Unable to watch the STV player in USA? Due to the geo-restrictions, STV Player is only available in the UK. Don’t hesitate! With the help of a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, you can watch all your STV shows instantly. So, let’s learn how to watch STV Player in USA in 2023.
STV is an on-demand streaming channel with catch-up shows, STV news, and a variety of story-driven drama series like Celebrity Lingo, The Pet Show, and DNA Journey.
STV is only available in Scotland for British and Scottish users, and you can’t watch it in the USA due to international content licensing policies. But by using a VPN, you can overcome this issue. A VPN helps you spoof your original IP address to unblock any site you want to.
How to Watch STV Player in USA [Quick Steps]
- Subscribe to a VPN and download it. (ExpressVPN is our top recommendation.)
- Now, launch the ExpressVPN app and sign in.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom. The Dockland server is recommended.
- Go to the official STV Player website and start watching your favorite shows.
Why STV is Blocked in my Region?
STV Player cannot be viewed outside of Scotland (UK) due to geo-restrictions and licensing agreements. If you attempt to access shows and live TV outside Scotland, STVplayer will detect and block your IP address.
Many streaming websites, including STV, use IP tracking systems to prevent unauthorized access. As a result, to access the STV, you must either be in Scotland or use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Why do you need a VPN to Watch STV Player in USA?
STV Player is a geo-restricted service that is only available within Scotland UK). If you try to access it without a VPN, it will show you the following error message:
This programme is not available as you are located outside of the STV Broadcast Licence Region.
A VPN is required to unblock this streaming service by masking the IP address and making you appear on the site as if you are located in the UK. For this, you need to connect to the UK server on a VPN.
ExpressVPN is an excellent choice for this because it has fast UK servers and can unblock STV Player quickly. You can also use a premium VPN to watch NRK TV or m6 Replay in USA or any other streaming service without any issue.
How to Subscribe For STV Player in the US?
If you’re not in the STV region, you can still have a STV Player account. Below are the quick and easy steps for subscribing STV Player live in USA using a VPN:
Step 1: Get a premium VPN subscription (ExpressVPN is recommended), then go to the official STV Player website and click on Sign in/Join.
Step 2: Enter your email address in the box and press the Continue button.
Step 3: Enter your information, such as your full name and birth date, and create a password for your STV player live account.
Step 4: Remember to only enter STV region postcodes from the UK region.
Step 5: Join STV.com and start watching your favorite shows on STV USA.
Best VPNs to Watch STV Player in USA
After conducting a thorough search on 15+ VPNs and their streaming features, we’ve concluded that ExpressVPN is the best VPN for unblocking STV Player in USA and elsewhere. Besides ExpressVPN, we also listed other premium VPNs that works best with STV Player. Let’s get into the detailed analysis of all three VPNs:
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch STV Player in USA
We recommend ExpressVPN to watch STV Player as it not only unblocks STV streaming but has also proved to be the fastest in terms of speed.
It is clearly a giant in the industry, rightfully popular because of its amazing speed and security features; it has 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, including 4 server locations in the UK.
We connected to the Docklands server on ExpressVPN and had an amazing streaming time!
In the speed tests we conducted, it managed to offer a download speed of 89.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
ExpressVPN supports torrent files and offers five simultaneous logins to share VPN with family and friends to enjoy streaming together. The VPN is compatible with every streaming device, so, you can also get STV Player for PC using ExpressVPN.
It uses AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption with 256-bit keys, commonly known as AES-256. It’s the same encryption standard used by the US government and security professionals worldwide to secure secret information.
In short, this is a high-quality VPN that excels in nearly every aspect. It does not only help you to stream STV online, but it can help you unblock the TVNZ channel, Greek TV, and Tenplay in USA.
It costs US$ 6.67 /mo - Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan along with 24/7 live customer support. Customers are entitled to a 30-day full money refund guarantee.
- Lightning-fast speed servers
- Unblocks all major streaming sites
- Compatible with all major OS and devices
- Supports five devices on one account
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming
- Excellent customer service
- Slightly expensive
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch STV Player in USA
Surfshark is an affordable service that you may use to watch STV in USA. You can subscribe to it in US$ 2.30 /mo - 82% Off on 2 Years Plan. You can share your account with anyone, as Surfshark offers unlimited logins.
It’s suitable for streaming content due to its lightning-fast speeds, which allow HD streaming on STV. It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. We connected to the Glasgow server on Surfshark to unblock STV Player in USA.
When we tested, the download speed offered by Surfshark was 88.14 Mbps, and the upload speed was 83.72 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
With Surfshark, you can also watch Australian TV and Hotstar in USA.
It is compatible with all the major devices and OS like Windows, Android, Linux, iOS or macOS. For security, it also employs AES 256-bit data technique to encrypt your traffic data.
For customer facilitation, it offers 24/7 live chat support and a refund policy of one month.
- Low price
- Unlimited connections on one account
- Free trial on iOS or Android devices
- Compatible with all devices
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Customer support needs improvement
3. NordVPN– Largest Server Network VPN to Watch STV Player in USA
NordVPN has the largest server network. It has 5543+ servers in 60+ countries, including 440 plus servers in the United Kingdom. Viewing geo-restricted content is a piece of cake with this VPN.
It’s simple to connect to a UK server because there are so many of them, especially if you want to stream HD streaming on STV. We connected to the server located in London to access STV Player in USA.
This VPN offers a download speed of 86.38 Mbps and an upload speed of 80.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
With NordVPN, you can also unblock Indian channels, as well as the 9Now network, and ITV in USA.
NordVPN offers six simultaneous logins to share with your family and friends. You can use it on Android, iOS, macOS, Windows or Linux devices. Its NordLynx feature offers a quicker connection. It also uses AES 256-bit data technique to encrypt your online traffic.
You can subscribe to it in US$ 3.49 /mo - Save 60% on 2 Years Deal. It also offers 24/7 customer support and a money-back guarantee of 30-days.
- Optimized servers worldwide
- Compatible with all devices
- Unblocks all streaming services
- Robust security features
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- No torrenting
How to Choose the Right VPN to Watch STV Player in USA
VPNs are not all the same, even though they may all claim to be excellent. Many streaming services are smart enough to block VPNs every now and then, and all VPNs cannot bypass these restrictions.
When selecting STV VPN, always look for the following features:
- Speed: Choose a VPN that ensures a quick server connection and offers unlimited bandwidth for streaming. If your VPN provider does not offer a good speed, you’ll have a frustrating streaming experience.
- Optimized UK servers: It is important for a VPN to provide many servers in more than one UK location. It will help you switch the location on the VPN if the streaming services block any server locations. The VPNs we have mentioned in our guide offer optimized and reliable servers worldwide.
- Security: Never compromise your online security when selecting a VPN service. Many cheap or sub-par VPN services track your data and share it with third-party companies. Choose a VPN that ensures no log, IP/DNS leaks and uses the AES 256-bit data technique to encrypt your data.
- Compatibility: Opt for a VPN service that has apps compatible with all streaming devices and works well on routers. The VPNs we have mentioned in our guide also allow using multiple devices simultaneously on one account.
- Customer service: The VPNs we have mentioned in our guide offer 24/7 customer support and are risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee. We consider customer service important because you are investing your money.
You can immediately resolve your issues with live chat support without waiting an entire day for their response.
Is it possible to stream STV Player in the USA with Free VPN?
Yes, it is possible to stream STV by using a free VPN. However, using a free VPN is unsafe and only works with a few services.
Free VPNs for STV have a limited number of servers and frequently interrupt your connection. This suggests you should not use a free VPN to unblock Scotland broadcasters.
A reliable VPN is best if you want to stream STV Player. Therefore, we recommend using a VPN such as ExpressVPN to maintain consistent connectivity.
List of Compatible Devices
Her is the list of compatible devices with STV Player in USA:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
How To Watch STV Player In The USA On Your Xbox?
- Set up your VPN for the router. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Log in to your Xbox Live account.
- Select Apps from the Store menu.
- Look for and download the STV player app.
- Launch the STV application.
- Make an account and sign in.
- Begin watching STV player shows.
How To Watch STV Player In The US Using Chromecast?
- Install and sign up for a reliable VPN on your device.
- Launch the VPN app and sign in with your account credentials.
- Choose a Scottish server from the list.
- Download and install the STV player app on your device.
- Make an account and sign in.
- Launch the STV player app and select the Chromecast option.
- Using compatible devices, stream STV player to your TV.
How to Watch STV Player in the US on Samsung TV?
- Set up a premium VPN first.
- On your remote, press the home button.
- Look for the STV Player.
- Now, select Install > Add to Home > Finish. Open STV.
- Start the STV app.
- Make an account and sign in with your credentials.
- Enjoy watching STV shows!
How to Watch STV Live on iPad?
- Sign up for a reliable VPN.
- Install the VPN app, set up an account, and log in with your credentials.
- From the list, look for and connect to a Scottish server.
- Install the STV app from the Apple App Store.
- Make an account and sign in.
- Begin watching STV!
Can you get STV Player on Amazon Fire Stick?
- Get ExpressVPN and utilize its mediastreamer feature to make a secure connection.
- Launch your FireStick TV and download STV Player app using your device’s app store.
- Once the app downloaded, now you need to activate the app on your FireStick.
- Press “Join STV/Sign in” option which will provide you with a 5 digit code on your TV.
- Copy this code and enter it on stv.tv/activate via your mobile or laptop.
- After confirmation, sign in and you’ll be able to stream your STV Player app on your Amazon FireStick device instantly.
Best Movies to Watch on STV player in 2023
We have provided a list of the best movies on STV Player in 2023:
- Magical Christmas Ornaments
- A Gift For Christmas
- Emarald Falls
- A Sense of Freedom
- How to Murder Your Wife
- Venus and Mars
Best TV Shows to Watch on STV player in 2023
Below is the list of the popular TV shows to watch on STV Player in 2023:
- Fresh Meat
- Ackley Bridge
- The Commander
- Inside The Factory
- Secret State
Why STV Player is Not Working with VPN in USA?
There could be several reasons why STV Player is not working in USA with a VPN, such as an outdated VPN app, poor internet connection, VPN server blocked by STV, blocked ports, etc. Below we have shared the quick fixes that would help you watch STV Player in US with a VPN:
1. Check your network settings
If your internet connection is slow, a VPN will never work smoothly on it. It will not establish the connection with the server you choose on the VPN app. Ensure you are using an internet service with a stable connection.
Try restarting your Wi-Fi router. Check with your ISP (Internet Service provider) if the speed is continuously slow.
2. Change your server
When the streaming services like STV recognize the VPN server IP, it immediately blocks it. Also, sometimes the load on one server is too much that it cannot establish the connection and unblock streaming services.
When this happens, try connecting to another server in the same location.
3. Make sure the right ports are opened
Check the default settings to ensure the correct ports are opened for the VPN connection.
4. Reinstall your VPN software
Ensure that you are using an updated VPN version on your streaming device. If there is any issue, try reinstalling the VPN software on your device. It will help resolve all the bug issues.
5. Upgrade to a better VPN service
All VPNs are not capable enough to bypass the strong geo-restrictions on STV. For this reason, we suggest using only the premium VPNs that offer optimized servers.
Which VPNs to Avoid while Accessing STV Player?
We recommend avoiding the following VPNs for STV Player due to their slow speed and privacy risk associated with them:
Hola VPN: Although it is tempting to use Hola VPN as it is a free service, it is not wise to use it. The most important thing to understand here is this is actually not a VPN but a P2P proxy. It does not meet any criteria of a good VPN – no secured connection.
Hola VPN has also been reported for selling the bandwidth of users for Botnet. So we recommend staying safe instead of being sorry in future.
HideMyAss: Even though it is a UK-based VPN service, it cannot bypass the geo-restrictions on every streaming site. The connection is usually slow and disconnects multiple times – it was evaluated during our test.
Hoxx VPN: We recommend avoiding Hoxx VPN for its DNS/IP leaks issue, usually reported by the extension users. Hoxx VPN is also incompatible with the TOR Network. With HoxxVPN, we couldn’t watch STV Player in USA.
What is STV?
Is STV Player free?
Is ITV hub the same as STV Player?
ITV Player and STV Player are on-demand catch-up and live streaming television services provided by ITV in England and Wales, and STV in Scotland.
Can you watch STV in America?
Can I watch STV Player on my TV?
Can you download programs on STV player?
Hopefully, we’ve covered everything you need to know to unblock the STV player in USA using a VPN like ExpressVPN.
So, if you’re out of STV regions, you can still enjoy watching favorite STV shows. Grab your snacks and binge-watch all your favorite British Live content and series. Emmerdale and Coronation Street are must-watch titles.
Have any questions? Please do not hesitate to ask us any questions about the STV player in the comments section below.