If you are looking for a way to watch CBC in the USA, then you must know that you will need a VPN to unblock it. CBC is a geo-restricted service that does not work outside Canada.
CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company) is a Canadian Federal Corporation, which broadcasts live news, sports, and much more. You can watch live shows on CBC’s website and its app, but the issue is that it is only accessible in Canada.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch CBC in the US?
CBC is a federal broadcasting corporation, and it distributes its content within the Canadian region only. If you try to access CBC outside Canada, you will see the following message:
To bypass this geo-restriction, you will need a VPN that has fast and reliable servers in Canada. When you will use a VPN and connect to its Canadian server, it will assign you a Canadian IP and DNS. You can watch YouTube TV in Canada via a VPN’s Canadian servers. This way, CBC servers will not block your access, and you will be able to watch CBC in the USA.
Best VPN to Watch CBC in the USA
Following are the three best VPNs you can use to watch CBC in the USA:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch CBC in the USA
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for watching CBC in the USA because of its highly optimized servers and strong security protocol. It encrypts user traffic with AES 256-bit encryption and has more than 3000 servers around the globe. All of its servers provide unlimited bandwidth and are optimal for seamless streaming.
You can get their exclusive 15 months plan, in which you get 12+3 months free. Other than that, you can share your account with others as it allows up to 5 multi-logins. You can also use ExpressVPN to unblock Sky Go, access BBC iPlayer, and watch Channel 4 in the USA.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN for Watching CBC in the US
Surfshark is the most pocket-friendly VPN for CBC in the US. It offers 1700+ servers from 61+ countries. The high-speed servers of Surfshark are a perfect remedy for all your streaming problems.
Surfshark is highly reliable because of the AES 256- bit encryption and other amazing safety features. Unlimited logins and pricing as low as $2.49/mo are the other features that make it a favorable choice in the VPN industry. You can use Surfshark’s Canadian server to unblock CraveTV outside Canada and use its UK servers to watch BFI Player outside the UK as well.
NordVPN – User-Friendly VPN to Watch CBC in the US or outside Canada
NordVPN is another popular option for watching CBC in the US or outside Canada. It offers a 2-year plan at $3.33/mo with more than 6500+ servers from 140 countries, protected with AES 256-bit protection.
NordVPN can unblock any service even with its browser extension. Moreover, it allows six simultaneous connections, enabling you and your family or friends to share a single account for secure streaming. NordVPN can also unblock 7Plus outside Australia and let you watch Rai TV abroad easily.
Can I use a free VPN to Watch CBC in the USA?
No, you should never use a free VPN to watch CBC in the USA, as free VPNs are unreliable and unsafe. Free VPNs cannot bypass the strong geo-restrictions imposed by the streaming platforms, and even if they somehow bypass the geo-restrictions, you shouldn’t use them if you value your privacy.
Using a free VPN is not only risky, but it also provides a subpar streaming experience. You should remember that you are risking your privacy with their usage. These free VPNs are notorious for selling their users’ information and history to third parties, as per many sources. Many users have also reported DNS and IP leaks with their usage. All in all, you should abstain from using a free VPN and use only trusted and reliable VPNs given in our list above.
CBC Device Compatibility:
You can watch CBC in the USA or outside Canada on the following devices and platforms:
- Smart TV
- Android Devices (Watch CBC in the US on Android devices)
- iOS Devices (Access CBC on iOS devices)
- Apple TV
- Kodi (Watch CBC Sports on Kodi)
- Roku (Watch CBC TV on Roku)
- Firestick and Fire TV (Stream CBC Gem on Fire TV)
How to Watch CBC in the US on an Android phone
To access CBC on an Android phone, you need to follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect to any of its Canadian servers.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Download the CBC application from the app store.
- Install the application and enjoy streaming.
How to Watch CBC on iOS devices
Follow the steps below to get CBC on your iOS device:
- Download and install a VPN client.
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Search the CBC app in the App Store and download it.
- Install the application.
- Open the CBC after installation and enjoy streaming.
How to Watch CBC Gem on Amazon Fire TV
You can access CBC Gem on Fire TV by following the steps below:
- Select the “Appstore” icon on your home screen.
- Search for the “CBC Gem” app for your Fire TV.
- Download and install the application.
- Enjoy a smooth streaming experience.
You can also access CBC on your Fire TV by visiting gem.cbc.ca on your Fire TV’s Silk web browser.
How to Watch CBC Sports outside Canada on Kodi
Follow the steps below to watch CBC sports on Kodi outside Canada:
- Connect to the Canadian servers of a VPN.
- Go to the System Settings on Kodi Krypton.
- Click on Expert Mode and then select Add-ons.
- Turn on the ‘Unknown Sources‘ and click Yes.
- Go to the Settings again and click on File Manager and then click ‘Add Source.’
- Enter “http://fusion.tvaddons.co/“ on the path and select ‘None.’
- Name it as ‘Fusion,’ and then click okay.
- You will see a block-shaped icon on the left corner, click on it and select ‘Install from zip file.’
- Click on Fusion and then select ‘begin here.’
- Select indigo-x.x.x.zip and proceed with installing it.
- Open ‘My Add-ons‘ and then select ‘Program Add-ons.’
- Select ‘Indigo.’
- Click ‘Addon Installer‘ and then ‘Video Addons.’
- Click ‘C,’ then click on ‘CBC Sports‘ and install it.
- Click ‘Finish‘ and restart the Kodi application.
- Click ‘Video Add-ons‘ and select CBC Sports and enjoy streaming.
How to Watch CBC TV on Roku outside Canada
You can easily watch CBC TV on Roku outside Canada by following the steps below:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect to its servers in Canada.
- Add CBC TV from the Roku Store.
- Open the CBC TV application and enjoy streaming.
CBC Channels List
CBC offers multiple channels for its users having different interests. The list of all CBC Channels is as follows:
Best CBC TV Shows
CBC offers multiple movies, TV shows, sports events, news, kids shows, and a lot more. The list of the best CBC TV Shows that you can watch outside of Canada are as follows:
- Animal Mechanicals
- Black Harbour
- Canada: A People’s History
- Emily of New Moon
- Northern Rescue
- Republic of Doyle
- Schitt’s Creek
- The Great Canadian Baking Show
- This Hour Has 22 Minutes
Can I watch CBC TV Live online?
Yes, you can watch CBC TV live online by visiting its official site and use a VPN to access the service outside Canada. You can get its premium package at $4.99 per month to stream ad-free content, watch live CBC News Network, and gain early access to the exclusive CBS content.
Is CBC gem available outside Canada?
No, CBC Gem is not available outside Canada due to geo-blocking, copyrights, and licensing issues. However, you may access CBC Gem outside of Canada using a VPN like ExpressVPN.
How can I watch CBC Gem for free?
You can watch CBC Gem for free by visiting its official website, and stream limited content (with ads) for free. You can also get an ad-free premium version at $4.99 per month, which will let you live stream CBC News Network and give you early access to CBC exclusive content.
How to watch CBC Sports live online for free?
You can watch CBC Sports online for free by visiting “cbc.ca/sports” or by installing the CBC application for your device. If you are residing outside Canada, then you’ll need to connect to a VPN first to access CBC Sports in the USA or anywhere abroad.
CBC cannot be accessed directly outside of Canada without a VPN. After reading this guide, you must now be acquainted with the easy steps to access CBC in the USA/outside Canada with the help of a VPN.