Are you looking for ways to watch YouTube TV in Australia? Well, why wouldn’t you? From the mysteries of 13 reasons why to comedy-thriller Killing Eve to fantasy adventure Jumanji and all the latest matches of NFL 2021, the subscription streaming service offers live TV, on-demand video, and cloud-based DVR from over 85 television networks.
So, you have come to the right place as in this guide we have shared the simple steps to stream YouTube TV using a VPN.
We have also mentioned the three best VPNs to unblock YouTube TV. Moreover, we have also shared the steps to sign up for YouTube TV.
Our quick guide includes the simplest ways to watch and stream all your favorite shows — including the Primetime Emmys 2021 Awards on YouTube TV
Why do you need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia?
You need a VPN to access YouTube TV as it is only directly accessible in the USA. Even if you are an American citizen traveling abroad, you will not be able to directly access the service from any other region. YouTube TV servers can detect your DNS and IP address, and you will see this screen:
You will see the following error message if you try to access YouTube TV in Australia:
“It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the US.”
To bypass this geo-restriction, you will have to use a VPN as it will spoof your location, making it impossible for the host servers to detect your location and block you. VPNs are the best options for unblocking any geo-restricted site as it helps you access the platform and hides your identity.
Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
The 3 best VPNs for unblocking YouTube TV in Australia are as follows:
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia
After testing 20+ VPNs, we recommend ExpressVPN to watch YouTube in Australia as it not only unblocks YouTube but also proved to be the fastest in terms of speed.
In the speed tests we conducted, it managed to offer a download speed of 93.42 Mbps and upload speed of 56.67 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
It is clearly a giant in the industry, rightfully popular because of its amazing speed and security features, and its larger network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries. It has AES 256-bit encryption, It gives you the perfect streaming of all the geo-restricted content. You can connect 5 devices simultaneously on one account and stream with unlimited bandwidth.
With their limited time special offer you can get 12 months of unlimited access plus an extra 3 months (free), giving you their services at $6.67/mo. Also, we tested ExpressVPN for potential leaks and found that it has no DNS leaks.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for unblocking YouTube TV in Australia
Surfshark is an affordable VPN option for unblocking YouTube TV. Surfshark charges $2.49/mo for its 2-year package and is thus an affordable VPN option. You can share your Surfshark account with your friends and family as well because it allows unlimited multi-logins. It has over 1700+ servers in 63 countries and 500+ dedicated servers from 20 US cities.
Surfshark applies WireGuard tunneling protocol in the VPN industry and protects your data through it. It secures users’ data from hackers by various protocols, including OpenVPN, IPsec, IKEv2, and Shadowshocks.
When tested, it managed to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 79.47 Mbps and upload speed of 39.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network for watching YouTube TV in Australia
NordVPN has many servers to watch YouTube TV. It has an overall, 5200+ servers from 60 countries. You can subscribe to it in $3.30/mo (VPN Awareness Month - 2 year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE) for (2-year plan).
NordVPN allows up to 6 simultaneous connections. It has AES 256-bit encryption with a strict no-logs policy with the surety of no IP or DNS leaks. More features like Kill switch, dedicated streaming mode, and friendly user interface make this VPN a popular choice.
It manages to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 85.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 42.18 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
How to Choose the best VPN for YouTube TV in Australia
You must know the specific features to consider while selecting the best VPN for YouTube TV. The main characteristics that you must consider include the number of servers, security, reliability, speed, trustworthiness, and overall functionality. A good VPN should be able to do the following things:
- It must have strong servers to bypass geo-blocks on all streaming services.
- The VPN should have a multi-login policy.
- It should have AES 256-encryption and security features like Kill switch, and DNS leaks protection.
- Your VPN should also have a no-logs policy.
How to fix YouTube TV VPN/proxy detected error
While accessing YouTube TV with a free VPN or a paid VPN with weak security protocols you may come across an error of proxy/VPN detection. Since YouTube TV has very strong security protocols, it can easily detect weak VPNs and block them. To get rid of this error, you will need a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN with AES 256-encryption and strong servers in the USA.
Is it possible to Watch YouTube TV in Australia with a Free VPN?
Yes, it is possible to stream YouTube in Australia by using a free VPN. But using a free VPN is unsafe. Free VPNs for YouTube have a limited number of servers and frequently prohibit your connection. This suggests you should not use a free VPN to unblock Australian broadcasters.
A premium VPN service is the best method to stream YouTube TV. As a result, our recommendation is to use a VPN such as ExpressVPN to maintain consistent connectivity.
How to create a YouTube TV account in Australia:
We’ve already discussed how to use a VPN to watch YouTube TV from Australia. What if you don’t have a YouTube TV account? In this part, we’ll go through three different methods for getting a YouTube TV subscription from Australia.
How to get a US PayPal account to sign up for YouTube TV
You need to get a US PayPal account to sign up for YouTube TV, as you will be required to pay for your subscription once your trial expires.
You may ask a friend living in the US to give you a US PayPal account, or you can create a PayPal account yourself by following the steps below:
- Connect to ExpressVPN‘s US server.
- Visit PayPal’s official page.
- Sign up for a new PayPal account.
- Enter the required details to continue the registration process.
- You’ll be asked to enter a valid US zip code. (Search for a valid US zip code on google according to your server’s connected region).
- Now, create a new Gmail account and choose the United States as your country.
- Now visit YouTube TV’s official page.
- Sign up with your new US Gmail account.
- Select PayPal as your payment option.
Sign-Up using your friend’s or relative’s card
If you have a friend or family in the United States, you may get their credit card information and use it to set up a YouTube TV account from Australia. The procedure will be the same as the above except for the billing data.
Sign-up for a YouTube TV account in Australia using a gift card
A YouTube gift card may also be used to obtain a YouTube TV account in Australia. A YouTube TV gift card can be obtained via YouTube’s Amazon Store. I recommend that you purchase at least an 81.29 AUD gift card to prevent any tax problems later on. After you’ve received a YouTube TV gift card, go to youtube.com/redeem to redeem it and acquire a YouTube TV membership in Australia.
YouTube TV Subscription Cost
YouTube TV’s basic subscription plan costs USD 64.99/month, equivalent to AUD 87.64/month. You can get yourself a maximum of six accounts.
They will give you a 5-day free trial, and the subscription will unlock your access to 90+ channels on YouTube TV. Additionally, you can get traditional services for an extra amount of USD 37/month, equivalent to AUD 50.16/month.
YouTube TV Australia Compatible Devices
You can watch YouTube TV on the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
How to unblock YouTube TV on Android devices
Follow the steps below to access YouTube TV on your Android devices:
- Connect to ExpressVPN‘s US server.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the Play store.
- Install the app and open it.
- Select “Try it Free”, and sign up for the account.
- Verify your location after signing in to the account.
- Check the TV Networks available in your region.
- Follow the steps according to the instructions.
How to Get YouTube TV on iPhone/iPad?
You will have to change the location of your Apple Store, just like you had to do on Android devices. Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on iPhone and iPad:
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device.
- Click on your profile and tap on the “Media & Purchases”.
- Now, tap on “View Account” and enter a“Passcode” or “Touch ID”. This is needed for verification.
- Click on “Country/Region” and then click on “Change Country or Region”.
- Select the United States and click “Agree” when the “Terms and Conditions” page prompts.
- You will have to enter a USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 MonroeAvenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Click “Done” wait for it to be updated.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the USA. Go to App Store and download the YouTube TV app.
- After downloading the YouTube TV app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
How to watch YouTube TV on Apple TV
To watch YouTube TV on an Apple TV, you need to follow the steps below:
- Visit ExpressVPN’s Setup page and get your MediaStreamer DNS IP address
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Select Network, and select WiFi.
- Select your connected WiFi to see its settings.
- Look for the Configure DNS option.
- Select Manual, and enter the previously noted MediaStreamer DNS IP Address.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Launch the App Store.
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the app store and download its app.
- Install the YouTube TV on your Apple TV.
- Open the app and log in to enjoy streaming.
YouTube TV On a 4K Firestick?
Yes, you can install YouTube TV on a 4K Firestick but you will have to download the APK and use ExpressVPN to unblock it in Australia.
What channels are on YouTube TV Australia
YouTube TV lets you watch more than 85 channels. Some of the available channels on YouTube TV can be seen in the image below:
What to Watch on YouTube TV?
YouTube TV has numerous channels in its library, providing access to movies, TV shows, Live shows, and live Sports. Check out the lists below to see what you can watch on YouTube TV:
Following are the best TV shows available on YouTube TV Canada:
- Good girls
- The Chair
- Bachelor in Paradise
- Welcome to Plathville
- Fantasy Island
- Little things
- Black widow
- The Empty Man
- Fantasy Island
- Suicide Squad
Watch the Primetime Emmys 2021 Awards on YouTubeTV
The much-awaited PrimeTime Emmys Awards will finally be held on September,19,2021 in Los Angeles — with a limited audience (nominees and guests only) who will be required to present vaccination certificates for entrance.
If you can’t wait to watch them but you can’t access them, You will be glad to learn that you can watch the Emmys Award 2021 on YoutubeTV very easily with the help of a premium VPN.
Is YouTube TV available in Australia?
When is YouTube TV coming to Australia?
Can I use YouTube TV on multiple devices?
Does YouTube TV work in Australia with VPN?
Can I change the location on YouTube TV?
Is there a difference between YouTube and YouTube TV?
After reading this blog you must now be acquainted with the steps to watch YouTube TV in Australia. You may choose from our list of the best VPNs to access YouTube TV and enjoy watching your favorite channels.