If you are looking for a way to watch YouTube TV outside the USA, you have come to the right place. We have shared the five steps to access YouTube TV outside the USA in our easy guide.
You’re probably all the more interested in YouTube TV after learning that YouTube TV is among all the channels where you can watch the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
YouTube TV provides live and on-demand content from more than 85+ channels of different genres like news, sports, movies, TV shows, and much more. However, YouTube TV geo-restricts its content, and people residing outside the USA cannot directly access it.
You can unblock YouTube TV outside the USA by using a VPN that has the unblocking capability and high-speed servers in the USA. We have also listed the three best VPNs to unblock YouTube TV anywhere.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV
You need a VPN to watch YouTube TV outside the USA because it is an American streaming platform and like many other streaming platforms, it has geo-restricted its content. If you try accessing the service anywhere outside the USA, your screen will display the following message:
People residing outside the USA cannot access YouTube TV directly, as the service is blocked in their region. To bypass this geo-restriction, you will need a VPN with ser that can easily unblock any website and has optimized servers for streaming.
How to Choose the best VPN for YouTube TV outside the USA
You must know the specific features to consider while selecting the best VPN for YouTube TV. The main characteristics that you must consider include the number of servers, security, reliability, speed, trustworthiness, and overall functionality. A good VPN should be able to do the following things:
- It must have strong servers to bypass geoblocking on all streaming services.
- The selected VPN should have a good number of servers, esp in the specific region that you want to connect to.
- It should have AES 256-encryption and security features like kill switch, and DNS leaks protection.
- Your VPN should also have a no-logs policy.
Best VPNs for YouTube TV in 2021
Following are the three most recommended VPN providers for unblocking YouTube TV from anywhere:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to unblock YouTube TV outside the USA
ExpressVPN is our top recommendation to unblock YouTube TV outside the USA. With 3000+ servers from 94 countries and AES 256-bit encryption, ExpressVPN gives you the perfect streaming of all the geo-restricted content. You can connect 5 devices simultaneously on one account and stream with unlimited bandwidth.
However, the prices of ExpressVPN are a bit higher than other competitors as it charges $6.67/mo. Other than that, it supports all the major platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Firestick. You can also use ExpressVPN to access PBS outside the US, and watch Sling TV outside the USA.
2. Surfshark – Pocket-friendly VPN to access YouTube TV outside US
Surfshark is an affordable VPN for accessing YouTube TV outside the USA. It offers 3200+ servers from 61+ countries. Its high-speed servers let you have a smooth streaming experience.
Surfshark is highly reliable because of the AES 256- bit encryption and other amazing safety features. Unlimited logins and pricing as low as $2.49/mo are the other features that make it one of the best choices in the VPN industry. Surfshark can also unblock Fox Sports Go outside US and let you watch Adult Swim outside the USA.
3. NordVPN – Trusted VPN to stream YouTube TV outside the USA
NordVPN is another great VPN for accessing YouTube TV content from anywhere. It is popular in the VPN industry due to its combination of robust security, fast speed, and budget-friendly prices. With 5000+ servers from 60 countries and AES 256 encryption, it is a good choice to stream YouTube TV outside the USA.
It offers a 5-year plan at $3.33/mo. NordVPN ensures no DNS or IP leaks and has a strict no-logs policy. Moreover, it allows six simultaneous connections, enabling you and your family or friends to share a single account for secure streaming. NordVPN can let you unblock Sky Go outside the UK via its servers in the UK, and also access Rai TV outside Italy with its Italian servers.
How to sign up for YouTube TV outside the US
You can easily create a YouTube TV account outside the US if you have an American registered card or PayPal account. Follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its app for your device.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a US server.
- Visit YouTube TV’s official website.
- Click on “Try it Free.”
- Enter your relevant information to sign up.
- Go through the steps and complete the sign-up process.
- Click on “Start Free Trial.”
- Enter a US zip code (Search for it on Google).
- Choose your plan and then click on “Check Out.”
- Enter your billing details to complete the process.
- Enjoy watching YouTube TV outside the USA with your newly registered account.
Also Read: Unblock YouTube TV in Canada
How to fix YouTube TV VPN/proxy detected error
While accessing YouTube TV with a free VPN or a paid VPN with weak security protocols you may come across an error of proxy/VPN detection. Since YouTube TV has very strong security protocols, it can easily detect weak VPNs and block them. To get rid of this error, you will need a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN with AES 256-encryption and strong servers in the USA.
Should I use a free VPN to Watch YouTube TV?
No, free VPNs are highly not recommended to watch YouTube TV outside the US. Free VPNs have weak security protocols, and they can not bypass strong geo-restrictions of streaming platforms like YouTube TV. Not only will you fail to access YouTube TV, but you will also end up losing all your private information to unsafe hands.
Hence, using a free VPN to access YouTube TV is highly disregarded. Also, free VPNs are infamous for selling the information of their users to third parties. Hence, you should always use a paid VPN like ExpressVPN to access YouTube TV anywhere outside the USA. You can use a paid VPN to access YouTube TV in Australia as well.
YouTube TV Device Compatibility
You can watch YouTube TV outside the USA on the following devices:
- Android (Unblock YouTube TV on Android devices)
- Apple TV (Access YouTube TV on Apple TV)
- FireStick (Watch YouTube TV on FireStick)
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
How to unblock YouTube TV outside the US on Android devices
Follow the steps below to access YouTube TV on your Android devices:
- Use a reliable VPN and connect to its US servers.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the app store.
- Install the app and open it.
- Select “Try it Free“, and sign up for the account.
- Verify your location after signing in to the account.
- Check the TV Networks available in your region.
- Follow the steps according to the instructions.
- Enjoy watching YouTube TV outside the USA.
How to watch YouTube TV on an Apple TV
To watch YouTube TV on an Apple TV, you need to follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Apple TV and open your App Store.
- Search for “YouTube TV” in the app store and download its app.
- Install the YouTube TV on your Apple TV.
- Open the app and log in to enjoy streaming.
Note: If you access YouTube TV from outside the USA, then you will need to connect to a VPN first and then follow the above steps.
How to access YouTube TV on Firestick
You can access YouTube TV on Firestick by following the steps below:
- Turn on your Fire TV and go to Settings.
- Select Fire TV and then select Developer Options.
- Select “Allow Apps from Unknown Sources.”
- Click on the “Search” button on your FireStick Home.
- Search for the “Silk Browser” and proceed with installing it.
- Open your Silk Browser and access YouTube TV’s official website.
- Sign in to your account and enjoy streaming on YouTube TV.
List of Channels on YouTube TV
YouTube TV lets you watch more than 85 channels, so that you may stream all of your favorite channels. Some of the available channels on YouTube TV can be seen in the image below:
Best TV Shows on YouTube TV
- Fear the Walking Dead
- The Vikings
- Game of Thrones
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Wentworth Prison
- Better Call Saul
Best Movies on YouTube TV
- Mile 22
- The War with Grandpa
- The Witches
- After We Collided
- The Dark Knight
- Triple Frontier
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
Live Stream Tokyo Olympics 2021 on YouTube TV
Currently, one of the best things about YouTube TV is that you can live stream Tokyo Olympics 2021 on it. After a long and dramatic pause, the Summer Games 2020 are FINALLY here and you wouldn’t want to miss them for anything.
The Games will feature 33 sports in 339 events across 42 venues this year, with the addition of multiple new sports such as karate, skateboarding, sport climbing and surfing.
So, go ahead and watch the Summer Olympics 2021 right now! Of course, as mentioned above, if you’re outside the US for whatever reason, you’ll need a VPN to access it.
Can I watch YouTube TV outside the US?
How do I get YouTube TV outside the US?
What countries is YouTube TV available in?
Can you change the location on YouTube TV?
Can I use YouTube TV in two locations?
Does YouTube TV work with VPN?
How much is YouTube TV monthly?
How to cancel YouTube TV Subscription
- Open the YouTube TV application on your device.
- If you don’t have an app, then access tv.youtube.com on a web browser.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Membership.
- If you want to pause your membership, select Pause or select “Cancel” to cancel your membership.
Let’s Watch YouTube TV Outside the USA
I hope that you are aware of the procedure of unblocking YouTube TV outside the USA and the best VPNs you can use to watch it. Using a premium VPN like the ones I have mentioned in this guide is necessary when trying to bypass a site’s geo-restriction.
I have always forbidden people not to use a free VPN because it can jeopardize their safety and privacy. You may have to spend a few dollars but trust me; it is worth the security and experience.
Access YouTube TV and watch shows like The Walking Dead, Yellowstone, Super Natural, This is Us, and Good Doctor. If you are a sports fan, then you can watch channels like ESPN, Fox Sports 1 & 2, Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, MLB Network, NBCSN, and many more.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?