Are you looking for ways to watch Disney Plus on PS4? If yes, this article will cover how to get Disney Plus on PS4 and what you can stream.
Disney Plus is a paid, over-the-top streaming platform available in the United States. The Walt Disney Company owned it, and was initially designed for American citizens. However, it is steadily expanding its global network, although it has not yet launched in many areas.
Movies and TV shows from National Geographic, Marvel, Disney, and Pixar are available on Disney+, which has an incredible selection. On the collection of this streaming service, you may find programs like Big Mouth Kdrama, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, Spidey and His Amazing Friends Season 2, and In the Soop: Friendscation.
You can stream everything on Disney Plus. Whether you’re a die-hard Marvel Cinematic Universe fan or prefer to explore the real world with National Geographic, Disney Plus is a veritable goldmine of content.
Is Disney Plus on PS4 in 2022?
Yes, Disney Plus is accessible on the PS4. Disney+ is available for free download from the PlayStation Store. Both PS4 and PS5 models can play Disney+. Simply search for the Disney Plus app on PlayStation 4 in the PlayStation Store, and on PlayStation 5, look for the app under Media > All Apps.
How to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 [Easy Steps]
You can follow the easy steps below to watch Disney Plus on PS4 in 2022 and learn how to log in to Disney Plus on PS4.
- Launch your PS4.
- Open the PlayStation App Store and search for the Disney+ app.
- Download and install the application.
- Select the Disney Plus app from the TV & Video icon.
- Sign in using your credentials and start watching Disney Plus on PS4!
*Note: After learning how to download Disney Plus on PS4, please sign up first if you do not have a Disney Plus account.
How to get Disney+ on PS4 in geo-restricted locations
If you can not directly access Disney Plus in your region due to geo-restrictions, you can still watch it in your country with the help of a VPN. You can set up Smart DNS on PS4 to watch Disney+ from anywhere with the help of a VPN.
- Subscribe to a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Go to ExpressVPN’s DNS setting page and sign in using your credentials.
- Under the IP address registration option, click on Register my IP address.
4. Head towards the ExpressVPN’s setup page and note the MediaStreamer DNS server IP address
Now that you have a new DNS IP address, you can set up the DNS servers on your PS4 to watch Disney+.
How to set up DNS servers to watch Disney+ on your PS4
- Go to the Settings tab on your PS4.
- Go to Network and then select Set Up Internet Connection.
- The next step is to select your internet connection.
- Select Custom and then select “Automatic”.
- Select Do Not Specify and then select Manual.
- Select Primary DNS.
- Enter the address that you noted in the previous steps and select Done.
- Select Next and then select Automatic.
- Finalize setting your smart DNS on your PlayStation.
- Now, open the Disney+ app and log in with your credentials.
- Enjoy streaming your favorite shows.
Following the steps above, you can easily get Disney+ in the Philippines and access Disney+ in Malaysia on your PS4.
How does Smart DNS Allow you to Access Disney+ on your PS4 from Anywhere?
When you access Disney+ from your location, it fetches your IP and DNS addresses. According to the Disney+ geo-blocking policies, you can not directly access its content from the geo-blocked locations. So, if you try accessing Disney+ from a geo-restricted location, it will give you a location error.
You can use a VPN’s Smart DNS service to mask your IP address and set up the IP address of the location you are trying to access. So, if you will access Disney+ on your PS4 using a VPN’s Smart DNS, it will change your IP and make Disney+ think that you are accessing it from a different location, and easily bypass the geo-blocks.
With Smart DNS, you will be able to watch other libraries of Disney Plus, just like Disney Plus in Singapore.
How do I update Disney+ on Playstation 4?
As follows, you can upgrade Disney+ on your PS4: Locate Disney+ on the home page. Using your controller, select Disney+, then click the Options button. Choose Check for Update from the menu on the right side.
How much is Disney Plus on PS4
The monthly plan of Disney Plus costs $7.99 per month. If you want to subscribe to their yearly plan, you can get it at $79.99 per year (Save $13.89 on the annual payment plan). Disney+also offers a special bundle that comes with Disney Plus with ESPN+ and Hulu for a total of $13.99/month.
You may select the package that suits your requirements. Once you have purchased the Disney+ subscription, you can then enter your login credentials to enjoy streaming Disney+ on your PS4 or PS4 Pro. You can cancel Disney Plus immediately if you don’t like the service.
Can You Watch Disney Plus in 4K on PS4?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus in 4K on PS4, but you will have to pay a few extra charges to do so.
However, there is one major caveat for PlayStation 4 users: to stream in 4K resolution, you must have a PS4 Pro. Unfortunately, the standard/original PS4 and PS4 Slim do not support the 4K streaming of Disney Plus.
To watch Disney Plus in 4K on PS4, you’ll also need an internet connection with at least 25 Mbps.
What can I watch on Disney Plus with PS4?
Thinking about what can you watch on Disney Plus? You can watch all Disney Plus titles available in your region on PS4.
You can enjoy some cool new flicks, including Pinocchio 2022, a hugely popular new TV show that is sure to please all the fans, and you can also watch all of the Star Wars films and the critically acclaimed Star Wars: Andor.
Meanwhile, anyone looking for TV nostalgia can watch The Muppet Show’s first five seasons and every episode of The Simpsons ever made. Then there are the family favorites, like Run Ricky Run, and Disney classics like The Lion King, The Jungle Book, and Finding Dory.
What to watch on Disney Plus on PlayStation
You can watch all your favorite movies and TV shows on Disney Plus on PlayStation from a collection of over 7500 TV show episodes and 500 movies. In our next section, we have compiled a list of the Best Movies and Best TV shows on Disney+ on PS4.
Talking about the content libraries of Disney Plus, you can get the best content library of Disney Plus outside USA with the help of a VPN like ExpressVPN, so hurry and subscribe to it now.
Best Disney+ TV Shows
You can enjoy the following list of popular TV Shows on Disney+, and if you face any issues while streaming these shows, you can read our guide on why Disney Plus is not working:
- Moon Knight
- Ms. Marvel
- The Owl House
- The Mandalorian
- Big Mouth Kdrama
Best Disney+ Movies
Disney+ lets you access the following popular Disney Plus movies in its library, and you can easily change language on Disney Plus if you want to watch the movies in another language:
- Free Guy
- Black Widow
- The New Mutants
- Zombies 3
What other devices does Disney+ support?
You can access Disney+ on the following devices, including Disney Plus on Roku:
- Desktop Web Browsers (via streaming)
- Mobile Devices and Tablets (via free downloaded app)
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Android phone and tablet
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Set-top Boxes and Game Consoles (via free downloaded app)
- Apple TV (4th Generation and later)
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Smart TVs (pre-installed or via a free downloaded app)
- Android TV Devices
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs
- Other Streaming Devices (via free downloaded app)
- Amazon FireTV
- Apple AirPlay
Are PlayStation Models Compatible with Disney Plus?
The following models are compatible with Disney Plus:
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 4 Slim
- PlayStation 5
How Can I Watch Disney+ on PS5?
You can easily watch Disney+ on a PS5. The PS5 version of Disney Plus is just as simple to download as it is for the PS4. Just carry out these steps.
- Click the “X” button on the Playstation store.
- Select “Search” and enter “Disney+.”
- Pick or highlight the Disney+ App, then press “X” once more.
- The download will begin when you press “X” after the channel shows.
- With your login information, enjoy!
What are the Other Streaming Services Supported by PS4?
The days of considering gaming systems like the PS4 just for video games are long gone. Currently, you can use your PS4 to stream a number of your preferred TV series or films thanks to a variety of providers; a few of these streaming services are listed below:
- Amazon Prime
- Now TV
- BBC iPlayer
Is Disney Plus available on PS4?
Why is my Disney Plus lagging on PS4?
Why won’t my Disney Plus work on my PS4?
How do I clear Disney Plus cache on PS4?
1) On the Dashboard, click “Settings.”
2) After selecting “Storage,” “System Storage,” and “Saved Data,” choose “Storage.”
3) Select “Disney Plus“ and then click “Options.”
4) Choose “Delete.”
Why does Disney Plus freeze on PS4?
Why is Disney Plus so quiet PS4?
How to cancel Disney Plus on PS4?
1) Open the Disney+ app on your PS4 and log in with your credentials.
2) Select the Profile icon and click Accounts.
3) Select your active subscription plan.
4) Click on the cancel subscription button.
5) Finally, click Complete Cancellation to cancel your Disney+ subscription on PS4.
You now know how to access Disney Plus on PS4. Even if Disney Plus is unavailable in your country, you can still access it with the help of a VPN like ExpressVPN and enjoy its streaming experience on your PlayStation.
Moreover, you might face some Disney Plus error codes just as Disney Plus error code 73, but don’t worry, after you’ve read the guide, you will easily encounter it without any issue.