How can I watch ITV in Australia? This is a question that many people are asking themselves — especially so they can watch English Premier League this year.
Well, there are quite a few ways to do it. We’ve made this guide so you don’t have to spend your time searching for answers on Google, as we’ve got them all right here.
ITV is the UK’s biggest commercial station, and it has many great shows such as Family Guy, The Bay, and Unforgotten, that are available to watch on its web-based streaming service called ITV player. It is an on-demand service for viewing content from ITV’s commercial channels, such as ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, and CITV which is designated for Kids’ programs and shows.
This online video player is only available in the UK, if you want to get its access outside the UK, then you would be required to get a subscription from a premium VPN provider and its server connection in the UK.
This article will go through the process of choosing a VPN, recommending an appropriate solution for your needs, and troubleshooting when issues arise.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch ITV in Australia?
You will see the following error whenever you will access ITV hub where it is not available:
“Sorry! This video isn’t available right now. Check out our Shows section for more great programmes.”
Since ITV Hub is geo-blocked, you’ll need a UK IP address to watch it in Australia. A VPN hides your online identity by masking your IP address and encrypting your location and the data you send and receive. However, please remember that not every VPN can unblock this streaming service, only premium VPNs can unblock it.
Best VPN to Watch ITV in Australia:
Twenty Eight different VPNs were tested by our team and only three VPNs get shortlisted that work great to unblock ITV Hub in order to watch ITV live through ITV player website. The following factors were considered while selecting the best VPN for it.
- Fast Speed
- Vast Server Network in the United Kingdom.
- The capability of unblocking the many geo-restricted channels.
- Strong Connectivity.
- Secure Anonymity.
- User-comfort experience.
- Pricing Plan
Based on the above selection criteria, the following three VPNs got shortlisted:
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch ITV in Australia
After testing 20+ VPNs, we recommend ExpressVPN to watch ITV live as it not only unblocks ITV Hub but has also proved to be the fastest in terms of speeding.
In the speed tests we conducted, it managed to offer a download speed of 94.46 Mbps and upload speed of 57.26 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
It is clearly a giant in the industry, rightfully popular because of its amazing speed and security features, and it has a network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries and also it has 4 servers in 3 cities (Docklands, London, and Wembley).
Its 1-year plan is available for $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan), and you can try this service with a 30-days back money guarantee. All of its servers have AES 256-bit military-grade encryption, and it follows a strict no-logs policy. It also offers five simultaneous logins so you can share them with your family and friends.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Watching ITV in Australia
Surfshark is the best Budget-friendly VPN service. You can subscribe to it in $2.49/mo (81% Off on 2 Years Plan). It has unlimited device support and is user-friendly, with little downtime. It offers users a fantastic streaming experience with 3,200+ servers in 160+ locations across 65 countries, including three UK servers in London, Glasgow, and Manchester.
It provides fast speeds to stream live HD channels. It respects your security by keeping customer information private.
It offers a service to block commercials and malware and they also offer 24/7 live chat customer support services to resolve the issues which the user might have with the site.
It manages to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 80.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 40.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network to Watch ITV Hub
NordVPN is one of the world’s most popular VPN service, with more than 14 million customers around the globe. The company offers a range of features to explore. It has an extensive network of more than 5,400 servers across 59 countries and 440+ servers in 1 UK location. You can subscribe to in $3.71/mo (Save 68% on 2 Years Deal).
It has more than 440 servers in the UK. It has unlimited bandwidth with a good high speed of 115Mbps. It offers a Zero Log policy to its clients. It allows 6 simultaneous logins so you can share them with your family and friends. It has a high concern for the users’ safety and security.
It manages to offer a super-fast downloading speed of 84.65 Mbps and an upload speed of 42.68 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
How to Sign up to Watch ITV in Australia
The ITV Hub registration process is quite simple. The following are the actions you must take to create an account:
- Install your preferred VPN. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
- Connect to a UK server.
- Navigate to the ITV website and click Sign In in the upper right corner.
- Since you do not have an account, you must choose the Sign Up box.
- Fill out the form to get started with ITV Hub.
- As you’ll see, a postcode is required. Look for a UK postcode and input it.
- Once you’ve completed the form, press Submit to complete the signup process.
Get Free Access to ITV in Australia:
To get free ITV account, you need to create an account with ads. By following these guidelines, you will be able to enjoy free ITV account.
- Get the subscription from the best VPN Provider such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install the VPN app on your preferred device.
- Now get connected to the closest UK server.
- Visit the official website of ITV, https://www.itv.com
- Click on the sign-in option on the ITV Hub website and create an account.
- Now click to sign-up and fill up the sign-up information form by providing your credentials.
- A UK postcode would be required to complete the sign-up procedure.
- Submit the filled-up information form after you tick marked the ITV terms & conditions.
- Select the option, “Watch with ads” to create a free ITV account in Australia.
Line-up of ITV Player Channels
In Australia, you may watch the following to watch ITV Hub channels:
Popular Shows to Stream on ITV in Australia
ITV broadcasts a variety of live events, including sports, news, and talent contests. The list consists of the most popular series that you can view in Australia using the appropriate VPN:
- Tripping Point
- A Touch of Frost
- Oprah with Megan and Harry
- The Bay
- Family Guy
- Agatha Christie’s Poirot.
Devices Compatible With ITV
Following are the devices which are compatible with ITV;
- Windows (Vista, XP, 7, 8, & 10)
- Sony Bravia
- BT TV
- Now TV / Roku
- Samsung Smart TV & Blu Ray Players
- Virgin Media
- Smart Tv
- Amazon FireTV
- PlayStation 3
- Xbox One and Xbox 360
- Android devices
- Now TV Box
- iOS devices
- Windows Phone
How Can I Watch ITV on my Device?
The ITV Hub installation procedure is quite simple. However, the steps change depending on the system, so we’ll walk you through the ones you’ll need to do depending on your Device.
How to Watch ITV on Windows & Mac
If you want to stream ITV on a Windows 10 or Mac device, you won’t need to download anything; use your browser. Here’s how you can watch ITV on Windows and Mac:
- Install a VPN on your Device; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Run the VPN and choose a server in the UK.
- Navigate to the ITV Hub website.
- To sign in, enter your login details.
Watch ITV on Android
- Download a VPN on your device.
- Change your IP address to one from the UK.
- Connect your Android smartphone to your WiFi connection. Launch the Google Play app.
- Download the ITV Hub app on your Device.
- Launch the ITV Hub app and enter your login information.
Watch ITV on iOS
- Select Settings > [username] > iTunes and App Store on your smartphone.
- Choose View Apple ID and after that, tap your Apple ID.
- Change your Region by choosing Change Region.
- Select your new nation or area, then read the Terms & Conditions.
- Hit Agree in the top corner, then confirm by tapping Agree again.
- Install and set up a VPN. ExpressVPN is excellent for iOS devices.
- Select a UK server from the list of available choices.
- Download the ITV app.
- Sign in to watch your favorites.
Watch ITV on Roku
- Reboot your Roku player.
- Configure a VPN on your network. ExpressVPN is our top recommendation.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Connect the Roku device to your television and log in with your UK account.
- Please navigate to the Roku Channel Store, find the ITV app, and download it.
- When the installation is finished, launch the app and sign in with your login information.
How to Watch ITV on Smart TV
ITV Hub may be accessed on a smart TV. Apple TV does not support VPN applications. You can get around this by connecting your VPN to your router’s wifi:
- Install a VPN. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Connect your router to your VPN using the router’s admin interface.
- On the Apple TV, install the ITV Hub app.
- Create an account by Signing in!
By now, you must have got an idea that how you can watch ITV in Australia. Though ITV is a UK-based channel and you cannot get its access outside UK but by following the guidelines mentioned in this article, you can easily unblock ITV while sitting in Australia with the help of the best VPN such as ExpressVPN.