People residing outside of the regions where Disney Plus is available cannot access it directly without a VPN. We have also discussed the important factors that will guide you on how to choose the best Disney Plus VPN.
Furthermore, you can see if Disney Plus is compatible with your device or not in our Disney Plus Device Compatibility section.
Before choosing a VPN provider, make sure you check out the VPN selection criteria discussed below in this guide.
Best VPNs for Disney Plus in UK(Updated August 2022)
You must be wondering which VPN works best for Disney plus. Well, after pondering over all the important points that I have discussed above and testing numerous VPN providers, I have shortlisted the following five best VPNs for Disney Plus.
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch Disney Plus
ExpressVPN is the recommended VPN to unblock Disney Plus in UK. It is a giant in the cybersecurity industry with a vast network of 3000+ fast and secure servers in 94 countries. It is also among the few VPN providers that can bypass Disney Plus geo-restrictions easily. It offers 5 simultaneous devices so you can share your account with your friends and family.
You can now get a 49% discount on their regular monthly price by getting their special deal at GB£ 5.56/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan for 15 months. With its 256-bit military-grade encryption, your online identity will stay safe, and you will experience no IP or DNS leaks. Another reason for its popularity is its security features like split tunneling, Kill switch feature, a strict no-logs policy, and 24/7 live chat support.
Does Disney Plus work with ExpressVPN? [Testing Video]
It manages to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 85.95 Mbps and an upload speed of 46.94 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Watching Disney Plus
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN to watch Disney Plus in UK. One of the main reasons for its popularity is its fantastic speed, server variety, and the fact that it unblocks Disney Plus easily. It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries that are secure and optimal for streaming in terms of speed. All of its servers have AES 256-bit encryption protocol and they guarantee no IP or DNS leaks.
Surfshark charges GB£ 1.92/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan on its 2-year plan. It provides unlimited multi-logins so that you can use your account simultaneously on numerous devices. It supports all the major OS like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux. Surfshark can easily unblock Hotstar in UK thanks to its Indian servers. It also has a dedicated app for Firestick and FireTV devices for those of you who wish to use Disney Plus on FireStick.
Does Disney Plus work with Surfshark? [Testing Video]
It manages to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 86.55 Mbps and an upload speed of 49.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN for unblocking Disney+
NordVPN has the largest server network to unblock Disney+ in UK. It has 5400+ servers in 59 countries and offers optimal security.
NordVPN has all of the features you look for in a premium VPN provider, but it also has some unique features like Double VPN and Cyber Sec. It allows 6 multi-logins with the same account, and for all of this, it charges only GB£ 2.91/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) - Save 60% on 2 Years Deal on its 2-year package.
Does Disney Plus work with NordVPN? [Testing Video]
It manages to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 85.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 48.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
4. CyberGhost – VPN with unique unblocking features
CyberGhost is a unique VPN to unblock Disney Plus. It has a huge network of 6400 servers in 90 countries. The best thing about this VPN is that it has servers in all countries that host Disney+ service, which will help you in streaming without any lags or bandwidth division.
CyberGhost charges GB£ 1.86/mo (US$ 2.23/mo) (3 Years + 4 Months) for its 3-years package and offers top-of-the-line safety features like strong 256-bit encryption, dedicated IP, Wi-Fi protection, 7 simultaneous connections, and has a strict no-logs policy.
Does Disney Plus work with CyberGhost? [Testing Video]
5.Ipvanish – VPN with some Surprising Features to unblock Disney+
IPVanish is a US-based VPN service provider that emphasizes speed, security, and privacy. It has over 1,300 servers (and counting) spread over more than 75 countries. All of its servers use the AES 256-bit encryption protocol, and no IP or DNS leaks are permitted.
It allows 10 multi-logins with the same account, and for all of this, it charges only $6.95 for a subscription.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Disney Plus in UK?
You need a VPN to watch Disney Plus from abroad as it is a geo-restricted service and is directly inaccessible in many countries. Some of the prominent regions where Disney Plus is available are the USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Japan, etc. Disney+ is planning to expand its network gradually throughout the world. If the service is not yet available in your region, then the chances are that you might have to wait for some time for your turn.
The service is still not available in a majority of Asian regions. But you can use a VPN to access Disney Plus in Malaysia or to unblock Disney Plus in the Philippines. To be precise, you can use a VPN and access all the content available over the platform from wherever you are.
So far, in a span of 1 year, it has only been launched in 25+ regions. Judging by the pace of their gradual launch, it will surely take a lot of time for Disney Plus to reach every country. The cherry on the top is that it’s a geo-restricted service that works only in the regions where it is available. If you try to access it from a region where Disney Plus is not available, then you will land on this page:
This is something frustrating for many online streaming fans that wanted to get their hands on Disney Plus. Nevertheless, if you have a VPN, then you can easily access Disney Plus in UK.
Using a VPN, you can connect to a server from any region with Disney Plus service available and access it easily. A VPN will mask your IP and DNS with a new one, and you will be able to bypass the geo-restriction within minutes.
Is Disney Plus still not working with a VPN? Quick Fixes
You may try the following fixes if your Disney Plus is not working with a VPN:
- Use an incognito window.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Talk to the customer’s support about the VPN problem.
- Check if your VPN is working
- Try changing your VPN server.
Can I use a free VPN to unblock Disney Plus?
No, free VPNs can’t bypass the strong geo-restriction of Disney Plus. Free VPNs won’t offer you the quality that premium VPNs offer. They are quite notorious in terms of safety, as they maintain logs and leak IPs. Even many premium VPN providers like TunnelBear, Private Internet Access, Proton VPN and many more fails to bypass the security of Disney Plus. So, it would be quite illogical to expect a free VPN to unblock Disney Plus.
Therefore, my sincere advice is to stay away from free VPN providers regardless of the claims they might make. I know that we all like to save our precious pennies, but it is not worth the risk.
List of VPNs not working with Disney Plus
We have compiled a list of VPNs that are not working with Disney Plus after testing multiple VPN services. The list is as follows:
- Cactus VPN
- Hotspot Sheild
- Private Internet Access (PIA)
- VPN Unlimited
We suggest our users to use a VPN like ExpressVPN with strong servers to bypass the geo-restriction of Disney Plus.
Is it illegal to use a VPN for Disney Plus in UK
No, it is not illegal to use a VPN for Disney Plus. However, the terms and conditions of Disney Plus suggest not to use a VPN. As long as you are not accessing illegal stuff with a VPN, your VPN usage will not be considered illegal. So, you can freely watch Disney Plus abroad with a VPN without worrying about legality issues. If you are doubtful, then you may read the rules and policies of using a VPN in your country.
Disney Plus Device Compatibility
You can use Disney Plus on the following devices:
- Windows PC/ Laptops
- Android devices (Install Disney Plus VPN on Android Devices)
- PS4 (Watch Disney+ on PS4)
- Apple TV (Stream Disney Plus on Apple TV)
- Google Chromecast (Watch Disney Plus via Chromecast)
- Fire TV and FireStick devices (Access Disney+ on FireStick)
- Kodi (Access Disney Plus with Kodi)
- iPhones and iPad (Install Disney+ VPN on iOS devices)
- LG TV
- Samsung Smart TV (Get Disney+ on Samsung Smart TV)
- Roku devices (Stream Disney Plus on Roku)
- Xbox One (Access Disney+ on Xbox One)
How many devices can be logged into Disney Plus?
Disney Plus allows its users to log in to four devices simultaneously. This simultaneous device login is more than what Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video offers.
While Disney+ offers four simultaneous logins, Hulu offers just one stream at a time. In contrast, Netflix and Prime Video offers two simultaneous logins.
How to install Disney Plus VPN on Android Devices
Follow these 5 simple steps to install Disney Plus VPN on an Android device:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and download its app.
- Install and log in to the application.
- Open the VPN app on your device and log in to the app using your credentials.
- Go to the servers list and select a US server.
- Now open the Disney Plus app, and you will be able to register to the service and stream content.
How to Install Disney Plus VPN on iOS Device
iOS users can follow these steps to install Disney Plus VPN:
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and subscribe to its service and download its app for iOS.
- Log in with your account and go to the servers list.
- Connect to a server from the USA or Australia.
- Now open the Disney Plus website, you will be able to access the service.
How to sign-up for Disney+ without a Foreign Payment Method
Follow these steps to can sign-up for the Disney Plus service even if you do not have a foreign payment method:
Method#1: For Android Users
- Connect to a reliable VPN with US servers.
- Open Google Play Store and create a new Google account without logging in.
- Now, Purchase a Google Play gift code from a reliable seller. Make sure that the card is topped up with US dollars as any other currency will not work.
- The gift card will be received in your email. You will have to redeem the card in your Playstore by clicking the link available in the email.
- Open your device’s Settings menu and go to Accounts.
- Click on Add Account and enter the account details (details of the new account that you created)
- Return to Google Play Store and log in with your new account.
- Now search for Disney Plus app in the Play Store and download it.
- Install the app, and now you will be able to sign in to it without any problem.
- Now you can subscribe to the Disney Plus service by paying through your Google Play account.
Method#2: For iOS Users
- Open App Store.
- Log out of your existing account and go to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the region icon below and select the United States.
- Create a new Apple ID without adding any payment method.
- Now Purchase a digital iTunes gift card. Make sure it is topped up with US dollars (the amount should be enough for subscribing to the service)
- Open your email and redeem your gift card by going to Account Settings.
- Open ExpressVPN and connect to a US server.
- Download the Disney+ app from the Apple app store.
- Now register for the Disney Plus service by paying through the iTunes card balance.
Regions where Disney+ is available [Updated August 2022]
As of August 2022, Disney Plus is available in the following regions only:
|Austria||El Salvador||Indonesia||New Caledonia||Spain|
|Bolivia||France||Isle of Man||Nicaragua||Switzerland|
|Brazil||French Guiana||Italy||Norway||The Netherlands|
|Canada||French West Indies||Japan||Panama||United States|
|Channel Islands||Germany||Latin America||Paraguay||United Kingdom|
|Costa Rica||Malaysia||Mayotte||Puerto Rico||Wallis and Futuna|
How much does Disney+ cost?
Disney Plus has a variety of costs for every region; you can see it for yourself on this list:
- USA: $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year
- Canada: 11.34 CAD per month or 113.56 CAD per year
- UK: £5.99 or £59.99
- Europe: €8.99 per month, or €89.90 per year
- Australia: $8.99 per month or $89.99 per year
- New Zealand: $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year
Which country has the best Disney Plus?
Disney+ India has the biggest library out of all the other countries with more than 3000 titles. This massive library is due to the content available on Hotstar, which became a part of the Disney+ library after it launched in India.
Following India, Australia, the US, Canada, and New Zealand come with more than 1100 content titles.
The list of the top 10 countries with the most number of Disney Plus titles is as follows:
- India (Disney+ Hotstar): 3000+ titles
- Australia: 1202 titles
- USA: 1194 titles
- New Zealand: 1192 titles
- Canada: 1184 titles
- UK: 1102 titles
- Netherlands: 1036 titles
- Spain: 1079 titles
- Germany: 1075 titles
- France: 1024 titles
What can I watch on Disney Plus in UK?
You can watch more than 500 movies and 7000 TV episodes on Disney Plus anywhere with the help of a VPN. We have listed the most popular TV shows and movies available on the platform in the next section. You can enjoy watching all of these content titles anywhere with the help of a VPN.
Best TV Shows on Disney Plus
You can watch the following list of popular TV shows on Disney+ with the help of a VPN:
- The Walking Dead Season 11
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder
- The Wonderful Winter of Mickey Mouse
- Big Cat Week
- Alice’s Wonderland Bakery
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum’ season 2
- Disney Insider
- Earth to Ned
- Forky Asks a Question
- Olaf Presents
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars: The Book Of Boba Fett
- The Simpsons Short
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
- The Mandalorian
- The Mighty Ducks: Game Changer
- Toy Story That Time Forgot
- The Gloaming
- What If…? (How to Watch What If…? on Disney Plus)
- Welcome to Earth
Best Disney+ Movies
The most popular movies available on the Disney Plus platform are as follows:
- No Exit
- The King’s Man
- Anita: Directors Cut
- Pam & Tommy
- Blackpink: The Movie
- The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild
- Black Widow
- Christmas Again
- Raya and the Last Dragon
- Mary Poppins: Returns
- Raya and the Last Dragon
- Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings
- The Fault in Our Stars
- The Jungle Book
- The Lion King
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
Upcoming TV Shows and Movies on Disney+
- The Mysterious Benedict Society
- Bunk’d (Season 4)
- When Sharks Attack (Season 1-6)
- Summer of Soul
- The Night House
- Jungle Cruise
- Free Guy
- The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Does Disney+ have a free trial?
No, Disney Plus does not offer its original 7-day free trial anymore. Although, you can avail of its 30-days free trial via an Xbox Game Ultimate Pass.
If you reside in Japan, you can sign up for Disney Plus free trial as the trial is available in Japan. Moreover, you can use a VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to its servers in Japan to get Disney Plus free trial.
Read More: How to Get Disney Plus Free Trial in 2022
Does Disney Plus work with VPN in UK?
Yes, Disney Plus works with a VPN in UK. You can use a VPN to unblock Disney Plus in geo-restricted areas. We have given the easy steps to access Disney Plus with a VPN in our guide.
Why is Disney Plus not working with VPN?
If your Disney Plus is not working with a VPN, then you may try changing the server in your region. If the problem still persists then you may try switching to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Can I use Disney plus with a VPN?
How do I subscribe to Disney Plus with VPN in UK?
Follow the steps below to subscribe to Disney Plus in UK with a VPN:
1) Subscribe to a VPN like ExpressVPN.
2) Download and install its client on your device.
3) Connect to a server of a region like UK.
4) Visit Disney Plus official website and select your desired package.
5) Give the relevant information and enjoy accessing Disney Plus.
Does Disney Plus block VPN?
Yes, Disney Plus blocks VPN because it has a smart blocker, just like Netflix and HULU. However, you can still bypass its geo-blocking using a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN with secure servers.
Can I watch Disney+ if I live outside the US or Canada?
Yes, you can watch Disney+ if you live outside the USA or Canada, but you will need a reliable VPN to bypass the geo-restriction.
Is there a Disney Plus app?
Is Disney Plus region-locked?
Yes, Disney Plus is region locked, and you can only access it outside its hosting region through a VPN.
Can I watch Disney Plus in 4K with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus in 4K using a VPN. Although only a few titles are available for 4K streaming, you can easily watch them using VPN if your internet download speed is above 20Mbps.
Can you watch Disney Plus offline?
Yes, you can watch movies and TV shows on Disney Plus offline by downloading them through your Android and iOS apps.
Which free VPNs Work with Disney+?
Free VPNs hardly work well with Disney+, so it is always suggested to use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to access Disney+ to have a secure streaming experience.
Can I use a VPN to Watch Live Sports on Disney+?
Yes, you can use a VPN to access Disney Plus and as the bundle subscription includes ESPN+, you can watch live sports easily on it in UK.
Is Disney Plus worth getting?
Yes, Disney Plus is worth getting as it has a huge library of TV shows and movies that are exclusively available on its platform. You can enjoy all the Disney originals and a lot more content in its library.
which VPN works for Disney Plus?
ExpressVPN is the most recommended VPN for Disney Plus because it has the quickest servers and it unblocks Disney Plus instantly.
Unblocking Disney Plus has now become quite easy, and you can use the Disney plus VPN providers I have recommended in this guide to unblocking it in UK. Earlier, unblocking Disney Plus was a bit tough as many VPN providers could not bypass its restrictions, and I had to test every regional server to see if it’s working. However, all the VPNs that we have listed have improved their servers’ capability and can unblock Disney+ instantly.