Is ESPN Plus available on Roku? Well, yes. You can easily watch ESPN Plus on Roku via the ESPN Roku app. However, you’ll need to sign in with a TV provider to watch ESPN content on your Roku device. But don’t worry if you have no access to a cable provider. There’s a way around it. Keep on reading!
ESPN+ is the most popular streaming service which is well known globally in sports and Roku is the digital media player hardware, created by an American-based company. They give access to all your streaming platforms in one place that provides streaming content for sports and entertainment.
ESPN Plus is available as a standalone service. But do you know how to get ESPN for free? Well, you can watch ESPN+ content without cable with a free trial by subscribing to a streaming service like Sling TV, fuboTV, DirecTV Stream, YouTube TV, or Hulu with Live TV.
Moreover, ESPN+ is only available in the US so you will need a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN to watch ESPN+ outside US and access shows like NCAA Men’s College, F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, NCAA Outdoor Track, First Take, and, UFC Fight Night. Now, let’s jump on how to watch ESPN Plus on Roku:
How to Download and Sign Up ESPN Plus on Roku
You must first have a membership to watch ESPN Plus Roku. Does Roku have ESPN Plus? Well, yes. The app is available to download. Also, you’ll need working internet and a Roku-compatible TV to watch them.
Here are the steps to download and sign up ESPN Plus Roku:
- Head to the ESPN+ website.
2. Tap on the “Sign Up to ESPN+” link.
3. Choose the preferred ESPN subscription cost. Don’t know how much is ESPN on Roku? The cost of ESPN on Roku is US$ 6.99/mo. or US$ 69.99/yr. Is ESPN free on Roku? Well, the ESPN app on Roku is free to download. However, you need a subscription to play content (try ESPN Plus free trial to test the service). In case you get an error on ESPN or don’t like the service you can also cancel the ESPN+ subscription anytime).
4. Log in account with your credentials.
5. Add your payment info such as Credit Card or Paypal.
6. Enjoy the service.
Once you are done with these steps, you will have 2 options for ESPN Plus installation on Roku. You can either install the Roku app from your internet browser or directly on your Roku device.
Here’s how you do it:
- Head to the Roku Store via browser or use its player.
2. Search for the ESPN+ Roku app.
3. Click “Add Channel” to start the installation and add the ESPN channel on Roku.
4. Launch the ESPN+ application.
5. Choose the ESPN Plus tab and enjoy watching.
Note: Even you might be prompted to subscribe after you logged in to your account despite you are already subscribed to ESPN+ before. In that case, you can re-link the ESPN+ account by following the instructions mentioned below for how do I activate ESPN on my Roku.
How Do I Activate ESPN+ on My Roku?
Once your query regarding is ESPN+ available on Roku? has been answered you must have been thinking about how do I activate ESPN on Roku. Don’t worry, all you need is to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the setting option on the ESPN Roku application.
- Choose “Subscription” and select “ESPN+.”
- Log in to your account and copy the code.
- Visit the ESPN+ activate link on your web browser.
- Click “Continue” after entering the activation key.
- Try logging in again and your problem will be resolved.
This procedure activates your ESPN Plus membership to your Roku device, allowing you to start watching ESPN+ on Roku TV. The procedure not only allows you to watch ESPN+ but also helps you to watch Hulu, Disney Plus, American Netflix and beIN Sports on Roku as well.
Keep in mind that, if you are attempting these steps outside the US; you will need to subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to watch ESPN Plus on Roku because ESPN+ is a US geo-blocked streaming service and follows a regional restrictions policy.
Do you know how to get ESPN on Roku without cable TV? Navigate to the next heading for the details!
How to Watch ESPN on Roku With a Live TV App
You can watch ESPN content via other live streaming platforms such as Sling TV, fuboTV, Hulu with Live TV, and others if you don’t have a valid TV provider. These platforms have some of the ESPN channels like ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, and more.
However, keep in mind to choose a streaming service that offers the ESPN channels that you want to watch. Also, note that Sling TV is only available in the US. Similarly, check before you sign up for a streaming platform if it’s available in your region or not.
If none of the services that offer ESPN channels are available in your region, you can use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN to change your region to the US and access Sling TV, fuboTV, or any other streaming service with no problems.
Here are the steps on how to watch ESPN on Roku TV without cable using fuboTV:
1. Sign up for fuboTV. Go to the fuboTV website and click on “START FREE TRIAL”.
2. Create your fuboTV account. Enter the necessary details and create your fuboTV account.
3. Select a fuboTV plan. Choose between the “Pro” or “Elite” plans. The Pro plan includes ESPN and ESPN 2, whereas the Elite plan includes ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News and ESPN U.
4. Enter the payment information.
5. Create your profile on fuboTV.
6. Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
7. On the Home screen, navigate to the “Search” option on the left panel.
8. Type “fuboTV” in the search field.
9. Select the fuboTV channel.
10. Add the fuboTV channel on your Roku.
11. Launch the fuboTV channel by selecting “Go to channel”.
12. Sign in with your fuboTV login credentials.
13. You can either use the “sign in with a code” or “sign in with email” method to log in with your fuboTV account to watch the content of ESPN Plus on Roku.
Can I Download ESPN Plus Content on Roku?
No, you can’t download ESPN Plus content on Roku. However, ESPN+ offers to download content for offline viewing that is only available for mobile apps such as iOS, and Android. This means you won’t be able to download ESPN+ content to your Roku or other media player.
Thinking why won’t my ESPN app work on Roku? Well, you might have an old Roku model. Navigate to the next heading to know which Roku models don’t work with ESPN Plus.
Can I Stream ESPN Plus on Roku Older Model Devices?
Yes, you can start streaming ESPN on Roku old devices except for the following traditional models mentioned below:
- Roku Streaming Stick 3420X
- Roku 2 High Definition 3000X
- Roku Stick 3400X
- Roku High Definition 2500X
If you own one of these non-compatible Roku devices and want to enjoy ESPN Plus, you should try streaming using a Chromecast or Kodi device that supports watching ESPN Plus. If your older Roku device isn’t among these models simply follow the steps mentioned above.
What’s New on ESPN+ in 2023?
Here are the upcoming games for ESPN Plus in 2023. You can stream all these on ESPN Plus on Roku:
|New York Rangers vs. Washington Capitals||25 February 2023|
|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. St. Louis Blues||25 February 2023|
|New York Rangers vs. Boston Bruins||4 March 2023|
|Colorado Avalanche vs. Dallas Stars||4 March 2023|
|Detroit Red Wings vs. Boston Bruins||11 March 2023|
|Philadelphia Flyers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins||11 March 2023|
|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers||18 March 2023|
|Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins||25 March 2023|
ESPN+ on Roku – FAQs
How to turn off subtitles in ESPN+ on Roku?
Turning off subtitles is not a good option if you are not a native person. However, if you still want to disable the subtitles you can follow the steps below.
- Press the “Home” button on Roku remote control.
- Scroll down and select “Settings.”
- Go to the accessibility to select “Captions Menu.”
- Turn off the “Captions” to disable subtitles.
Is ESPN+ free on Roku?
Why ESPN Plus is not working on Roku?
Here’s how you do it:
- Head to the “Home Screen” of your Roku TV
- Press the * button.
- Select the channel to remove it.
- Remove ESPN+ old version
- Restart the Roku device.
- Search for the ESPN+ app.
- Install the latest version of ESPN+.
Hopefully, you will find this blog beneficial and informative on how to watch ESPN Plus on Roku. It is fantastic for watching ESPN+. Just make sure your device isn’t on the list of older models and follow the right steps to download and sign up for Roku ESPN Plus.
If you’re buying a new Roku player, go for one with high processing capabilities. It will give you the finest streaming experience. However, if you are trying to access ESPN+ on Roku outside the US make sure to subscribe, download, and install a VPN app like ExpressVPN.
Despite that, check out our guide on How to watch YuppTv on Roku and ITV on Roku.
Want to ask something? Feel free to contact us in the comment section below. We will assist u in the best possible way.