You will need a VPN to watch Disney Plus from anywhere in the world. We will teach you the easy steps to access Disney+ and will discuss which VPN is best for unblocking and streaming Disney Plus service from anywhere.
People residing in other regions can not access this service because it is geo-restricted. The only way to access this service in the region is through a VPN. You can see why you need a VPN to access Disney Plus later in this guide.
Before choosing a VPN provider, make sure you check out the VPN selection criteria discussed below in this guide.
Best VPNs for Disney Plus (Updated March 2021)
You must be wondering which VPN works best for Disney plus. Well, after pondering over all the important points that I have discussed above and testing numerous VPN providers, I have shortlisted the following five best VPNs for Disney Plus.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch Disney Plus
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to unblock Disney Plus from anywhere in the world. It is a giant in the cybersecurity industry with a vast network of 3000+ fast and secure servers in 94 countries. It is also among the few VPN providers that can bypass Disney Plus geo-restrictions easily. You can now get a 49% discount on their regular monthly price by getting their special deal at $6.67 per month for 15 months.
With its 256-bit military-grade encryption, your online identity will stay safe, and you will experience no IP or DNS leaks. Another reason for its popularity is its security features like the AES 256-bit encryption, split tunneling, kill switch feature, a strict no-logs policy, and 24/7 live chat support. ExpressVPN is compatible with all the major operating systems like Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, etc. It allows 5 simultaneous connections, which is a very decent amount.
2. Surfshark – Affordable VPN for watching Disney Plus
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN to watch Disney Plus anywhere. One of the main reasons for its popularity is its fantastic speed, server variety, and the fact that it unblocks Disney Plus easily. It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries that are secure and optimal for streaming in terms of speed. All of its servers have AES 256-bit encryption protocol and they guarantee no IP or DNS leaks.
It supports all the major OS like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux. It also has a dedicated app for Firestick and FireTV devices for those of you who wish to use Disney Plus on FireStick.
One of the best things that I like about Surfshark is that it has no limits on simultaneous connections. It means that you can use your account simultaneously on numerous devices. Finally, it is a great solution for unblocking all of the major platforms like Disney Plus, Hulu, and Netflix instantly without any hassle.
3. NordVPN – Trusted VPN for unblocking Disney+
NordVPN is another favorable option to unblock Disney+ anywhere in the world. It has 5470 servers in 59 countries and offers optimal security.
NordVPN has all of the features you look for in an elite VPN provider, but it also has some unique features like Double VPN and Cyber Sec. It allows 6 multi-logins with the same account, and for all of this, it charges only $3.71/mo on its 3-year package.
4. PureVPN – Popular VPN for Disney Plus
PureVPN is another popular option among users for unblocking Disney Plus anywhere in the world. It is a pocket-friendly VPN because it charges $3.33/mo and offers 6500+ servers in 140 countries. All of its servers are protected with military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol. PureVPN has a strict no-logs policy, and it ensures no IP and DNS leaks.
It supports all popular platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, etc. It is also equipped with all the necessary safety features like an internet kill switch, dedicated IP, and even 24/7 live chat support. It offers 10 multi-logins for you to stream your favorite content along with your family and friends.
5. CyberGhost – VPN with unique unblocking features
CyberGhost is a unique VPN for Disney+ as it has a huge network of 5900 servers in 89 countries. The best thing about this VPN is that it has servers in all countries that host Disney+ service, which will help you in streaming without any lags or bandwidth division.
CyberGhost charges $2.75/mo for its 3-years package and offers top-of-the-line safety features like strong 256-bit encryption, dedicated IP, Wi-Fi protection, 7 simultaneous connections, and has a strict no-logs policy.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Disney Plus from anywhere?
The most anticipated online streaming service, Disney Plus, launched in November 2019 with a bang. Though it was much hyped and people worldwide were looking forward to it, the service is currently available in around 30 regions only.
Some of the prominent regions where Disney Plus is available are the USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Australia, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Japan, Belgium, etc. Disney+ is planning to expand its network gradually throughout the world. If the service is not yet available in your region, then the chances are that you might have to wait for some time for your turn.
The service is still not available in a majority of Asian regions. But you can use a VPN to access Disney Plus in Malaysia, the Philippines, or even in Singapore. To be precise, you can use a VPN and access all the content available over the platform from wherever you are.
So far, in a span of 1 year, it has only been launched in 25+ regions. Judging by the pace of their gradual launch, it will surely take a lot of time for Disney Plus to reach every country. The cherry on the top is that it’s a geo-restricted service that works only in the regions where it is available. If you try to access it from a region where Disney Plus is not available, then you will land on this page:
This is something frustrating for many online streaming fans that wanted to get their hands on Disney Plus. Nevertheless, if you have a VPN, then you can easily access Disney Plus from anywhere.
Using a VPN, you can connect to a server from any region with Disney Plus service available and access it easily. A VPN will mask your IP and DNS with a new one, and you will be able to bypass the geo-restriction within minutes. VPNs encrypt user’s traffic, which does not allow the host service.
However, one thing you need to know is that not every VPN provider can access Disney Plus because it has the ability to detect a VPN.
The 5 best Disney Plus VPN providers that I have discussed in this guide will help you access Disney Plus and enjoy streaming from anywhere around the world.
How to choose the Best Disney Plus VPN
- Opt for a provider that can bypass geo-restrictions without any DNS or IP leaks and should have AES 256 bit encryption to ensure strong security.
- The VPN providers should unblock Disney Plus and other similar services like US Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, etc. Every VPN provider claims to unblock these services, but the times have changed, and these platforms have smart proxies and VPN blockers. This is why unblocking these services is not everyone’s cup of tea.
- It should have a large variety of high-speed servers so that you can enjoy streaming seamlessly without any bandwidth drops.
- It should support all the major OS and devices used for streaming like Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS, Firestick and FireTV, Roku, and Routers.
- Pricing is a major factor to keep in mind because nobody likes to throw away their precious pennies. The VPN provider you opt for should be reasonably priced.
- The phrase “sharing is caring, is taken really seriously among binge-watchers as they share their streaming accounts, and so you might be sharing yours too. This is why having a good number of multi-logins is important.
Can I watch Disney Plus online abroad with a free VPN?
You can watch Disney Plus with some free VPNs but it is strongly suggested not to use a free VPN as they are not reliable and jeopardize your privacy and safety.
Free VPNs won’t offer you the quality that premium VPNs offer. They are quite notorious in terms of safety, as they maintain logs and leak IPs. Even many premium VPN providers like TunnelBear, Private Internet Access Proton VPN and many more have failed in bypassing the security of Disney Plus. So, it would be quite illogical to expect a free VPN to unblock Disney Plus.
Therefore, my sincere advice is to stay away from free VPN providers regardless of the claims they might make. I know that we all like to save our precious pennies, but it is not worth the risk.
Disney Plus Device Compatibility
You can use Disney Plus on the following devices:
- Windows PC/ Laptops
- Android devices
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Fire TV and FireStick devices
- iPhones and iPads
- LG TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Roku devices
- Xbox One
How to install Disney Plus VPN on Android Devices
Follow these 5 simple steps to install Disney Plus VPN on an Android device:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and download its app.
- Install and log in to the application.
- Open the VPN app on your device and log in to the app using your credentials.
- Go to the servers list and select a US server.
- Now open the Disney Plus app, and you will be able to register to the service and stream content.
How to Install Disney Plus VPN on iOS Device
iPhone and iPad users can follow these steps to install Disney Plus VPN:
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and subscribe to its service and download its app for iOS.
- Log in with your account and go to the servers list.
- Connect to a server from the USA or Australia.
- Now open the Disney Plus website, you will be able to access the service.
How to sign-up for Disney+ without a Foreign Payment Method
Follow these steps to can sign-up for the Disney Plus service even if you do not have a foreign payment method:
Method#1: For Android Users
- Connect to a reliable VPN with US servers.
- Open Google Play Store and create a new Google account without logging in.
- Now, Purchase a Google Play gift code from a reliable seller. Make sure that the card is topped up with US dollars as any other currency will not work.
- The gift card will be received in your email. You will have to redeem the card in your Playstore by clicking the link available in the email.
- Open your device’s Settings menu and go to Accounts.
- Click on Add Account and enter the account details (details of the new account that you created)
- Return to Google Play Store and log-in with your new account.
- Now search for Disney Plus app in the Play Store and download it.
- Install the app, and now you will be able to sign in to it without any problem.
- Now you can subscribe to the Disney Plus service by paying through your Google Play account.
Method#2: For iOS Users
- Open App Store.
- Log out of your existing account and go to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the region icon below and select the United States.
- Create a new Apple ID without adding any payment method.
- Now Purchase a digital iTunes gift card. Make sure it is topped up with US dollars (the amount should be enough for subscribing to the service)
- Open your email and redeem your gift card by going to Account Settings.
- Open ExpressVPN and connect to a US server.
- Download the Disney+ app from the Apple app store.
- Now register for the Disney Plus service by paying through the iTunes card balance.
Regions where Disney+ is available [March 2021 Updated]
As of March 2021, Disney Plus is available in the following regions only:
|1. Canada||14. Channel Islands||27. Finland|
|2. the Netherlands||15. Isle of Man||28. Greenland|
|3. United States||16. India||29. Iceland|
|4. Australia||17. France||30. Luxembourg|
|5. New Zealand||18. Monaco||31. Norway|
|6. Puerto Rico||19. Wallis and Futuna||32. Portugal|
|7. Austria||20. New Caledonia||33. Sweden|
|8. Germany||21. French West Indies||34. Réunion|
|9. Ireland||22. French Guiana||35. Mayotte|
|10. Italy||23. Japan||36. Mauritius|
|11. Spain||24. Indonesia||37. Latin America|
|12. Switzerland||25. Belgium|
|13. United Kingdom||26. Denmark|
How much does Disney+ cost?
Disney Plus has a variety of cost for every region; you can see it for yourself on this list:
- USA: $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year
- Canada: $8.99 per month or $89.99 per year
- UK: £5.99 or £59.99
- Europe: €6.99 per month, or €69.99 per year
- Australia: $8.99 per month or $89.99 per year
- New Zealand: $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year
What can I watch on Disney Plus?
You can watch more than 500 movies and 7000 TV episodes on Disney Plus anywhere with the help of a VPN. We have listed the most popular TV shows and movies available on the platform in the next section. You can enjoy watching all of these content titles anywhere with the help of a VPN.
Best TV Shows on Disney Plus
You can watch the following list of popular TV shows on Dinsey+ with the help of a VPN:
- Agent Carter
- Boy Meets World
- Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
- Even Stevens
- Forky Asks a Question
- Inside Pixar
- Kim Possible
- Man in Space
- Marvel Runaways
- Muppets Now
- Once Upon a Time
- Smart Guy
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- That’s So Raven
- The Imagineering
- The Right Stuff
Best Disney+ Movies
The most popular movies available on the Disney Plus platform are as follows:
- Avengers: End Game
- Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions
- Guardians of the Galaxy: All Parts
- Inside Out
- Iron Man: All Parts
- Lady and the Tramp
- Mary Poppins
- Miracle on 34th Street
- Pete’s Dragon
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- The Fault in Our Stars
- The Greatest Showman
- The Lion King
- The Little Mermaid
- Thor: Ragnarok
Is there a Disney Plus app?
Yes, Disney Plus has dedicated apps for Android, iOS, Firestick and FireTV devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, and Roku.
Can I watch Disney+ if I live outside the US or Canada?
What else can I do with best VPN for Disney Plus?
[accordion_inner title="Does Disney Plus block VPN?" id="4"]
Yes, Disney Plus blocks VPN because it has a smart blocker, just like Netflix and HULU. However, you can still bypass its geo-blocking using a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN with secure servers.
Is Disney Plus region-locked?
Yes, Disney Plus is region locked, and you can only access it outside its hosting region through a VPN.
Can I use Disney plus with a VPN?
Disney Plus Simultaneous Logins
Can you watch Disney Plus offline?
Yes, you can watch movies and TV shows on Disney Plus offline by downloading them through your Android and iOS apps.
Does Disney+ have a free trial?
Yes, Disney+ offers a 7-day trial to its new subscribers.
Which country has the best Disney+ library?
Disney+ India has the biggest library out of all the other countries with more than 3000 titles. This massive library is due to the content available on Hotstar, which became a part of the Disney+ library after it launched there. Following India, the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand come with more than 1100 content titles.
Unblocking Disney Plus has now become quite easy, and you can use the VPN providers I have recommended in this guide. Earlier, unblocking Disney Plus was a bit tough as many VPN providers could not bypass its restrictions, and I had to test every regional server to see if it’s working. However, all the VPNs that we have listed have improved their servers’ capability and can unblock Disney+ instantly.