The popular open-source media player Kodi is available for Windows PCs. You can stream TV shows, music, movies, and more using Kodi. Continue reading if your VPN not working with Kodi in UK.
Additionally, you can use any of the Kodi add-ons available to watch the most recent media content. Users may easily stream media and get around geo-restrictions while using Kodi with a VPN.
Despite this, many VPN users have a variety of problems that prevent their VPN from properly connecting to Kodi. Moreover, there are many VPNs available for different devices just as Apple TV VPNs, and more. So, choose a VPN wisely.
We recommend you use ExpressVPN, because of its high-speed servers, customer support, and money-back guarantee. The following solutions have been compiled by our team to address the VPN not functioning with the Kodi issue.
VPN not working with Kodi in UK [Quick Fixes]
Is your VPN not working with Kodi in UK? Fortunately, you can usually fix a Kodi VPN issue or error by tweaking with the device or VPN’s basic settings and restarting everything. The solutions listed below can help you enhance your Kodi VPN use and streaming performance; some are straightforward, and others require a few technical skills.
1. Change your VPN
First, you should change your VPN, because ot may be incapable of bypassing the geo-restrictions. Always use a premium VPN, as here we have recommended:
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPNs for Kodi
ExpressVPN is the recommended VPN if VPN not working with Kodi in UK. It offered our team the super-fast speed of 92.26 Mbps. This VPN has 3000+ servers available in 94+ countries, including 25 US servers.
ExpressVPN provides a fantastic blazing-fast upload speed of 89.45 Mbps and a download speed of 92.26 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Moreover, we tried using ExpressVPN on Netflix and it gave us amazing results.
ExpressVPN has features like 256-AES encryption technology, Split Tunneling, and a Kill Switch. However, the New York server is not recommended because it didn’t perform well.
Moreover, it costs GB£ 5.39 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan, the 6-month plan is $9.99, and the annual plan is $8.32/mo. ExpressVPN allows you to use a VPN on five devices.
ExpressVPN has a MediaStreamer tool that helps you to watch any type of streaming platform. Moreover, you can get a 30-day money-back guarantee and a customer support option with ExpressVPN.
Additionally, the device compatibility of ExpressVPN is excellent. This VPN is compatible with Xbox, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, and PlayStation.
Private Internet Access
Kodi works best with top VPN services like Private Internet Access (PIA). Whether or not the services are available where you live, Kodi is accessible thanks to more than 3200 servers spread across 46 different countries.
You can use its unblock streaming feature to access other well-known streaming services like Amazon Prime and Netflix with the best Netflix VPN and best Amazon Prime VPN.
With this VPN service, you can watch Kodi from a distance while simultaneously browsing anonymously, securing web sessions at hotspots, and preserving your online privacy.
Give PIA a try; it’s the most reliable VPN for unblocking Kodi and other restricted websites, and it offers quick service and reliable speeds.
2. Check your Internet connection
Windows users claimed that the Kodi issue they are presently experiencing can be brought on by a slow or inactive Internet connection.
As a result, you must check your Internet service. Disconnect from the VPN service and attempt to access any website using your web browser to accomplish this.
You may want to consider switching your Internet connection mode to a broadband, modem, or Wi-Fi connection if you are unable to access the Internet while connected to the VPN.
3. Restart your PC
Users can also just restart their computers to fix the VPN issue. This easy solution could be able to fix your VPN connection, allowing Kodi to function again.
As an alternative, you might turn off your computer and wait a few minutes before resuming it.
4. Check your Date and Time Settings
Due to improper date and time settings on your computer, some VPNs will not function with Kodi. Make sure the time and date settings are accurate by checking them.
Disable Internet-based time and date updates, and manually change the values instead.
Additionally, you would consider modifying your area or location to mirror the location of the server that your VPN settings have chosen.
However, you can move on to the following step if you still experience the error after attempting this workaround.
5. Check your IP address
Check your IP address for details like your city or region (country) next to the location you choose in the VPN windows if the VPN not working with Kodi in UK.
To find out where your IP address is located, utilize an online service like IPLocation or WhatIsMyIPAddress. Try to connect again if you are not connected to the VPN server’s location.
As an alternative, you might think about connecting to other VPN server locations before trying to access Kodi again.
6. Disable your security software
Follow the steps here if your VPN kodi not working:
- Press the Enter key after typing Allow a program via Windows.
- Select Change Settings from the menu.
- Click Allow another programme.
- Click OK after choosing the programme you wish to add or after using Browse to find the VPN application.
- Access Kodi and see whether you can connect once more.
Some antivirus programmes could disable your VPN connection, making it difficult for you to use Kodi. So that you may use Kodi, you might need to temporarily turn off your antivirus software or firewall.
However, although some antivirus systems allow you to temporarily suspend protection, others do not.
Additionally, if you have the opportunity to reinstall the security program or application that is preventing the VPN connection, do so after the VPN software has been set up in order to enable the VPN.
Therefore, delete the security program that is preventing the connection first, then the VPN software, then reinstalls the VPN software, and finally reinstall the security program on your PC.
As an alternative, you can enable the Windows firewall’s VPN program. If this doesn’t work, though, move on to the next step.
7. Manually configure DNS settings
Open Network Connections menu
- Choose Run by right-clicking Start.
- Enter ncpa.cpl and then hit OK.
- Locate your standard connection—a LAN or wireless network connection—in the Network connections pane.
- Select Properties by right-clicking the connection.
Set the DNS server settings
- Double-click Internet Protocol, also known as IPv4 or simply IP.
- Select Use the DNS servers listed below.
- Enter the following Google DNS server adresses: Alternate DNS server 188.8.131.52 and the preferred DNS server 184.108.40.206
- Try the next if Google DNS is blocked: Enter and click OK for Level3 DNS (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168), Neustar DNS Advantage (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199), and both.
8. Run Windows Update
Here are the easy steps on VPN not working with Kodi in UK:
- Click on Windows Update after going to Start and typing “update” into the search bar.
- Check for updates and install any that are available in the Windows Update window.
- Restart your Windows computer after the update is finished.
Updating your Windows operating system to the most recent version is another option to resolve the VPN not functioning with Kodi issue.
9. Flush the DNS/Clear Cache
Reset the DNS
- Select Accessories from Start > All Apps.
- Click Start from the menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type Ipconfig /flushdns. A confirmation message stating Windows IP Configuration should appear – Flushed the DNS Resolver Cache successfully.
Delete Cache from Web Browser
- Open a web browser, such as Microsoft Edge.
- To open the dialogue box labeled “Clear recent history,” press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Choose Everything from the Time range to clear the drop-down option.
- Make sure the Cache box is checked. select “Clear Now”
10. Manually configure proxy settings
A proxy server is a server (a computer or an app) that handles web requests on behalf of other users.
In order to access other websites employing their location, a proxy server provides its static or dynamic I.P address for you.
The following techniques can be used to modify the I.P address on any browser, including Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
Tools > Options > Advanced > Settings > Manual proxy configuration in Firefox.
Use the following settings in Chrome: Settings > Network > Set proxy settings > LAN settings > Use proxy server > Advanced > HTTP.
Opera: Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Network
Utilize the following settings in Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings > Use proxy server > Advanced > HTTP.
Check your IP address to make sure that it has actually changed after entering the IP address and port that you received from the VPN service.
11. Reinstall the VPN client
Follow the steps here to reinstall the VPN client:
- Start by right-clicking and choosing Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall after seeing your VPN in the list of installed apps.
- Click “Next” in the Setup Wizard. After a successful uninstall, you’ll receive a notification, so click Close to end the procedure.
- After disabling your VPN, if it still shows up as available, right-click Start and choose Run.
- The Network Connections window will open when you enter the command ncpa.cpl.
- Right-click on the WAN Miniport marked “your VPN” in Network Connections.
- Choose Delete.
- Select Settings after clicking Start.
- Please select Network & Internet.
- Choose VPN. Delete your VPN if you can access it.
Quick Fixes for Your Kodi Streaming Issues
Even if you don’t consider yourself a techie, you can repair a lot of Kodi streaming issues. For the most frequent Kodi streaming problems, like the cache is full, no stream being available, no source links, and annoying video buffering, check out the following troubleshooting advice. To find the answer to why use a VPN with Kodi see the fixes here:
1. Clear Video Cache in Kodi
The “Cache is full, empty your Cache” streaming problem can occur at any moment, although it is more common while streaming HD videos on older, less powerful devices.
You only need to empty the Kodi video cache. It will enhance your streaming quality overall in addition to resolving the pending bug. Kodi performs it automatically at some times, but if you encounter an issue, follow these instructions to manually delete the Kodi video cache on Kodi Krypton by using the Merlin Wizard and Super Repo:
- Launch Kodi, go to Settings > File Manager, double-click Add Source > ‘None’, enter http://srp.nu/, and then click OK. Give the source the name “Superrepo.”
- Return to the Kodi Main Menu, select Addons, Package Installer, Install from Zip File, Superrepo, click Krypton, Repositories, Superrepo, click “superrepo.kodi.krypton.repositories-0.7.04.zip,” and then wait for the zip file to finish installing.
- Following that, choose Install from Repository SuperRepo Repositories [Krypton] [V7] Addon Repository SuperRepo All [Krypton [V7] Install and then wait for the add-on to become enabled.
- Back to Addons → click the Box icon → Install from Repository→ SuperRepo All [Krypton] [v7] → Program add-ons → Merlin Repository → click on Merlin Wizard.
- Locate Clear Caches, Delete Packages, and Delete Thumbnails in the Tool Box. Check all three options to make space available, then click Exit.
2. Update Kodi and Streaming Addons
Running an outdated version of Kodi or your streaming addon might occasionally cause streaming problems. Occasionally, an update will break the addon, in which case you will need to uninstall and reapply the addon to fix it.
Your Kodi can receive automatic upgrades if you install it from Google Play (Android) or the official Windows Store (Windows 10) rather than side-loading it. If not, you must manually install Kodi updates.
3. Get Rid of Dropped Kodi Addons and Repos
This is essential because unofficial Kodi streaming add-ons have recently gone on a whack-a-mole spree. They start out, gather momentum, then are eliminated and replaced. For instance, Genesis was swapped out for Exodus, which was swapped out for Covenant, which has multiple forks presently (just like Poseidon was replaced by a direct fork, Neptune Rising).
The same is true for shut-down Repos; remove all instances of them and swap them out for functional ones.
4. Trace Back Your Steps
Occasionally, restarting Kodi is all that is necessary to resolve streaming problems if you have recently installed a new repo or addon.
5. Check if Auto-Play Is On
The initial URL for each video is chosen by your Kodi addon when Auto-Play is enabled in the settings. The video won’t play if the link is invalid. Fixing this nag:
- To play a video, press Menu and Play using. Check out the list of links and click on each one until you locate the one that works.
6. Clear Addon Providers and Cache
Selecting a source link doesn’t always help when none of the links are operational. For the addon, clearing the providers and cache might work.
For a Clear Providers (or Clear Sources) and Clear Cache option, check your addon’s settings or tools. By doing this, you can clean out the source links cache and force your add-on to look for sources all over again. It may even produce fresh source links.
7. Fix Your ISP Throttling and Filtering
When you stream, many ISPs will limit your bandwidth. Your ability to access websites that contain video streams may be blocked by some ISPs, effectively destroying a large number of your Kodi add-ons.
Users of Sky routers, a British ISP, have found, for instance, that turning off Sky Shield or Sky Broadband Shield in their router settings eliminates the filtering block.
However, using a VPN with Kodi at all times is the best way to combat ISP filtering and throttling. A VPN reduces the likelihood that your ISP will issue you a copyright infringement notice.
By the way, employing a VPN is no longer just a safety measure against DMCA notices if you live in the UK because your ISP is legally permitted to sell your browser history.
Remember the basic rule of thumb: delete any and all add-ons and repositories you are not using, then update Kodi if your Kodi crashes, which is a typical bug.
FAQs: VPN not working with Kodi in UK
How do I set up a VPN connection for Kodi?
1) Visit the website of your VPN service provider to get the app for your device.
2) Install the VPN app.
3) Enter your login information after opening the application.
4) After logging in, select the desired server and then click “Connect.”
5) You may use Kodi safely now that you’re connected via a VPN!
How do I connect my VPN to Kodi?
1) Click the download button on the Kodi website.
2) Decide which platform you prefer.
3) Get the installer.
4) Start the app and follow to the guidelines.
5) Install a reliable VPN. We advise using ExpressVPN.
6) Open the VPN and choose the server of your choice.
Why do people use a VPN for Kodi?
What is the best VPN for Kodi?
If your VPN not working with Kodi in UK use the troubleshooting steps and we’re sure you will fix Kodi streaming and as now you know how to use VPN with Kodi, use ExpressVPN as it is our #1 best VPN for streaming.
Using a VPN on Kodi will provide you with seamless streaming. Moreover, you can easily set up Netflix on Kodi and install Fox Sports Go on Kodi.