We often came across questions like “Is Sling TV available in Canada?” As of 2023, Sling TV is unavailable for Canadians. However, you can get Sling TV in Canada app on your devices by using ExpressVPN.
Owned by DISH Network, Sling TV provides online access to well-known programmes that are available through cable and satellite TV subscriptions.
Sling TV is the first American OTT service to allow you to watch live and on-demand content. It has numerous channels providing a great variety of entertainment at your fingertips. However, the streaming platform is only available in the US due to geo-restrictions and licensing agreements.
Using a VPN bypasses the geo-restrictions imposed by Sling TV and lets you watch its popular content like Venom and Property Brothers Forever Home.
So, without further ado, let’s find out how you can watch Sling TV Canada!
How to Watch Sling TV in Canada With a VPN in 2022?
Follow these easy steps to watch Sling TV Canada.
- Subscribe to a VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app for your device.
- Log in to the app.
- Connect to a server in the USA. (Preferably New York server).
- Now open the Sling TV websiteand go to Sling TV login to enjoy streaming.
Note: You must first sign up for the Sling TV account to stream its content in Canada.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Get Sling TV in Canada?
You need a VPN to access Sling TV Canada because it is an OTT service only available in the United States. Due to licensing rights issues, this platform has geo-restricted its services to the US only. However, you can stream Sling TV in Canada with the help of a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Whenever you try to get Sling TV in Canada without a VPN, you would see the following error message:
SLING TV IS ONLY AVAILABLE INSIDE THE US.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
So, if you have been wondering, Is Sling TV available in Canada? Then the answer is NO, unless you use a VPN to access it.
Take help from any of the best VPNs to access Sling TV Canada listed above, preferably ExpressVPN. The VPN will mask your IP address and geographic location to trick the channel into thinking that you are accessing it from inside the US. This gives you access to the channel from anywhere outside the US.
How Can I Get Sling TV in Canada Without a US Payment Method?
You would need an American payment method to sign up for Sling TV in Canada. However, some additional methods can help you sign up for Sling TV Canada without an American payment method.
Let’s take a look at these alternatives.
Can I Use PayPal to Pay for Sling TV in Canada?
Yes, you can use a PayPal gift card to sign up for Sling TV Canada by following the steps below:
- Join or sign in to your Paypal account.
- Buy a PayPal gift card, and your GiftCard will be sent to your address.
- Use ExpressVPN, and connect to its US server.
- Visit Sling TV’s official website.
- Scroll down and choose ‘Redeem Gift Card.’
- Use the PayPal gift card code to get your subscription.
- Enjoy watching Sling TV.
Sign Up Sling TV in Canada using an American Virtual Prepaid Credit Card
If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can use an American virtual prepaid credit card to sign up for Sling TV Canada. Follow the quick steps below:
- Visit the States Pay website on your device and click the ‘Sign Up’ option.
- Provide your information to create a US virtual prepaid card.
- After you are done creating your account, you can easily transfer funds to your account via your credit card or Visa Card.
- Use ExpressVPN, and connect to its US server.
- Visit Sling TV’s official website.
- Use your StatesPay US virtual prepaid card to get your subscription.
How Much Does Sling TV Canada Cost?
How much does Sling TV cost? The two primary Sling TV packages are Sling TV Orange and Sling TV Blue. You can choose either one of them or the Orange+ Blue plan, which will save you money compared to purchasing each separately.
- Cost: CAD 44/month (USD 35/month)
- Provides more than 40 channels, including AMC, TBS, Nick Jr., Syfy, and more.
- 50-hour DVR for free
- Cost: CAD 44/month (USD 35/month)
- 32 Live Channels are available, including ESPN, Disney Channel, Freeform, and ESPN.
- Free DVR for 50 hours
With the Sling TV Blue + Orange package, you can access all 50+ Sling TV Channels for just CA$ 63 (US$ 50) per month.
Like most streaming providers, Sling TV also provides a free trial. Therefore, you can use the Sling TV Canada free trial for 30 days to see if the DVR, video quality, and content are worthwhile before choosing to subscribe.
Best VPNs To Watch Sling TV in Canada? – Quick Summary
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to watch Sling TV in Canada
Fastest VPN with 25+ US server locations. It easily unblocks Sling in Canada. Excellent security features. 30-day money-back guarantee and costs CA$ 9.2 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan.
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for unblocking Sling TV in Canada
A very reasonably priced VPN with an unlimited multi-login option, which costs CA$ 3.17 /mo (US$ 2.30 /mo ) - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan. Allows seamless streaming of Sling TV in Canada with 600+ US servers.
NordVPN – Largest Server Network to Access Sling TV in Canada
US servers of 1,970+ in 15+ Cities. Reasonably fast speeds and unblocking ability which costs CA$ 4.81 /mo (US$ 3.49 /mo ) - Save 60% on 2 Years Deal.
What VPN Works with Sling TV in Canada?
ExpressVPN is our #1 option for unblocking Sling TV in Canada. Because of its lightning-fast servers, amazing unblocking features, and simple applications. We have also listed the other two top providers which are affordable and have the largest server network.
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch Sling TV Canada
ExpressVPN is the most recommended VPN to watch Sling TV Canada because of its lightning-fast servers and unblocking capabilities. With 3000+ servers in around 94+ countries and 25+ server locations in the US alone.
For seamless streaming, ExpressVPN offers a MediaStreamer application, a DNS solution that allows you to hide your location and even lets you watch geo-restricted content of fuboTV in Canada anonymously.
MediaStreamer, unlike a traditional VPN, does not encrypt your traffic. That is, it has no influence on your internet security; it is simply a tool for browsing foreign content.
Moreover, ExpressVPN offers AES 256-bit encryption for strong security and privacy. It lets you connect up to 5 simultaneous connections on one account and offers unlimited bandwidth.
To check its unblocking capabilities and servers speed, we tested it by unblocking Sling TV in Canada by connecting to its US – New York server.
When we tried accessing Sling TV in Canada, without connecting the ExpressVPN, it displayed a geo-restricted error, preventing us from accessing it.
When connected to ExpressVPN, the VPN unblocked the platform instantly, and we could easily watch the popular content library of Sling TV in Canada.
Similarly, we tested ExpressVPN for its speed, and it provided us with a fast download speed of 92.26 Mbps and an amazing upload speed of 52.13 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection when connected to a New York server.
ExpressVPN charges CA$ 9.2 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan. Besides that, it supports all the major platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Firestick.
You can also use ExpressVPN to get Peacock TV, watch Discovery Plus, and live stream YouTube TV in Canada by connecting to its US servers.
The Atlanta server is not recommended due to the slow speed. ExpressVPN offers you a 30-day money-back guarantee, and if you face any issues, you can contact the customer support team, which is available 24/7.
2. Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Watch Sling TV Canada
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN to watch Sling TV premium channels in Canada. It offers unlimited simultaneous connections in just CA$ 3.17 /mo (US$ 2.30 /mo ) - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan which makes it one of the best choices if you have a limited budget to spend on streaming services like ABC outside anywhere, Philo, and Hulu in Canada.
It offers 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. It has 600+ servers in US in 23 cities. They are high-speed servers that let you enjoy a smooth streaming experience.
To check the unblocking capability of this VPN, we tried accessing Sling TV in Canada without and with connecting to Surfshark and here’s what we found.
When we accessed Sling TV in Canada without connecting Surfshark, it showed us the geo-restricted error, preventing us from streaming its popular content.
When we connected to Surfshark’s Boston server, it immediately unblocked the platform, and we could easily watch all the shows available on Sling TV.
Also, we tested Surfshark for its speeds, and it managed to offer an incredible download speed of 88.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection when connected to a server in Boston.
Surfshark is compatible with every operating system and major streaming device, including Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and macOS.
Because of the AES 256-bit encryption and other incredible security features like Kill Switch, Surfshark is a reliable option.
Surfshark offers you a 30-day money-back guarantee, and if you face any issues, you can contact the customer support team, which is available 24/7. We do not recommend using the Dallas server due to the slow speed.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network to Watch Sling TV Canada
NordVPN has the largest server network to watch Sling TV in Canada. It is popular in the VPN industry due to its combination of robust security, fast speed, and budget-friendly prices. You can watch Best Movies on Netflix with ease.
With 5543+ servers in 94+ countries and 1970+ servers in the US in 15 locations it is easy to unblock various streaming platforms in Canada including Sling TV.
We tested the unblocking capabilities of NordVPN and tried accessing Sling TV in Canada with or without using the VPN.
When we accessed Sling TV without using the VPN, we recieved a geo-restricted error right away.
We then connected to the US – #8045 server of NordVPN, allowing us to access the platform instantly.
When tested for speed, NordVPN provided us with a downloading speed of 86.49 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. At this speed, you can easily watch Stan and BBC iPlayer in Canada without any hassle.
NordVPN offers you a 30-day money-back guarantee, and if you face any issues, you can contact the customer support team, which is available 24/7. The #8055 server is not recommended due to the slow speed.
It is compatible with every operating system and major streaming devices, including Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and macOS. NordVPN is compatible with 6 devices.
NordVPN offers AES 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy. You can get its subscription for CA$ 4.81 /mo (US$ 3.49 /mo ) - Save 60% on 2 Years Deal and unblock and enjoy different streaming services like HBO Max abroad.
Can I Watch Sling TV in Canada using a Free VPN?
Yes, you can watch Sling TV in Canada using a free VPN; sadly, we don’t recommend it because it is not secure. Besides the free benefit, they carry several risks that could harm your online privacy and lead to data breaches.
Broadcasting networks can readily detect and block free VPN servers because they are typically overloaded with traffic. When picking a VPN service, it is advisable to always opt for a paid provider after considering all the factors above.
If money is tight, you may choose from some inexpensive VPN solutions or test out more expensive VPN services by taking advantage of their money-back guarantee policies and taking advantage of the top free VPN services for a while. You can watch Kayo Sports and American Netflix too if you subscribe to a premium VPN.
Why is Sling TV not available in Canada?
Sling TV, a Dish Network subsidiary that debuted in 2015, provides its users with live Television channels and on video content.
It only runs in the United States and Puerto Rico. Even if they have a Sling TV account, it is not available in Canada. You cannot use any of your streaming apps to watch Sling TV in Canada, even if you are a U.S. citizen and have a subscription.
The issue is that Sling TV has numerous licensing agreements with production companies and media agencies with geographic constraints. Therefore, Sling’s plans to expand its service outside the USA or even in its neighbors like Canada are not financially and legally feasible.
However, the best streaming VPNs have removed these virtual barriers for Sling TV subscribers in Canada. Canadians can access several live channels through Sling TV, including those from well-known streaming services like TBS, ESPN, HGTV, CNN, Disney, ABC, AMC, TNT, and Food Network, as well as on-demand programming.
How to Get Sling TV Free Trial
For new users, the Sling TV free trial is back. Watch your favorite shows as long as this offer lasts by taking advantage of it.
To receive a free trial of Sling TV Canada on various devices, just follow these easy steps:
- Download and sign up for a VPN (ExpressVPN).
- Open the VPN application and select a US server (Recommended – New York) from the list to connect to.
- Visit this website for the Sling TV free trial.
- To create your account, enter your email address and password.
- That’s it; your Sling Free account is now active. Watch right away!
Why is My Sling TV Not Working? – Quick Trouble Shooting Tips
If you’re using a VPN to connect to a server in the United States, you will be unable to watch Sling TV Canada. At this point, you’ll have to make a few small tweaks, which we’ve discussed below.
- Before visiting Sling TV, ensure your browser’s cache, cookies, and history are cleared.
- First, turn off the device’s GPS or location service capability. Connect to any other VPN server in the United States simply detaching and restarting the VPN.
- Empty your DNS cache.
- Open Command Prompt and type ipconfig/flushdns into it.
What Channels are Included with Sling TV?
Here is the list of the channels which are included with Sling TV:
- BBC America
- Bloomberg Television
Channels That Come With Basic Orange & Blue Plans
Here is the list of Sling TV Canada channels:
- AXS TV
- BBC World News
- Bloomberg Television
- Cartoon Network & Adult Swim
- Discovery Channel
- Disney Channel
- Food Network
- Fox News
- Hallmark Channel
- History Channel
- National Geographic
- Paramount Network
What Devices are Compatible with Sling TV?
The following devices are compatible with Sling TV:
How Do I Install the Sling TV App in Canada?
To fix a Sling TV with loading issues, check for service disruptions, If there aren’t any distruptions, clear the Sling TV app data and cache.
Follow the simple steps given below to install the Sling TV app in Canada on different devices:
How to Watch Sling TV on Android Devices in Canada?
Here are the simple steps to get the Sling TV app in Canada on Android:
- Get a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN on your Android device and connect to the US server (Recommended – New York server).
- Open the Play Store app and press on the three bars in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the “Account” area to identify your name and country.
- Pick the United States as your nation and fill out all of the relevant information.
- After changing your location to the US, you can download the Sling TV app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Watch Sling TV on iOS Devices in Canada?
It’s simple to watch Sling TV on Apple devices since there’s no need for pricey new equipment or sophisticated configurations. Sling works with Apple devices running iOS 11 or tvOS 11 or later.
- Get a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN on your Android device and connect to the US server (Recommended – New York).
- Create a new Apple ID and change its region to US.
- Open the Apple app and search for Sling TV app.
- Download and install the app.
- Start streaming Sling TV on iOS in Canada.
How Do I Watch Sling on My Smart TV in Canada?
You can watch Sling on Smart TV by following the steps below:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN and connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for Sling TV by going to the Apps screen and taping the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner.
- Open the app and choose ‘Install’ to get it on your Smart TV.
- Allow the download and installation processes to finish.
How Do I install Sling TV on Firestick in Canada?
You can watch Sling TV on Firestick Canada by simply changing your Amazon account region from Canada to the United States. After switching to the USA region, install the Sling TV app on your Firestick and stream it with a VPN like ExpressVPN.
How To Watch Sling TV in Canada On Mac
Follow the steps below to watch Sling TV Canada on Mac:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app for Mac.
- Log in to the VPN and connect to a US server.
- Visit Sling TV’s official website on your browser on Mac.
- Get the Sling TV app by clicking on Install Now.
- Select the Apple icon under the Laptops & Computers category.
- Install the app once the downloading finishes.
- Launch the Sling TV app and enjoy streaming your favorite channels.
Does Sling TV work on Xbox One?
Yes, Sling TV work on Xbox One. Follow these quick steps below:
- Turn on your Xbox One.
- Click Apps on the screen.
- Click to browse the apps.
- Type Sling TV in the search box.
- Tap Sling TV and click install.
- Launch the Sling TV app after installation.
- Enter your credentials.
- Enjoy streaming your favorite TV channels on Sling TV on your Xbox One.
Note: Set up ExpressVPN‘s Mediastreamer IP Address on your Xbox One, if you want to access Sling TV on your Xbox One in Canada.
How to Get Sling TV on Roku
You can get Sling TV on Roku in Canada by following the easy steps below:
- On your Roku remote control, Tap Home.
- Using your remote control, go to the Search tab and search Sling TV.
- To pick the Sling TV app, click OK on your controller.
- To get Sling TV on Roku, click Add Channel.
- When Sling TV has finished downloading, it will display on the Roku home screen.
- To open Sling TV, go to it and hit OK.
- Sign in to Sling app with your credentials.
- Enjoy streaming Sling TV on Roku.
Note: If you want to access Sling TV outside the USA, you’ll need to connect to ExpressVPN‘s US servers.
What to Watch on Sling TV in 2023?
You can watch various shows, from funny to horror and mysterious to drama, including the best documentaries and sporting events.
What are the Best Movies to Watch on Sling TV in January 2023?
Here are the best movies to watch on Sling TV in October:
|SpiderMan: Far from Home||The Humans|
|The Northman||Zero Dark Thirty|
|The Upside||The Shape of Water|
What are Best Shows to Watch on Sling TV in January 2023?
The best shows on Sling TV are:
|Yellowjackets||Better Call Saul|
Sling TV Canada FAQs
Is Sling TV free in Canada?
Is it legal to watch Sling TV in Canada with a VPN?
Is Sling TV worth It?
How do I cancel my Sling TV subscription?
1) Log in to your Sling TV account.
2) Open your Account Settings.
3) Click Cancel Subscription.
4) Select a reason for cancellation and press Continue.
5) Select Cancel my subscription to finalize the cancellation process.
Is Sling TV a CTV?
Is Sling TV free with Amazon?
Sling TV Canada is an amazing online streaming service offering a variety of high-quality content. Obviously, people living in Canada are deprived of this great service. We have given our list of the best VPNs to watch Sling TV so you may easily access the service in Canada by using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
The great thing is that if you’re wondering, is Sling TV free with Amazon Prime? Yes, absolutely it is free, if you got the subscription to Amazon Prime you can watch free Sling TV.
If you have any questions, feel free to discuss them in the comment section below regarding Sling TV in Canada.