Are you looking for a way to stream HBO Max on LG TV in Australia? You’re lucky because we’ll provide you with all of the information you need to know to watch HBO Max on your LG TV in 2023. We have good news for you, finally, the HBO Max app is now accessible on LG TV.
If you have a newer LG Television model (2018 or latest) including webOS 4.0 or later, you can watch HBO Max on LG TV. HBO Max streams some amazing content like Vampire Diaries, Elvis, Industry Season 2, and The Princess on HBO Max.
Here you will find all the information related to how to sign up for, download, and install HBO Max on your LG Smart TV in Australia.
So, without any further delay let’s read the guide till the end to know everything about how to watch HBO Max in Australia on LG Smart TV!
How To Watch HBO Max on LG TV in Australia? [Quick Guide]
Here’s how to watch HBO Max on LG TV. However, it is a streaming network based in the United States, therefore, you will require a premium VPN:
- Subscribe to HBO Max after connecting to a server in US (New York).
- After you’ve signed up, navigate to LG Smart TV’s Home Screen.
- Search for HBO Max, after you have opened the app store.
- Click “Download” to install the program.
- After installing the app, sign in using HBO Max login credentials.
- HBO Max is now accessible via LG Smart TV.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch HBO Max on LG TV in Australia?
HBO Max is among the few platforms which are not accessible on LG Smart TVs in Australia. This implies that the new service’s programming will not be available to view on LG TV and thus, HBO Max on LG TV is not the available option.
Is HBO Max not working on LG? If you try to access it from Australia, you will receive the following error message:
Not in the service area.
HBO Max is currently only supported in the US and certain US territories.
If you have a question ‘is HBO Max on LG Smart TV?’ Then the answer is NO but with a VPN on your LG Smart TV.
A VPN also lets you watch The Batman and Ruxx on HBO Max in Australia.
For this, you will need to search for HBO Max after opening the app store. Tap “Download” to install the program. After installing the app, sign in with your HBO Max login credentials. HBO Max is now accessible via LG Smart TV by subscribing to a reliable VPN.
How to Set Up HBO Max App on LG TV
Do you want to know how to set up HBO Max on LG TV? Here are the easy steps to set up the HBO Max app on LG TV:
1. From your device go to the Sign-in page.
2. Enter your credentials.
3. A code will appear on your screen, enter that code.
4. When you launch the HBO Max application, it would either install all updates immediately or prompt you to do so.
Can you get HBO Max on Older LG Smart TV?
The HBO Max application is only available through webOS 4.0 and above on LG OLED TVs, LG NanoCell TVs, and LG QNED Mini LED TVs, from the models 2018-2021. Therefore, if the LG Smart TV was manufactured prior to 2018, it will be difficult for you to watch HBO Max content on your older LG Smart TV in Australia.
However, there is a catch! we have tried some other options. If the LG TV is supported by HDMI cable you can use Amazon Firestick or Roku. Here we have also discussed other methods:
- Get HBO Max on LG TV with Android
- Access HBO Max on LG TV with the AirPlay
- Stream HBO Max on LG TV from your laptop
- How to Watch HBO Max on LG TV in Australia using YouTube TV
Can I cast HBO Max to my LG TV with Android?
Yes, you can cast HBO Max to the LG TV with Android, here are the quick steps:
- Make sure that Chromecast and Android devices are both connected to a similar Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Google Home application on your device.
- Choose the device to which you wish to cast HBO Max.
- When you’re finished, the Android home screen will be displayed on your LG TV.
- Start streaming HBO Max on LG TV by opening the HBO Max application!
Can I AirPlay HBO Max to my LG TV?
Yes, you can AirPlay HBO Max to your LG TV, just follow the simple steps below and enjoy streaming HBO Max content on your LG TV.
- Make sure that AirPlay is enabled on the LG TV.
- Click on AirPlay by tapping Control Centre.
- Tap on your LG TV.
- The casting is finished! Now, turn on HBO Max and begin streaming!
Note: This process only works on the updated software.
Can I stream HBO Max from my Laptop to my LG TV?
You may stream HBO Max on the LG Smart TV if you have a notebook or laptop with an HDMI connector. Most folks will only have to do two steps:
- Try connecting your laptop’s HDMI connector to one of the HDMI ports on the LG Smart TV.
- Switch the Smart TV’s input to an HDMI port into which you inserted the laptop using the LG TV remote.
In most circumstances, your laptop homepage will now appear on the LG TV. Open a web browser on the laptop and navigate to HBO Max’s official website, log in, and begin streaming. HBO Max show like Westworld season 4 is available on the LG Smart TV in Australia for watching now.
You can use the best HBO Max VPNs in Australia if you’re facing trouble accessing the HBO Max libraries.
How to Watch HBO Max on LG TV in Australia using YouTube TV
Another option to access HBO Max on your LG Smart TV in Australia is through YouTube TV. HBO Max is available as part of the YouTube TV subscription. You may watch HBO Max on your TV by following these steps after connecting to a VPN:
- Download the YouTube TV app and install it on your LG Smart TV.
- Sign in and look for HBO Max.
- Choose your favorite show and begin watching HBO max on your LG Smart TV in Australia!
HBO Max Compatible LG TVs
Here are the following models which are compatible with LG TV, the model prior to 2018 are not compatible with HBO Max.
Other Compatible Devices
|Version of WebOS||Model||Year|
|webOS 5.0||OLEDWX, OLEDGX, OLEDZX, OLEDCX, NANO99, OLEDBX, UN7000 NANO97, NANO91, NANO80, NANO90, NANO81, UN8500, NANO85, UN8570, UN7370, UN6950, UN7300, UN7070||2020|
|WebOS 4.5||OLEDW9, OLEDE9, OLEDZ9, OLEDC9, SM9970, OLEDB9, SM9500, UM6910 SM9000, SM9070, SM8670, SM8100, SM8600, UM7570, UM8070, UM7370, UM7170, UM7300, UM7100, UM6950, UM6900, UM6970||2019|
|WebOS 4.0||OLEDC8, OLEDE8, OLEDB8, SK9000, SK9500, SK8070, SK8000, UK7700, UK6570, UK7570, UK6300, UK6500, UK6090, OLEDW8, UK6200, UK6190,||2018|
Can you get HBO Max on LG TV in the Australia?
How do I get HBO Max on my LG smart TV in the Australia?
How do I open HBO Max on my LG TV?
Can you add apps to LG Smart TV in the Australia?
Why doesn’t LG TV have HBO Max in Australia?
After going through several options, perhaps you have an idea of how to watch HBO Max on LG TV in Australia.
It is a simple procedure, and the lack of HBO Max on the LG TV system has no effect on your streaming HD quality since the cast and connecting external fast streaming devices produce similar results as in-store apps. Try using the best VPN for streaming if you’re facing any issues.