Surfshark account with your friends and family as well because it allows unlimited multi-logins.
Surfshark charges $2.49/mo for its 2-year package and is thus an affordable VPN option. Surfshark applies WireGuard tunneling protocol in the VPN industry and protects your data through it. It secures users’ data from hackers by various protocols, including OpenVPN, IPsec, IKEv2, and Shadowshocks.
3. NordVPN – Popular VPN for watching YouTube TV in Canada
NordVPN is a popular VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada. It has 1970 servers in the US so that you can easily unblock YouTube TV in Canada. Overall, 5500+ servers from 59 countries at $4.89/mo (2-year plan) make this a good choice.
NordVPN allows up to 6 simultaneous connections. It AES 256-bit encryption with a strict no-logs policy with the surety of no IP or DNS leaks. More features like kill switch, dedicated streaming mode, and friendly user-interface make this VPN a popular choice.
YouTube TV Canada Subscription Cost
YouTube TV’s basic subscription plan costs USD 64.99/month, equivalent to CAD 81.58/month. You can get yourself a maximum of six accounts.
They will give you a 5-day free trial, and the subscription will unlock your access to 90+ channels on YouTube TV. Additionally, you can get traditional services for an extra amount of USD 37/month, equivalent to CAD 46.44/month.
How to get a US PayPal account to sign up for YouTube TV in Canada
You need to get a US PayPal account to sign up for YouTube TV in Canada, as you will be required to pay for your subscription once your trial expires.
You may ask a friend living in the US to give you a US PayPal account, or you can create a PayPal account yourself by following the steps below:
- Connect to ExpressVPN‘s US server.
- Visit PayPal’s official page.
- Sign up for a new PayPal account.
- Enter the required details to continue the registration process.
- You’ll be asked to enter a valid US zip code. (Search for a valid US zip code on google according to your server’s connected region).
- Now, create a new Gmail account and choose the United States as your country.
- Now visit YouTube TV’s official page.
- Sign up with your new US Gmail account.
- Select PayPal as your payment option.
- Enjoy watching YouTube TV in Canada.
YouTube TV Canada Compatible Devices
You can watch YouTube TV in Canada on the following devices:
- Android (Watch YouTube TV on Android Devices)
- Apple TV (Watch YouTube TV on Apple TV)
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
How to unblock YouTube TV in Canada on Android devices
Follow the steps below to access YouTube TV on your Android devices:
- Connect to ExpressVPN‘s US server.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the app store.
- Install the app and open it.
- Select “Try it Free“, and sign up for the account.
- Verify your location after signing in to the account.
- Check the TV Networks available in your region.
- Follow the steps according to the instructions.
- Enjoy watching YouTube TV in Canada.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
You will have to change the location of your Apple Store, just like you had to do on Android devices. Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV in Canada on iPhone and iPad:
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device.
- Click on your profile and tap on the “Media & Purchases”.
- Now, tap on “View Account” and enter a“Passcode” or “Touch ID”. This is needed for verification.
- Click on “Country/Region” and then click on “Change Country or Region”.
- Select the United States and click “Agree” when the “Terms and Conditions” page prompts.
- You will have to enter a USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 Monroe Avenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Click “Done” wait for it to be updated.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the USA. Go to App Store and download the YouTube TV app.
- After downloading the YouTube TV app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
Canada – YouTube TV On a 4K Firestick?
Yes, you can install YouTube TV on a 4K Firestick but you will have to download the APK and use ExpressVPN to unblock it in Canada.
How to watch YouTube TV on Apple TV
To watch YouTube TV on an Apple TV, you need to follow the steps below:
- Visit ExpressVPN’s Setup page and get your MediaStreamer DNS IP address
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Select Network, and select WiFi.
- Select your connected WiFi to see its settings.
- Look for the Configure DNS option.
- Select Manual, and enter the previously noted MediaStreamer DNS IP Address.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Launch the App Store.
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the app store and download its app.
- Install the YouTube TV on your Apple TV.
- Open the app and log in to enjoy streaming.
What channels are on YouTube TV Canada
YouTube TV lets you watch more than 85 channels, so that you may stream all of your favorite channels. Some of the available channels on YouTube TV can be seen in the image below:
What to Watch on YouTube TV in Canada
YouTube TV has numerous channels in its library, providing access to movies, TV shows, Live shows, and live Sports. Check out the lists below to see what you can watch on YouTube TV in Canada:
Following are the best TV shows available on YouTube TV Canada:
- Mare of Easttown
- The Deceived
- Queen of South
- Feel Good
- In treatment
- New Amsterdam
- 13 Reasons Why
Following are the 5 best YouTube originals that you must watch:
- Step Up
- Paranormal Action Squad
You can watch Live Shows on YouTube TV through 85+ channels including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, HGTV, TNT, etc.
Watch Summer Olympics 2021 on Youtube TV in Canada
You can also watch Summer Olympics 2021 on YouTube TV in Canada, as it has sports channels like ESPN, FOX, FS1, etc.
For further details, you can follow our guide: How to Watch the Tokyo Olympics 2021
What is YouTube TV?
Is YouTube TV available in Canada?
How much does YouTube TV cost in Canada?
When is YouTube TV coming to Canada?
Does YouTube TV work in Canada with VPN?
Chromecast with YouTube TV in Canada in 2021?
YouTube TV throws an error when signing up: Failed to purchase. Try again
Is YouTube TV free with Amazon Prime?
After reading this blog you must now be acquainted with the steps to watch YouTube TV in Canada. You may choose from our list of the best VPNs to access YouTube TV in Canada and enjoy watching your favorite channels.